Ambulance Victoria
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ambulance Victoria Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
Working with diverse group of project managers and administrators on fast paced leading edge process improvement projects in an exciting area of health services.
My position was through a contractor. The business was great Senior Management was great. Sadly my direct manager was in the wrong position and has since left. I would absolutely love to work with Ambulance Victoria again. They are a very dedicated organisation for both full time employees and volunteers
All departments that I worked in the staff were extremely supportive and friendly.
All Managers were very approachable.

Able to have a laugh to help boost moral when times where sometimes difficult
To survive long term in this career you must be dedicated & not just wanting the money. The shifts are long 10. 12 or 14hrs days & night shifts & clear lateral thinking is a necessity to successfully treat patients & stay safe
My dream career became a nightmare 4 months in. Inconsistency with assessment criteria from clInical instructors. A culture of bullying and gaslighting from senior management. I wouldn’t recommend this organisation to my worst enemy.
Great workplace
Staff are easy going and great people

Management team are very helpful

Staff are wonderfull

Friendly

Great environment to work in

Very understanding
I learned that project management governance is vital for the success of project managers but it is not just about templates it's about the people side roles and responsibilities, stakeholder management and managers must acknowledge and support the expertise of their employees.
The company has zero care for their employees or for their health or mental health. Management are bullies and at one stage I had to get the union involved as HR and management had no interest in what I was going thru.

The rosters are supposed to rotating but they never were. There was no culture and most people dislike the culture.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
not enough pay for extra hours worked
My short experience with Ambulance Victoria was positive. Casual, on call day to day basis in rural Victoria. As an ACO in a rural region, the jobs can prove challenging but very rewarding.
Pros
Casual
Cons
unpredictable hours
Provides a good introduction into my future career, exciting work, accepting company and safe employment, good opportunities to learn and expand my skills
This is a typical government organisation to work for. It offers secure ongoing positions with limited remuneration. Depending on the department (expertise) you offer, there are advancement opportunities and diverse projects to work on.
Was employed by ambulance Victoria to promote 4 steps for life program, liaising with the middle eastern community in Victoria and promoting ambulance Victoria services .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working from home
The only downside to Ambulance Victoria is its job security. It seemed they were always going through a restructure and a department was always hiring being made redundant.

No one had the opportunity to settle in their role and some colleagues felt like their department was the next to be made redundant.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
job security
Great place to work, team enviroment, working together to achieve our goals and set targets. We were always learning on the job and greatly rewarded for our efforts.
Pros
Very flexible with working hours and requesting of Annual leave
Working in the corporate division, there was a toxic working environment, where staff members get away with surfing on Facebook instead of productively working, workplace politics and gossip is rank and bullying behaviour from coworkers.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Corporate culture, Lack of professionalism
Have worked here for 15 years and work has become boring and monotonous. Looking for a change, preferably in the HR field.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lack of advancement/personal growth
I work in South Melbourne On a rotating shift roster start ranges from 0530 to 1000 all 10.5 hr days.. Responsible for crewing Ambulances across the State of Victoria.
I love my job as an ACO and get on well with my team members they are like my family a typical day on the job is very rewarding because you are helping someone who needs it
management are nice and friendly to and always there to help if it is needed

the hardest part of my job is not being able to save a life and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am doing something to help people when they need it
Pros
only get paid when the pager goes off
Cons
lot of volunteer hours on shift
Great flexibility but very little opportunity for advancement/opportunities for PT work. Management are bad communicators but co-workers in general are very friendly and great to work with. My job has become very monotonous and boring with little variety/stimulation. I don't like not being busy. I can't find anything to say about the most enjoyable part of my job which is sad, but the main reason why I am looking for a change.
Pros
Flexibility/family friendly employer
Cons
Lack of opportunity for PT/Administration positions