Amazon.com
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
very organised work place
well organised work place ,good team work, good supervision, very good safety in place, good communication, good working hours, good management, people help each other , easy to learn the jobs offered. we learned how to do safe job communicating with others team work safe working , obeying instructions and applying
Nice working env
It was great working with Amazon. Nice working environment. People there was very supportive. If again i get a chance to work there i will not hesitate.
Hard to do picking and use the scans
The trainer was rude and expects you to know what you're doing first day on-site before you even start need to do a 7 hour video which goes so fast and cuts out all time so stessful for when you're trying to understand how to pick expects you to be a 100 percent talks about you behind you're back to others and when you ask them why they are talking about you they say there not my advise is get full training before starting
Never work for Amazon
wont employee australians under the Amazon banner. Terrible, no work life balance, not truthful. I would never work for this company AGAIN as they don't care about you.
Feeling of isolation
Although Amazon is brand name, the work culture is definitely stressful and fast paced. You are on your own to figure out solution of a problem. No initial training and handover but thrown into the ocean of their internal wiki. No set process or standard and everything is so scattered that you will feel almost lost. Money wise also they don't pay as per their interview level. There are certain benefits like work from home, onsite TT, fruits and beer tap but on personal life it is stress ful.
The customer service
I have a good amount of years in customer service,I love making my customers happy knowing they will be coming back for service I never leave a job udone
Highly stressful workplace. Prepare to have no life outside of work.
Typical day at work and what I learned:
Depends on where you are trained in. Outbound is super stressful due to the need to hit CPT where the KPI rate targets are grossly unrealistic for the training they provide. We are taught to follow strict guidelines (quality/standard work tips) for us to do our job correctly and ensure quality which is fine on its own, but there is no way you hit the rate target while following these guidelines. Their rebuttal is that "other people are hitting rate so why can't you" which makes no sense because people that hit rate don't follow the standard work guidelines. Either lower the rate target or revise these standard work tips.

Inbound is comparatively less stressful.

Management:

Depends highly on your PA/AM. The outbound AM for the FC i worked at is awful. Cannot handle pressure and resorts to taking his stress out on everyone else. Constantly micromanaging and urging everyone to hurry up which doesn't make anyone work faster; just makes everyone panic and make more mistakes. Negative reinforcement. Contradictory statements (he will urge everyone to follow standard work guidelines but then when he helps out at rebin/totewrangle he would skip those guidelines in order to go faster).

The management team as a whole needs to work on being on the same page. One PA may tell you one thing, then another PA will call you out for doing it.

Workplace Culture:

Strange cult-like culture that is particularly more evident in outbound than inbound. Very strange tendency for some managers to recite Amazon core values more often than not and very
 - more...
It was great working in Amazon
Everything was great.  Main duties were to pick and scan the items and drop them on the conveyor belt. And pay rate was also great. And during Christmas.
Work was good. Breaks weren't long enough for the long days
I enjoyed my time here.
The work was easy.

Shifts were usually changed a couple of days prior by Agency to longer hours.

Became unwell 3 weeks into employment, had a Medical Certificate yet Agency removed all shifts.
A commendable platform to attain growth and success together with driving optimal outcomes that benefits one's passion.
Amazon is a good platfrom to develope phemominal time management skills, not only that but also is a great place to adapt local culture and learn more about it. This space gives an opportunity to develop strong organisational, problem-solving & time-management skills with impeccable attention to detail.
Bringing smile on customer's face by giving awesome service to the users.
Work hard, create history and have fun is the amazon's work policy. Being part of amazon has given me marvellous experience as an employee by delivering the best to the customers.
Fun, diverse place to work.
They really train workers well and safety is a top priority at Amazon. One of the best places to work, the work culture is great and a zero tolerance for discrimination and bullying.They recognise an associate's need to upskill and help you progress.
Fun place to work
I never felt any kind of pressure working with this company.This company helped me to improve my working skills for supporting customers and we use to play volleyball sometimes
Pros
free food coupons
Cons
over time
fun and friendly
friendly work and place it is fast past work environment on feet all day walk alot hard work because you have rates that you must achieve get free lunch sometimes
Pros
free luch somtimes
Cons
on feet all day
Challenging work, culture has room to improve
It's exciting working for Amazon, and there is a great deal of autonomy. The difficulty, like any workplace is that there are a few bad eggs who don't live the culture that can make things difficult.
meh
felt like a prison you had to ask to go to the toilet and management was all over the place..\

.............................................
Not bad place to work
Not a bad place to work, however the shifts are long and the pay isn't the best. Managers can be unreasonable at times. The best thing about working here is the people you work with.
Worst company to work for
Amazon do not treat their business customers nicely and I was abused for telling business owners Amazon's policies about not paying the sellers but sellers must still ship item to customer.
Good place to work but limited shifts
healthy work environment with supporting seniors. good pay and employment security. But limited shifts available and not much work to do. Never work according to the given roster.
amazon.co.uk is an awesome online company.
amazon is a multinational company. i can proudly say, i worked in amazon for 15 months. that was a big experience in my life.