Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Job Security & Advancement reviews

Australia121 reviews

Clear
3.0Work–Life Balance
2.7Job Security & Advancement

Not reliable for constant hours

While the people were great to work with. The constant need to put your own time into learning the product wasn't beneficial. Management were good for the most part but some lacked skills to do their job. The hours were up and down which was not what I was told at the interview. The constant battling for sales was also an issue.

Pros

Discount.

Cons

fluctuating hours.

Productive place to work

Excellent company to work for. Always room for career advncement. Excellent sales incentives and bonuses. Pay rates are above award due to 7 day trading.

Pros

sales incentives

Cons

downturn

Fun people to work with

I enjoyed my time at amart, I left due to having my second child and once I got further along in my pregnancy my boss at the time was not to compassionate about my leave or me anymore so I didn't return.

Pros

Commission

Not the best environment to work at.

Was okay when working at other stores but the Amart in Penrith was not a good place to work at as the management there was completey terrible. They wouldn't look out for their team and would blame everyone else for their mistakes. Amart Furniture as a whole is and okay business but the Penrith store is a no go.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

No Job Security

A company that won’t be around much longer

Don’t even know where to start. Quality of furniture breaks while trying to assemble it, managers have no idea what they are doing and are rude. You don’t know who to trust in this company, and the ones you can trust and that will help you out get fired anyway. Have seen 4 store managers go in and out of employment in the short year I’ve been at this store. The commission scheme is also rubbish ensuring that with the sales that they run weekly you’re left selling heaps but with nothing to show for it but maybe a pat on the back for meeting your super unrealistic targets. Targets which rely on customers walking into the store which doesn’t happen. Would not recommend to anyone. Not an enjoyable job to have with literally no career path to be had.

Pros

Management system more entertaining than a circus

Waste of time

I don’t care how desperate anyone could be for a job, Amart Furniture does not give two hoots about its employees. We are just another number to them. There is absolutely no job advancement, casual hours are constantly being cut with some causals on a max of 15 hrs (still being cut on a weekly basis), management are super unsupportive and you will find yourself doing everything whilst they sit on their phones doing absolutely nothing. Although some of the people you meet at work are fantastic, there is blantant favouritism. Management let their favourites get away with doing the bar minimum whilst leaving others to pick up the slack. No matter how hard you work you will recieve no praise and this eventually becomes very disheartening. Amart does not care about its employees, they are more concerned with making money and making the company seem more profitable to sell it off. This has become more prevelent in recent years with constant redundancies being offered without warning. Don’t bother applying unless you are just looking for a casual position with limited hours.

Pros

Some of the fellow friendly staff

Cons

Broken promises, no career progression, terrible management etc

Worst Employer

They expect thing done before they have asked. Management has no idea. You will be fired for the smallest infractions. Everyone is casual, don't expect to advance unless you suck up.

Pros

Cons

Management has no clue

unique but fun

while i was there for a number of years under different managers and different roles, i enjoyed my time, we were always busy and learning something new.

don't be fooled

Don't take care of their staff, they have a high turn over rate. I was there for awhile and new management came in and got rid of all loyal staff to put in staff they worked with in other jobs ( their friends ). They don't employ Full time or part time anymore only casual... and if a friend of management needs a job I know for a fact that you will not be fired you just will never get hours again and they will put their friend in your position. NO STABILITY

fun work place

great company to work for unfortunately my position was made redundant i learned right from the start from sales to management to inventory control most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my team succeed

Fun, easy going fast paced environtment

I enjoyed my time at Amart my manager was fun and fair and I enjoyed working with my colleague's Each day was different and there was opportunity to develop or relocate

Pros

Cons

Not always enough hours

Welcoming and Encouraging Team Environment

Overall the company is a great place to work. The team are generally friendly and helpful. The targets are firm but achievable and it is a great place if you are looking for advancement in the workplace.

Pros

Commission Targets, Sales Targets and Team Environment

Cons

Hours Available

Enjoyed helping setup the Bankstown store

Hard work but great people. Great benefits. What I learned was some more aspects of sales The hardest part of the job was the long hours The best part was when the store officially opened and being involved in the doorbuster promotions.

Productive and Enjoyable

Great company to work for, workplace culture fantastic. The people I worked with ranged from young to old, the work can be physically demanding when staff not replaced,

Pros

Free Barbeques

Cons

Physical work

Great people and work.

I worked as a casual in dispatch for 6 months and really enjoy the camaraderie with my fellow workers and the physical work. If you don't like physical work its probably not for you. I think of it as gym and getting paid for it. Its not full on all the time and I got to do customer pick ups as part of the job which is enjoyable as customers are excited to get their product. Money is on par with other stores jobs and working Saturdays and Sundays pay really good. The management is hard but very fair as long as you do your job as expected no problems. The days goes really quick when its busy. Lost of variety building furniture, loading trucks, putting product away that comes in on pallets, helping customers. There seems to be plenty of advancement for people that want to climb the ladder in due course.

Pros

Great people, Management gives credit when its due.Freindly place to work.

Cons

If you cant hack a bit of hard work now and then you wont like it.

Fun Place to work

Great place with plenty of opportunity for advancement....The work environment was very family friendly with rotating Thursday night and weekends. The hardest part was the morning clean.

high stress lack of communication workplace

worked with them for 12 months got offered a transfer as i was moving interstate and rejected it best decission of my life yet. certain upper staff decide they dont like someone and make their life very hard to enjoy work

Pros

discounted broken furniture

Cons

everything

I thouroughly enjoyed my time working at superm amart. The staff and management were easy to work with which in turn created a great work atmospher

At Super Amart, I acquired a vast range of new experience to add to my already extensive retail\sales customer service background. I enjoyed the work atmosphere which in turn gave me an excellent work ethic.

Pros

Staff\ management, perks including discounted furntiture

Cons

nil

Very disfunctional to work in

i had to learn how to train myself....noone had the right attitude and when you did find an employee that was good they were moved or left.

Pros

good hours

Cons

no training

okay

A lot of typical back stabbing between office and sales. A lot of arguments with customers due to the bad products and high return of products. Good career advancement

Management sucks

I was satisfied with the sales role in Super Amart and achieved top sales in the country, I applied for a better position internally and management decided to move me to the store where i have to start from scratch and will be behind in sales. Management is full of people promoted from despatch, with no relevant experience.

Cons

Promotion is base on whom you know instead of what you know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?