Amazon.com

Australia25 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 43,802 reviews

Very fast paced

It was a very fast paced working environment where staff members usually just kept to themselves. Minimal interaction is required with others. Standard shift time.

Only do it if you have no choice

You mainly just scan items that customers buy into shelves. sometimes it gets annoying when there's too many items because you are recorded on how many items you scan and you can only put as many as you can display for pickers.outbound is alright because there's constantly things to store and get ready for trucks.

Pros

set hours

Cons

long hours, unfulfilling work

Amazon.com insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

worth it

i ll do it again but it is a hard working environment

Fast paced, collaborative and fun place to work

Amazon is a great company to work for. From day one I have been given the opportunity to development my skills and have influence on such a large organisation. It is a fast paced environment but everyone collaborates and supports one another.

Long hours at work, as you are on your feet's 10 hours a day. By the end of the shift my feet's would be so sore.People are very friendly there. The hardest part of the job was making sure to stay on your feets.

Pros

The pay

Brutal, fair and rewarding

I needed a big push when I started as a L1 employee, promoted twice and now they're in talks of another promotion. It is a hard job, but management is nothing short of amazing, they want to develop and push you to new personal bests.

What is the best part of working at the company?Lot of workWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?PIP culture

Depends on the teams, emphasis on performance and metrics

My observation being in Proserve (professional services arm of AWS) , technical and domain specialist needs to be good at selling, negotiation, building trust with customers. Very limited time for deep, focused, technical work. A lot of calls like usual consulting role. Feel like a freelancer/entrepreneur, need to market own skills and work well to survive. Hard to find support within the team as everyone is in many projects and different projects. Uncoordinated, lack of structure.Emphasis of sales numbers, deals closed, customer satisfaction score, hours billed. Pressure to perform even through client pipeline is not within control. Great for people who likes to talk to customers, sell Amazon style of innovation. Not good for people who wants focused work - building, engineering, creating. People move in and out the team quickly. High transfer and turnover.

Pros

Grow your networking and communication skills, autonomy, work from home, interesting client work if there is pipeline, good for people who want to explore freelancing/entrepreneur, Good pay

Cons

Pressure to deliver, high attrition, ambiguity

Stressful experience with no room for personal evolvement

It was a biased work environment where groups and circles are formed there. The good is the continuing work because of the demand during covid 19 tough times .

Pros

Clean

Cons

Great managers great atmosphere to work in

They work as a team highly recommend it for job seekers , was quiet happy to get this job everyone is treated equally no stress at the work site what so ever

Pros

Free food at times

Cons

Not enough shifts

Competitive you need an excellent a 10 survey coming from your customer

Amazon is a good company in terms of salary benefits and working place. There are team leaders that are good motivators others are not but then its your decidion or how you will manage. High standard when it comes to safety and employees privileges. No 2 way fliw on the building, one way flow and just 2 persons on the elevator. Verygood equipments fast , no problem on the system, fast training all virtual.

Pros

Free meals on fridays and a week free lunch on special holidaysof Amazon

Cons

Needs to hit good surveys everyday

Fast paced. Other agency staff fun to work with

Was hired as a pick packer. Spent two days training then they throw you in and sink or swim. There are help buttons when you get stuck but they expect you to be perfect in the first week. Let me go after 4 days saying I was "not a good fit for the company"

Pros

Friendly and fun staff

Cons

Expect too much from you in a short time

great place and working environment

it felt like you have 2 different team in one department, the permanent staff and the casual staff. sometimes, the instruction given were not clear and KPi keep changing on daily basis. The storage are too pack with item and there not enough space when most of the item are not stored properly.

Poor management

Food extremely resists and selection for upper team is not fair. They hire for pick and packer roll but lot more to do and never fill like fair work. Don’t feel to provide permanent roll. Never get sick leave always casual.

Nice working env

It was great working with Amazon. Nice working environment. People there was very supportive. If again i get a chance to work there i will not hesitate.

Never work for Amazon

wont employee australians under the Amazon banner. Terrible, no work life balance, not truthful. I would never work for this company AGAIN as they don't care about you.

The customer service

I have a good amount of years in customer service,I love making my customers happy knowing they will be coming back for service I never leave a job udone

It was great working in Amazon

Everything was great.  Main duties were to pick and scan the items and drop them on the conveyor belt. And pay rate was also great. And during Christmas.

Work was good. Breaks weren't long enough for the long days

I enjoyed my time here. The work was easy. Shifts were usually changed a couple of days prior by Agency to longer hours. Became unwell 3 weeks into employment, had a Medical Certificate yet Agency removed all shifts.

A commendable platform to attain growth and success together with driving optimal outcomes that benefits one's passion.

Amazon is a good platfrom to develope phemominal time management skills, not only that but also is a great place to adapt local culture and learn more about it. This space gives an opportunity to develop strong organisational, problem-solving & time-management skills with impeccable attention to detail.

Fun place to work

I never felt any kind of pressure working with this company.This company helped me to improve my working skills for supporting customers and we use to play volleyball sometimes

Pros

free food coupons

Cons

over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Amazon.com with

Learn about Amazon.com in popular locations

• Amazon.com