Ambulance Victoria
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ambulance Victoria Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Supportive and encouraging team members

Fantastic and supportive members within my department and at branch. Great people and conducive environment. Branch Team Managers are very approachable, professional and friendly.

Leading edge process improvement projects

Working with diverse group of project managers and administrators on fast paced leading edge process improvement projects in an exciting area of health services.

Great Workplace

My position was through a contractor. The business was great Senior Management was great. Sadly my direct manager was in the wrong position and has since left. I would absolutely love to work with Ambulance Victoria again. They are a very dedicated organisation for both full time employees and volunteers

Family friendly work environment.

All departments that I worked in the staff were extremely supportive and friendly. All Managers were very approachable. Able to have a laugh to help boost moral when times where sometimes difficult

Best career I ever had

To survive long term in this career you must be dedicated & not just wanting the money. The shifts are long 10. 12 or 14hrs days & night shifts & clear lateral thinking is a necessity to successfully treat patients & stay safe

A culture of bullying from Senior Managment

My dream career became a nightmare 4 months in. Inconsistency with assessment criteria from clInical instructors. A culture of bullying and gaslighting from senior management. I wouldn’t recommend this organisation to my worst enemy.

Great team environment

Great workplace Staff are easy going and great people Management team are very helpful Staff are wonderfull Friendly Great environment to work in Very understanding

Good location and office layout

Whilst my tenure was a short term contract, I thoroughly enjoyed the organisation's work ethics and culture. Staff were friendly and helpful. There were days when tasks assigned to me were challenging particularly when a timeline was attached to the completion. I was required to research other jurisdictions experience and seek their feedback using other models of operating systems. Contacting overseas stakeholders was challenging particularly when targeting the right division and area. At times I found the flow of communication between management and staff could have been improved in terms of keeping everyone informed of daily activities. It was a period of change both operational and management structures and I felt there was a lot going on. We had interim arrangements in place and the new Minister for Health had oversight of Ambulance Victoria due to some negative media Therefore stress levels were higher than optimal. All in all, I developed positive working relations with colleagues and admire the commitment and effort people demonstrated in their duties.

Pros

Proximity to home, carparking

Cons

Fantastic to work with a company so vital to the community.

I learned that project management governance is vital for the success of project managers but it is not just about templates it's about the people side roles and responsibilities, stakeholder management and managers must acknowledge and support the expertise of their employees.

Don't do it

The company has zero care for their employees or for their health or mental health. Management are bullies and at one stage I had to get the union involved as HR and management had no interest in what I was going thru. The rosters are supposed to rotating but they never were. There was no culture and most people dislike the culture.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

not enough pay for extra hours worked

Jobs at Ambulance Victoria

See more jobs

Close knit and family oriented

My short experience with Ambulance Victoria was positive. Casual, on call day to day basis in rural Victoria. As an ACO in a rural region, the jobs can prove challenging but very rewarding.

Pros

Casual

Cons

unpredictable hours

Educational

Provides a good introduction into my future career, exciting work, accepting company and safe employment, good opportunities to learn and expand my skills

Typical government organisation - secure

This is a typical government organisation to work for. It offers secure ongoing positions with limited remuneration. Depending on the department (expertise) you offer, there are advancement opportunities and diverse projects to work on.

very proactive

Was employed by ambulance Victoria to promote 4 steps for life program, liaising with the middle eastern community in Victoria and promoting ambulance Victoria services .

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Working from home

Excellent Culture and enjoyable to work for

The only downside to Ambulance Victoria is its job security. It seemed they were always going through a restructure and a department was always hiring being made redundant. No one had the opportunity to settle in their role and some colleagues felt like their department was the next to be made redundant.

Pros

Excellent culture

Cons

job security

Respecting the Culture of A/V

Great place to work, team enviroment, working together to achieve our goals and set targets. We were always learning on the job and greatly rewarded for our efforts.

Pros

Very flexible with working hours and requesting of Annual leave

Ambulance Victoria - Corporate - Letting down the Community and toxic corporate culture.

Working in the corporate division, there was a toxic working environment, where staff members get away with surfing on Facebook instead of productively working, workplace politics and gossip is rank and bullying behaviour from coworkers.

Pros

Helping the community

Cons

Corporate culture, Lack of professionalism

Great team to work with

Have worked here for 15 years and work has become boring and monotonous. Looking for a change, preferably in the HR field.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Lack of advancement/personal growth

Government Dept with broad range of skillsets

I work in South Melbourne On a rotating shift roster start ranges from 0530 to 1000 all 10.5 hr days.. Responsible for crewing Ambulances across the State of Victoria.

team work, communication and being profecional

I love my job as an ACO and get on well with my team members they are like my family a typical day on the job is very rewarding because you are helping someone who needs it management are nice and friendly to and always there to help if it is needed the hardest part of my job is not being able to save a life and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am doing something to help people when they need it

Pros

only get paid when the pager goes off

Cons

lot of volunteer hours on shift

Flexible & Friendly Environment

Great flexibility but very little opportunity for advancement/opportunities for PT work. Management are bad communicators but co-workers in general are very friendly and great to work with. My job has become very monotonous and boring with little variety/stimulation. I don't like not being busy. I can't find anything to say about the most enjoyable part of my job which is sad, but the main reason why I am looking for a change.

Pros

Flexibility/family friendly employer

Cons

Lack of opportunity for PT/Administration positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ambulance Victoria. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ambulance Victoria