Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia121 reviews

Clear
3.0Work–Life Balance
3.0Pay & Benefits

Great people

Great people to work with, processes and management were the difficult parts, high expectations were set with no progression or reward. Hard to have a lunch

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours big expectations

No proper training provided

I worked for Amart for approximately 6 months. During that time I was given about 2 or 3 four hour shifts a week to start with. Then I had 1 four hour shift per week. I do not consider that sufficient training considering the very complicated systems they used. Most people were friendly and helpful but the General Manager spoke down to everyone as if they were stupid.

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Serious lack of training

Extremely stressful. Great for people who care more about making money than human beings.

Great for people who have the gift of of the gab, can be very persuasive and manipulative to get their own way to make the big bucks and have a photographic memory. Not good for people who don't remember things easily, takes awhile to learn things and generally care about their customers.

Pros

Some nice helpful employees. Lovely customers.

Cons

Very demanding, stressful & unrealistic expectations.

Good timesn

We were a really nice team. Made some great life long friends here. It was challenging but we all did it united and conquered the day and weeks ahead. It is a shame that they don’t offer full time basis. Would help the staff.

alot of fun and a overall good experience

extremely productive and quite some fun at times.i have learned to enjoy the work i have done. The workplace was a communicative team inspiring experience.

Pros

extremely active, free drinks, great associates, long hours and althroughout the week

Cons

driving to distance places

productive fun place

productive good place to work ipads are used to make sales on the floor easy, you will need to be able to lift furniture as they do move monthly and has a social club with regular events

Pros

great team

Supporting work environment

I felt supported while working through problem solving as well as day to day tasks. It has taught me to be more confident in my approach to working hard.

Pros

Regular social events

Cons

Great team learnt alot great people to work with

Every time I walk into work to start my shift I feel happy and everyone is always in a good mood and are happy to see you. We have a great team in the office we are like a little Family.

fun work place with funloving amazing staff

the fun loving and good staff specially the manager mr donald he is just amazing man .. thanks sir and secondly mis danialla the women with great minds who always there to help

Pros

free snacks

be prepared for boredom

Management roles require very little skill and become boring quite quickly. Very limited progression opportunities. Sales team are pleasant and easy to manage.

Pros

reasonable salary, office hours, discounts

Cons

not challenging, very poor IT systems, monotonous daily activity, poor company culture despite vision/values statements.

Great place to work!

Working at Amart means that every single day is fast paced, challenging and fun! I love being surrounded by people who constantly want to try new ideas and are open to feedback. I'm challenged to think outside of the box and to always be thinking about my team and our customers. Things happen quickly at Amart - so you have to love change and be open to new things. Everyone I've met in the business is so passionate about their role and the company, and it makes me so proud to wake up and come to work each day.

Pros

Discount on products

Great salary, leaves a lot to be desired for work life balance

Working hours regularly more than time spent at home, expectations that managers start an hour and a half before their rostered times and finishing at least half an hour after rostered finish times. Care given to team in regards to family/work balance is minimal. Great benefits in salary and commission, upper management are generally hard to deal with. Company is set in it's ways.

Pros

Salary above regular expected retail wages

Cons

Hours worked for management are borderline/illegal, no compensatio or TIL paid for extra hours worked

Overall it's a good place to work

At times you feel like banging your head against a wall with the work load but knowing management are behind you and staff will help when they can, you know you make it through the day.

Fairly easy going most of the time

pros: good pay ratepros: easy work not to hardpros: generally nice people you can relate topros: people get an opportunity to be promotedpros: they tend to give you flexibility managers tend to make sure you are getting shifts

Enjoyed helping setup the Bankstown store

Hard work but great people. Great benefits. What I learned was some more aspects of sales The hardest part of the job was the long hours The best part was when the store officially opened and being involved in the doorbuster promotions.

Production

Was ok but need work at management level so that the employees were more aware of the work needed to be done. Needed work with single mums not being able to work every weekend.

Fun Place to work

Great place with plenty of opportunity for advancement....The work environment was very family friendly with rotating Thursday night and weekends. The hardest part was the morning clean.

Great Bunch of people to work with

Super Amart is a great place to work, the people become like family. Great management. The only thing I found was there was no work/life balance you work 7 days on with 2 of.

Managed by people who have no idea how to manage, no qualificatons.

I dont recommend working there as managers have no idea how to manage people. The rules change depending on who you are. No one is completely happy working in the stores as the Regional Manager is a complete bi polar split personality phsyco path.

high stress lack of communication workplace

worked with them for 12 months got offered a transfer as i was moving interstate and rejected it best decission of my life yet. certain upper staff decide they dont like someone and make their life very hard to enjoy work

Pros

discounted broken furniture

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture
  • Work–Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?