Amazon.com
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 78,319 reviews

Consistent work flow and highly organized

Clear job role duties, organized, and highly professionals.Safety is the number one priority in all aspects, and they do have periodic training and performance checks along with inductions and full guidance.

Pros

Full covered floor with all necessities

Cons

Double management "Recruiting company interference"

Terrible management and no work life balance at all

The management is horrible at the new mel5 been working there since September and they expect you to have no life outside of work when you tell them in advance that you can’t work certain days they get mad at you and roster you on those days then when you tell them you can’t work it they say when you applied for this job you said you were available all the time they expect you to work sometimes up to 50 hours a week and every weekend. They put so much pressure on you when your working there that you have to be really fast and if not to expected time you get in trouble. Your getting timed on the rf scanner and they expect you to get from one section to the next in 100 seconds even if you have to go from one side of the wearhouse to the next. Very demanding but the only thing I liked was the other employees that work around you

Pros

Nice employees

Cons

Stressful experience with no room for personal evolvement

It was a biased work environment where groups and circles are formed there. The good is the continuing work because of the demand during covid 19 tough times .

Pros

Clean

Management 0.

I have been working there since september as a casual and I can say that on multiple times the management lacked professionalism and were very rude in the way they treat employees. I worked two jobs both casuals, and I got a call this afternoon stating that it's against policy to have another job (even though this was my main job before lockdown) and just told me to resign. Not even a thank you for my job just a casual 'ciao'. I am still in shock at the management interaction with employees and the verbal abuse. I however enjoyed the other team members I was working with, PAs very kind and helpful. Just disappointed overall.

Pros

Good pay, good culture, nice employees

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, lack of verbal professionalism

Great managers great atmosphere to work in

They work as a team highly recommend it for job seekers , was quiet happy to get this job everyone is treated equally no stress at the work site what so ever

Pros

Free food at times

Cons

Not enough shifts

Good

Great job , just needs better management . They also need more supplies , there are often no scanners and we were left standing around . However they did offer to let us go home.

Competitive you need an excellent a 10 survey coming from your customer

Amazon is a good company in terms of salary benefits and working place. There are team leaders that are good motivators others are not but then its your decidion or how you will manage. High standard when it comes to safety and employees privileges. No 2 way fliw on the building, one way flow and just 2 persons on the elevator. Verygood equipments fast , no problem on the system, fast training all virtual.

Pros

Free meals on fridays and a week free lunch on special holidaysof Amazon

Cons

Needs to hit good surveys everyday

Fast paced. Other agency staff fun to work with

Was hired as a pick packer. Spent two days training then they throw you in and sink or swim. There are help buttons when you get stuck but they expect you to be perfect in the first week. Let me go after 4 days saying I was "not a good fit for the company"

Pros

Friendly and fun staff

Cons

Expect too much from you in a short time

great place and working environment

it felt like you have 2 different team in one department, the permanent staff and the casual staff. sometimes, the instruction given were not clear and KPi keep changing on daily basis. The storage are too pack with item and there not enough space when most of the item are not stored properly.

Poor management

Food extremely resists and selection for upper team is not fair. They hire for pick and packer roll but lot more to do and never fill like fair work. Don’t feel to provide permanent roll. Never get sick leave always casual.

Nice working env

It was great working with Amazon. Nice working environment. People there was very supportive. If again i get a chance to work there i will not hesitate.

Hard to do picking and use the scans

The trainer was rude and expects you to know what you're doing first day on-site before you even start need to do a 7 hour video which goes so fast and cuts out all time so stessful for when you're trying to understand how to pick expects you to be a 100 percent talks about you behind you're back to others and when you ask them why they are talking about you they say there not my advise is get full training before starting

Never work for Amazon

wont employee australians under the Amazon banner. Terrible, no work life balance, not truthful. I would never work for this company AGAIN as they don't care about you.

very organised work place

well organised work place ,good team work, good supervision, very good safety in place, good communication, good working hours, good management, people help each other , easy to learn the jobs offered. we learned how to do safe job communicating with others team work safe working , obeying instructions and applying

Feeling of isolation

Although Amazon is brand name, the work culture is definitely stressful and fast paced. You are on your own to figure out solution of a problem. No initial training and handover but thrown into the ocean of their internal wiki. No set process or standard and everything is so scattered that you will feel almost lost. Money wise also they don't pay as per their interview level. There are certain benefits like work from home, onsite TT, fruits and beer tap but on personal life it is stress ful.

The customer service

I have a good amount of years in customer service,I love making my customers happy knowing they will be coming back for service I never leave a job udone

Highly stressful workplace. Prepare to have no life outside of work.

Typical day at work and what I learned: Depends on where you are trained in. Outbound is super stressful due to the need to hit CPT where the KPI rate targets are grossly unrealistic for the training they provide. We are taught to follow strict guidelines (quality/standard work tips) for us to do our job correctly and ensure quality which is fine on its own, but there is no way you hit the rate target while following these guidelines. Their rebuttal is that "other people are hitting rate so why can't you" which makes no sense because people that hit rate don't follow the standard work guidelines. Either lower the rate target or revise these standard work tips. Inbound is comparatively less stressful. Management: Depends highly on your PA/AM. The outbound AM for the FC i worked at is awful. Cannot handle pressure and resorts to taking his stress out on everyone else. Constantly micromanaging and urging everyone to hurry up which doesn't make anyone work faster; just makes everyone panic and make more mistakes. Negative reinforcement. Contradictory statements (he will urge everyone to follow standard work guidelines but then when he helps out at rebin/totewrangle he would skip those guidelines in order to go faster). The management team as a whole needs to work on being on the same page. One PA may tell you one thing, then another PA will call you out for doing it. Workplace Culture: Strange cult-like culture that is particularly more evident in outbound than inbound. Very strange tendency for some managers to recite Amazon core values more often than not and very -

It was great working in Amazon

Everything was great.  Main duties were to pick and scan the items and drop them on the conveyor belt. And pay rate was also great. And during Christmas.

Work was good. Breaks weren't long enough for the long days

I enjoyed my time here. The work was easy. Shifts were usually changed a couple of days prior by Agency to longer hours. Became unwell 3 weeks into employment, had a Medical Certificate yet Agency removed all shifts.

A commendable platform to attain growth and success together with driving optimal outcomes that benefits one's passion.

Amazon is a good platfrom to develope phemominal time management skills, not only that but also is a great place to adapt local culture and learn more about it. This space gives an opportunity to develop strong organisational, problem-solving & time-management skills with impeccable attention to detail.

Bringing smile on customer's face by giving awesome service to the users.

Work hard, create history and have fun is the amazon's work policy. Being part of amazon has given me marvellous experience as an employee by delivering the best to the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

22.6K
20.3K
17.8K
8K
9.6K

• Amazon.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?