Ambulance Victoria Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC19 September 2018
The company has zero care for their employees or for their health or mental health. Management are bullies and at one stage I had to get the union involved as HR and management had no interest in what I was going thru.

The rosters are supposed to rotating but they never were. There was no culture and most people dislike the culture.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
not enough pay for extra hours worked
Close knit and family oriented
Ambulance community officer (ACO) (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC29 July 2018
My short experience with Ambulance Victoria was positive. Casual, on call day to day basis in rural Victoria. As an ACO in a rural region, the jobs can prove challenging but very rewarding.
Pros
Casual
Cons
unpredictable hours
Educational
Ambulance Community Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria13 December 2017
Provides a good introduction into my future career, exciting work, accepting company and safe employment, good opportunities to learn and expand my skills
very proactive
Multicultural advertising and promoting (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC21 August 2017
Was employed by ambulance Victoria to promote 4 steps for life program, liaising with the middle eastern community in Victoria and promoting ambulance Victoria services .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working from home
Excellent Culture and enjoyable to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC31 July 2017
The only downside to Ambulance Victoria is its job security. It seemed they were always going through a restructure and a department was always hiring being made redundant.

No one had the opportunity to settle in their role and some colleagues felt like their department was the next to be made redundant.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
job security
Respecting the Culture of A/V
Data Entry, Customer Service and Filing (Former Employee) –  Wendouree VIC29 March 2017
Great place to work, team enviroment, working together to achieve our goals and set targets. We were always learning on the job and greatly rewarded for our efforts.
Pros
Very flexible with working hours and requesting of Annual leave
Ambulance Victoria - Corporate - Letting down the Community and toxic corporate culture.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC6 February 2017
Working in the corporate division, there was a toxic working environment, where staff members get away with surfing on Facebook instead of productively working, workplace politics and gossip is rank and bullying behaviour from coworkers.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Corporate culture, Lack of professionalism
Great team to work with
Administration Support Officer/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, Vic4 July 2015
Have worked here for 15 years and work has become boring and monotonous. Looking for a change, preferably in the HR field.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lack of advancement/personal growth
Government Dept with broad range of skillsets
Resourcing Officer (Current Employee) –  South Melbourne22 March 2015
I work in South Melbourne On a rotating shift roster start ranges from 0530 to 1000 all 10.5 hr days.. Responsible for crewing Ambulances across the State of Victoria.
team work, communication and being profecional
Ambulance Community Officer Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Loch Sport, VIC29 October 2013
I love my job as an ACO and get on well with my team members they are like my family a typical day on the job is very rewarding because you are helping someone who needs it
management are nice and friendly to and always there to help if it is needed
the hardest part of my job is not being able to save a life and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am doing something to help people when they need it
Pros
only get paid when the pager goes off
Cons
lot of volunteer hours on shift
Flexible & Friendly Environment
Administrative Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Doncaster8 August 2013
Great flexibility but very little opportunity for advancement/opportunities for PT work. Management are bad communicators but co-workers in general are very friendly and great to work with. My job has become very monotonous and boring with little variety/stimulation. I don't like not being busy. I can't find anything to say about the most enjoyable part of my job which is sad, but the main reason why I am looking for a change.
Pros
Flexibility/family friendly employer
Cons
Lack of opportunity for PT/Administration positions