Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Management reviews

Australia121 reviews

Clear
3.0Work–Life Balance

Not reliable for constant hours

While the people were great to work with. The constant need to put your own time into learning the product wasn't beneficial. Management were good for the most part but some lacked skills to do their job. The hours were up and down which was not what I was told at the interview. The constant battling for sales was also an issue.

Pros

Discount.

Cons

fluctuating hours.

Some amazing people, but the gossip and general incompetence amongst management is something else.

Met some amazing people over the years in all roles who have become lifelong friends and will help each other out as best we can, but the gossip, favouritism, one-upping, blatant disrespect and general incompetence amongst managers, both at store level and head office is unreal. Working through Covid in the warehouse was a nightmare. No staff turning up for shifts as they were getting paid Jobkeeper, and business boomed. Not a nice time when you are the only one turning up for your shift, and expected to run the entire show and serve every single customer to come in that day (sometimes hundreds during Covid). The kicker? Management wouldn't address the issue. I have met some managers over the years who would not last a month in any other company with the disrespect and incompetence on display.The company many years ago was amazing. The new culture is terrible. At the end of my time there, all I had to show was a lot of stress and no reward.

Pros

Met some lifelong friends, moving on, salaries aren't bad.

Cons

Finger pointing, uncaring, lying and generally selfish management types (not all), too many managers and not enough regular staff, no discipline enforced amongst any staff members, those who suck up get promoted, whilst hardworking staff get used and abused, casuals have no guarantee of hours, gossip.

Not a nice place to work at

I had to watch my back a lot even though i was good at my job, higher management made it a unpleasant work environment, very hard to have meaningful work when most staff at stores are employed only as casuals

Pros

Great commissions

Cons

Unpleasant environment

Great people

Great people to work with, processes and management were the difficult parts, high expectations were set with no progression or reward. Hard to have a lunch

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours big expectations

Poor culture

If you like being treated like your in a prison yard then this place is for you,nothing but negativity from management & constant scrutiny,staff input is ignored

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Long periods on your feet

Productive and Fun with the right management

It is a fun work environment when you have the right management team. They ensure you are physically and mentally good and always try and help you whenever they can. They work the roster around your availability and do not force or push you to work when you are not available.

Pros

Amazing managers

Cons

Too many changes within the company

Nice bunch of people to work with

Decent company to work for, management was fairly easy going and adaptable. Training was good, always someone to help when needed. I was doing the admin side, complicated system that became repetitive.

Pros

Always received plenty of hours

Cons

Casual work, weekends involved

Great People to work with but not so great Management

With changing management and ultimately changing the process that was previously working. They have shot themself in the foot! I had an opportunity to work at brand new DC but the new management was shocking when once successful now-bankrupt become DC manager that explains a lot.

Pros

New everything and great people to work with

Cons

Heavy and repetitive lifting and constant changes by management

Friendly staff but has management buddy system

Do not look after long term employees. It is all about what dollars can be made. There was definitely a management buddy system where I worked and no office ,sales or despatch staff had any chance of getting management jobs

Pros

employee discounts

Cons

buddy system

Your treated as a number not a part of a team

I worked there for 11 years in management. In that time I watched how the staff were treated. If regional management didn't like you, you were gone. In store, managers were good and encouraging to most staff. Not the friendliness place to work though. They expect crazy targets and expectations are ludicrous. I quit after having a mental breakdown, due to the treatment of a regional manger

Good

It is a good job with a good pay and benefits. It is a good company to work for and they take good care of their employees. Management is good. Work environment is good.

Company worried more about budget than safety

Amart Furniture used to be a good company to work for, now it's changed for the worse. Work safe would have a field day at how unsafe it is as they only have 1 person working in despatch to save costs

Pros

Some uniform supplied

Cons

Upper management

Wouldn't reccomend

They don't care.. Horrible environment.. Store level and higher do not care. only good thing is some of people at same level and discounts on products.

Super amart

Work environment was relaxed all staff was friendly and easy to get on with. Management are willing to help with progressing in the company and encourage you to do so.

Scratch the surface - a truly awful environment

I worked in a management role at H/O in Brisbane. I had been quietly warned about coming across by a couple of employees already there but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. Took about 5 mins to figure out a tiny group of long-term males with retail and workplace philosophies stuck in the 90s ran the show. Bullying but also excruciating misogyny permeated every interaction. In terms of bonuses I joined on the expectation the bonuses would compensate for the salary drop. After commencing my hiring manager laughed and said “we haven’t had bonuses in a decade!” There are 3 types of people at H/O: those who drink the Kool-Aid, those who don’t but smile while living in abject fear of job loss and those who serve the Kool Aid. Amart treats it suppliers with contempt while demanding continual handouts to prop up what is a slow retailer’s death. In any circumstance do NOT confide in HR or even your own manager. Just look elsewhere. Plenty of ex-Amart Staff that would attest to what has to be among the worst corporate cultures in Australian business masked by a sickening virtue signalling charity minded facade. My role is obscured to limit my identity but I hope the parent company soon wake up to the incompetency at the top of the tree.

good place to work

My day would include toolbox meetings , order picking for customer orders stock picking for store orders.Along with putting away stock and replenishing racking. High staff and management turnover.

Dont bother

Not a good place to work treat their staff like cattle.don't care how you have to live they don't want to sack you they like to hold you in limbo give you very little hours so you have to quit

Not the best environment to work at.

Was okay when working at other stores but the Amart in Penrith was not a good place to work at as the management there was completey terrible. They wouldn't look out for their team and would blame everyone else for their mistakes. Amart Furniture as a whole is and okay business but the Penrith store is a no go.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

No Job Security

A company that won’t be around much longer

Don’t even know where to start. Quality of furniture breaks while trying to assemble it, managers have no idea what they are doing and are rude. You don’t know who to trust in this company, and the ones you can trust and that will help you out get fired anyway. Have seen 4 store managers go in and out of employment in the short year I’ve been at this store. The commission scheme is also rubbish ensuring that with the sales that they run weekly you’re left selling heaps but with nothing to show for it but maybe a pat on the back for meeting your super unrealistic targets. Targets which rely on customers walking into the store which doesn’t happen. Would not recommend to anyone. Not an enjoyable job to have with literally no career path to be had.

Pros

Management system more entertaining than a circus

You will go in circles

This workplace was the worst I have ever worked in 20 yrs of retail, all female management with sexism towards male staff members in the form of bullying, humiliation and discrimination a sort of girl power attitude rather than team work store building etc It’s suck up, be my pet or get out Using a bit of reverse psychology was so easy come opening day getting out of cooking on the Bbq (wink wink) Managers are not interested in growing the store, only their own ego and pride (it’s Amart? the worst furniture in Australia) I was a top salesman there, sales were a breeze yet managers would not stop trying to catch me out in my words, trying to exaggerate words or blow things up obviously they were so bored they needed this drama for sick entertainment to fill their day as there are no customers What you are in trouble for or “rules” working at Amart Furniture (amusing) Do not lean against anything Do not walk with your arms behind your back If you Leave an empty box somewhere you will be called on your mobile by the manager on your way home about it? Never show initiative it will be seen as an insult to management who didn’t think of it Every time you start and end your shift you’ll be playing the “manager ignoring me on purpose game” as they have to sign you on and off this iPad you use for sales Your day will be filled much like mine literally walking in circles fixing the same cushions 8 hours a day 5 days a week until your insane, competing for sales even with the actual management who also have targets? Managers at this store will not hire or look -

Pros

Laughing at the quality of furniture

Cons

Ridiculous beige pants

Great team to work with, management can be hard to please

Work like a dog, no thanks, recognition or appreciation by Store manager. Goal posts keep being moved, what works one day may not work the next. Not clear on instructions a lot of the time. Management DO have favourites.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Store management can be hard to please

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?