Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Culture reviews

Australia121 reviews

Clear
3.0Work–Life Balance

Productive and Fun with the right management

It is a fun work environment when you have the right management team. They ensure you are physically and mentally good and always try and help you whenever they can. They work the roster around your availability and do not force or push you to work when you are not available.

Pros

Amazing managers

Cons

Too many changes within the company

Some amazing people, but the gossip and general incompetence amongst management is something else.

Met some amazing people over the years in all roles who have become lifelong friends and will help each other out as best we can, but the gossip, favouritism, one-upping, blatant disrespect and general incompetence amongst managers, both at store level and head office is unreal. Working through Covid in the warehouse was a nightmare. No staff turning up for shifts as they were getting paid Jobkeeper, and business boomed. Not a nice time when you are the only one turning up for your shift, and expected to run the entire show and serve every single customer to come in that day (sometimes hundreds during Covid). The kicker? Management wouldn't address the issue. I have met some managers over the years who would not last a month in any other company with the disrespect and incompetence on display.The company many years ago was amazing. The new culture is terrible. At the end of my time there, all I had to show was a lot of stress and no reward.

Pros

Met some lifelong friends, moving on, salaries aren't bad.

Cons

Finger pointing, uncaring, lying and generally selfish management types (not all), too many managers and not enough regular staff, no discipline enforced amongst any staff members, those who suck up get promoted, whilst hardworking staff get used and abused, casuals have no guarantee of hours, gossip.

Scratch the surface - a truly awful environment

I worked in a management role at H/O in Brisbane. I had been quietly warned about coming across by a couple of employees already there but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. Took about 5 mins to figure out a tiny group of long-term males with retail and workplace philosophies stuck in the 90s ran the show. Bullying but also excruciating misogyny permeated every interaction. In terms of bonuses I joined on the expectation the bonuses would compensate for the salary drop. After commencing my hiring manager laughed and said “we haven’t had bonuses in a decade!” There are 3 types of people at H/O: those who drink the Kool-Aid, those who don’t but smile while living in abject fear of job loss and those who serve the Kool Aid. Amart treats it suppliers with contempt while demanding continual handouts to prop up what is a slow retailer’s death. In any circumstance do NOT confide in HR or even your own manager. Just look elsewhere. Plenty of ex-Amart Staff that would attest to what has to be among the worst corporate cultures in Australian business masked by a sickening virtue signalling charity minded facade. My role is obscured to limit my identity but I hope the parent company soon wake up to the incompetency at the top of the tree.

Hard work with little pay off

I worked here for a short time and during my time I felt as though you were never really valued. The team members were all so competitive and would take sales to get a higher commission

Pros

Long break

Cons

Overly competitive

Great team to work with, management can be hard to please

Work like a dog, no thanks, recognition or appreciation by Store manager. Goal posts keep being moved, what works one day may not work the next. Not clear on instructions a lot of the time. Management DO have favourites.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Store management can be hard to please

False promises

You’ll be promised bonuses, Christmas parties, social activities, commissions... etc. however, these are false promises. If you are shy or aren’t very competitive, this job is not for you. They are money hungry and push you for your KPIs. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Everything else

productive fun place

productive good place to work ipads are used to make sales on the floor easy, you will need to be able to lift furniture as they do move monthly and has a social club with regular events

Pros

great team

It is not a good time to work for this company .

Poor management at all levels , especially the area manager who loves the sound of his own voice . He is well known for completely changing operating rules at a moments notice and believes that he can sell anything in fact he will even tell you that when you start working for Amart, I certainly would not buy anything from him and almost everyone who works for Amart including other store managers think that he is a joke. This company has a culture of micro management of the professional sales staff . They love to blame poor sales performance on their employees even when their sales are well above the average in comparison stores . It is not a good time to work for this company .

Pros

Close to the Beach .

Cons

This company has a culture of micro management

A professional and fun workplace

Always busy and in constant communication with internal and external stakeholders. Enjoy learning as you go and improving job efficiency. While management are mosty approachable they lack time to truly support or listen. The work envirnonment/office is flexible, professional and modern. Managing workload and stress is the hardest part of the job. Workplace culture is friendly and we had some fun staff events.

Pros

Working with alot of good people.

Cons

Valuing employees is only a pretense.

Great Company to be a part of

Awesome company to be a part of. The atmosphere is great, team members are good value and the work is great. Customers are friendly most of the time and are a pleasure to serve.

Use to be a good place to work but now it has changed. All managers expect too much and think Amart is life when infact Amart is not life.

Needs to be more friendly and meetings need to be had within all staff. We are not treated 100% and if you are sick it's like no one believes you. They make you work alone in the office when it's impossible to do so all because of "budgets"

Pros

RDO every month that's about it

Cons

Expect way to much from all team memebers even when sick

be prepared for boredom

Management roles require very little skill and become boring quite quickly. Very limited progression opportunities. Sales team are pleasant and easy to manage.

Pros

reasonable salary, office hours, discounts

Cons

not challenging, very poor IT systems, monotonous daily activity, poor company culture despite vision/values statements.

each day is different

working in the office team is fun and the whole team likes to have a laugh each day. there's so many different personalities in the team that make it fun. i was studying at uni while working here, and it was a great job for a full time student

Pros

great team environment

Cons

inconsistent hours sometimes

Management was terrible

Not a pleasant place to work most days. Management was un-supportive and did not set good examples ie walked around the store on mobiles on personal calls.

Amart Mentone

Amart Mentone was an absoloutly AMAZING store to work for, great staff and management team! always looked out for all of us and had our best interest at heart, loved every minute of working there

customer service based

answering phone calls, dealing with customers, learnt alot about finance. harders part of the job is being yelled at by angry customers, most enjoyable is the atmosphere

Pros

discounts

Cons

regional manager

Unprofessional workplace

The management team are corrupt and you have to pick who you can trust. I was bullied by a manager, however when I had approached another manager about the situation it was NOT kept confidential. The initial manager continued being passive aggressive (they were doing the rosters during the time and deliberately assigned me with NO hours) and I had to leave as a result of the unprofessional conduct by the management team. The only thing that had kept me going were the friendly sales team, however, the industry was extremely competitive and all about money instead of the people. Personally, I was more stressed about the difficult coworkers rather than customers. Overall, the workplace environment was poor in the management team as they have no idea what they're doing half of the time.

Pros

Sales coworkers

Cons

Productive, enjoyable environment to work in

Never a dull day, product knowledge evenings are a lot of fun. The management are very helpful and help in every way to make your job enviroment a great place to work in. The hardest part of the job I would have to say in the lifting of heavy furniture, but then having trolleys help immensely.

Pros

Great discounts

Cons

Very early morning starts

Fun, easy going fast paced environtment

I enjoyed my time at Amart my manager was fun and fair and I enjoyed working with my colleague's Each day was different and there was opportunity to develop or relocate

Pros

Cons

Not always enough hours

A lot of employees were hostile toward management and fellow workers

A typical day at work consisted of picking orders for Super A-mart stores. The warehouse was disorganised and overstocked from over ordering.There were a lot of employees under the influence of illicit drugs every day, creating an atmosphere of overt hostility. I didn't like it. (Hence my eventual resignation). The hardest part of the job was trying to find the actual products, as they were hardly ever in the correct locations. The safety aspect side of things was non-existent. Employees were constantly flouting safety rules(standing on tines etc.) The most enjoyable part of the job was going home at the end of my shift.

Pros

Working afternoon shift

Cons

Management not acting upon drug culture

Productive, fun work place & good people

Picking and packing stock. Despatching. Loading & unloading trucks and containers. Learning the in's & out's of the business. Culture is great. Management very understandable and would not ask of anything that they would not do themselves. Hardest part of the job for me was tolerating lazy people. Which created more work for everyone else. The best part of the job was the good people that I met & that made work enjoyable. Overall, a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture