Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Work–Life Balance
3.0Pay & Benefits

Nice bunch of people to work with

Decent company to work for, management was fairly easy going and adaptable. Training was good, always someone to help when needed. I was doing the admin side, complicated system that became repetitive.

Pros

Always received plenty of hours

Cons

Casual work, weekends involved

Very productive and a fun place to work

To be completely honest everyone's opinion will be different, but i had alot of fun working for Amart, i got to meet and greet different people in different areas, my time at Amart furniture was good.

Pros

Traning is free so is traveling

Cons

Narrow stairways and rude clinets

Good

It is a good job with a good pay and benefits. It is a good company to work for and they take good care of their employees. Management is good. Work environment is good.

Depends on every individual store's management

A job with relatively good pay, and has been a great experience working at Amart. However, the fun and excitement may vary depending on who is your current manager, but most of the time it is enjoyable. However, at times you will feel pressured in hitting target sales, even at low peak hours.

Scratch the surface - a truly awful environment

I worked in a management role at H/O in Brisbane. I had been quietly warned about coming across by a couple of employees already there but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. Took about 5 mins to figure out a tiny group of long-term males with retail and workplace philosophies stuck in the 90s ran the show. Bullying but also excruciating misogyny permeated every interaction. In terms of bonuses I joined on the expectation the bonuses would compensate for the salary drop. After commencing my hiring manager laughed and said “we haven’t had bonuses in a decade!” There are 3 types of people at H/O: those who drink the Kool-Aid, those who don’t but smile while living in abject fear of job loss and those who serve the Kool Aid. Amart treats it suppliers with contempt while demanding continual handouts to prop up what is a slow retailer’s death. In any circumstance do NOT confide in HR or even your own manager. Just look elsewhere. Plenty of ex-Amart Staff that would attest to what has to be among the worst corporate cultures in Australian business masked by a sickening virtue signalling charity minded facade. My role is obscured to limit my identity but I hope the parent company soon wake up to the incompetency at the top of the tree.

Bullies that sell cheap, nasty Chinese and Vietnamese made Furniture.

In my 11 months delivering Amarts Furniture I never once had a Meal brake. Ever only received attention from the Manager when a customer complaints and never once about what measures and kind consideration towards customers rising from Promises told by the Furniture Sales staff. No Training. I was just another piece of Meat to be used for the Benefits of the Retailer.

Mmmmm

No quarms with the job and work load unhappy customers hard to deal with staff calling in sick drawing more hours on mananagement.staff uncapeable of finding stock themselvs .

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

The work load with less staff

Hard work with little pay off

I worked here for a short time and during my time I felt as though you were never really valued. The team members were all so competitive and would take sales to get a higher commission

Pros

Long break

Cons

Overly competitive

alot of fun and a overall good experience

extremely productive and quite some fun at times.i have learned to enjoy the work i have done. The workplace was a communicative team inspiring experience.

Pros

extremely active, free drinks, great associates, long hours and althroughout the week

Cons

driving to distance places

False promises

You’ll be promised bonuses, Christmas parties, social activities, commissions... etc. however, these are false promises. If you are shy or aren’t very competitive, this job is not for you. They are money hungry and push you for your KPIs. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Everything else

Waste of time

I don’t care how desperate anyone could be for a job, Amart Furniture does not give two hoots about its employees. We are just another number to them. There is absolutely no job advancement, casual hours are constantly being cut with some causals on a max of 15 hrs (still being cut on a weekly basis), management are super unsupportive and you will find yourself doing everything whilst they sit on their phones doing absolutely nothing. Although some of the people you meet at work are fantastic, there is blantant favouritism. Management let their favourites get away with doing the bar minimum whilst leaving others to pick up the slack. No matter how hard you work you will recieve no praise and this eventually becomes very disheartening. Amart does not care about its employees, they are more concerned with making money and making the company seem more profitable to sell it off. This has become more prevelent in recent years with constant redundancies being offered without warning. Don’t bother applying unless you are just looking for a casual position with limited hours.

Pros

Some of the fellow friendly staff

Cons

Broken promises, no career progression, terrible management etc

fun work place with funloving amazing staff

the fun loving and good staff specially the manager mr donald he is just amazing man .. thanks sir and secondly mis danialla the women with great minds who always there to help

Pros

free snacks

Enjoyable workplace

Working as a casual means you have high sales targets which are often unreachable however management is fairly relaxed about it. I have learned to utilise different methods to help progress a sale. Hardest part is staying positive when sales aren't going your way. Making people happy with their purchases.

Pros

Decent pay on weekends

Cons

poor hours for casuals.

be prepared for boredom

Management roles require very little skill and become boring quite quickly. Very limited progression opportunities. Sales team are pleasant and easy to manage.

Pros

reasonable salary, office hours, discounts

Cons

not challenging, very poor IT systems, monotonous daily activity, poor company culture despite vision/values statements.

Great salary, leaves a lot to be desired for work life balance

Working hours regularly more than time spent at home, expectations that managers start an hour and a half before their rostered times and finishing at least half an hour after rostered finish times. Care given to team in regards to family/work balance is minimal. Great benefits in salary and commission, upper management are generally hard to deal with. Company is set in it's ways.

Pros

Salary above regular expected retail wages

Cons

Hours worked for management are borderline/illegal, no compensatio or TIL paid for extra hours worked

Fairly easy going most of the time

pros: good pay ratepros: easy work not to hardpros: generally nice people you can relate topros: people get an opportunity to be promotedpros: they tend to give you flexibility managers tend to make sure you are getting shifts

Enjoyed helping setup the Bankstown store

Hard work but great people. Great benefits. What I learned was some more aspects of sales The hardest part of the job was the long hours The best part was when the store officially opened and being involved in the doorbuster promotions.

Wants causal workers and not full-time

If they stop cutting casual hours and give more hours or create more full-time positions. I would be happy if they give me more hours or make me full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture