American Axle & Manufacturing
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

American Axle & Manufacturing Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

It was a awesome learning and earning opportunity!

I wish the economic wouldn't have turned so bad, causing my layoff and buyout. It was more good than bad here at this company. I wouldn't trade those times for nothing.

Buenas prestaciones / Mala administración con las oportunidades de crecimiento.

La empresa cuenta con excelentes prestaciones, la dificultad de las actividades dependeran del área o planta en que te asignen, así como el ambiente laboral. Comienzas como operador sin categoría, después puedes subir a la categoria "C", hasta ahí todo bien, pero para obtener la "B" y la "A" es impensable, tienes que esperar a la liberación de nuevas vacantes, tomar cursos los cuales tienen una validez de un año, si durante ese periodo no ascendiste de categoria tendras que comenzar el proceso de nuevo, los operadores de categorias B o A no quieren "brincar" a un puesto superior por distintos motivos, por lo cual te puedes quedar estancado. Existen plantas en donde te dan la categoría A de manera rapida, pero no muchos duran ahí por que las condiciones son bastante pesadas, motivo por el cual los incentivan con subir rapido de categoria.

Great pay, No home life

They pay decently well for entry level however they are having everyone who isn't salary work 64 to 72 hours a week, mandated. Points system is not as gracious as HR will have you believe. No communication between shift leads and the production manager. I could go on and on about how those places sucks

No work life balance

Unless you want to live at your job & soak In the overtime, I would not work here. Very badly managed, machines are constantly breaking down causing more overtime, there is no work life balance. Money is wasted on lots of scrap. Not a company that cares about their employees. Benefits are average.

Good place to work as a beginner

Its a good place for starting your cnc operator career. But after 2years you need something better. You need better pay.they don’t allow your doctor notice if you were sick.

Don’t work here!

1. they don’t pay enough money. 2. you will be in critical status all year round, meaning you will work seven days a week for 21 days then one day off and then back to 21 days and then one day off. You won’t have a life out of the work place working here.

Empresa ótima de trabalhar

Empresa muito boa e benefícios também os colegas ajudam a equipe e se dedicam no trabalho

Quality Technician

I enjoyed my time with AAM as a quality technician. The job taught me a plethora of new skills and abilities. The ability to work overtime was a plus, always available...although that led to work/life balance issues.

Management will threaten and coerce with threats. HR will always rugsweep any bad complaints.

Angry supervisors. Few breaks. Average to low pay. High turnover rate. However it is stable. Only good thing about the job is it will always be there. Stable.

Pros

Stable job

Cons

Few breaks. High volume production. Angry supervision

Productive, relaxed and fun place

Great work culture, Work life balance is maintained,never felt stressed about any task,Good people,Perfect for freshers.Slow learning curve for experienced employee.

Pros

Work culture, work life balance, Fun acitivites throughout the year

Cons

lower salary range, slow vertical growth

Pay is good, management needs work

It's a good place if you kiss butt to the supervisors , mandatory overtime, working 7 days a week most of the time. There's a reason 20+ year employees are going other places.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Too much overtime

All around great.

American axle is an exclusive place to work. Traines and supports their employees. Lots of vertical movement. Willing to work with their employees through tough times.

Empresa boa , porém a chefia péssima

Empresa em si ótima , porém as chefia péssima, não vê o lado do operador.

Pros

Refeição na empresa

Cons

Fornece vale alimentação, ônibus fretado

Management has their favorites and aren't afraid of showing it. If you disagree with one of the favorites you will be picked on until your forced to quit and or get upset with them, because of their lack in punishment. You are forced to do 7 days if their behind with the customer, they have a point system that is almost impossible to catch your points back up. The pay is horrible and the raises if any at all. There's NO room for growth or advancement and you don't have a voice and can't be tired. They DONT care how long you've worked for them or how loyal you are to their company, if you have any disagreements with any favorites or supervisors YOUR FIRED

Pros

It's A Job

Cons

Management... HR

Pésimo ambiente

Pésima empresa eres desechable y no les importa las personas

Pros

Buen sueldo

Cons

No hay estabilidad laboral

Very poorly managed.

They make outrageous promises to their customers like telling them we can build far above what we can actually achieve and then force hourly employees to work 7 days a week. We have been working 7 days a week for several months with only every 3rd Saturday guaranteed off, unless you want to burn vacation time. Nobody will come work for us because nobody wants to work that much.

Pros

The union is pretty strong, benefits are decent.

Cons

Big culture problem lets management get away with a lot without repercussions from the top.

Good job for the locals

Good hours, good pay and benefits, however, with the increase of gas prices and cost of living , its no longer worth it for the people that live out of town and have to drive 30+ miles to get to work

– 19 April 2022
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and appreciate the time to share your comments.

AAM is productive and fun workplace.

the management and team members were very much helpful in AAM. The work culture is very much relaxed and learnt many new technology in AAM.Received more appreciations from client and project heads.

– 10 May 2022

Fun workplsce

Ok place to start out at. Issue is the org. culture is very closed. Very dated ways of thinking. They still think the name will carry them but times have changed and employees are holding companies accountable for the environments they creat for their workers.The issue is value of people and the work they do. Very smart people work here. This company has a lot of potential but is like most large companies: They lose sight of the vision and the people that actually do the work. Too big to see anything but the bottom lines.

– 19 April 2022

American Axle has great coworkers, good work/ life balance, benefits and management is supportive. There a plenty of opportunities to grow within the company.

– 19 April 2022

Poor place to have worked

The Malvern and Minerva plants are run poorly. The main problem at my plant was management rode rosy assessments and got to a situation where 24% of our business came from one machine. It may have worked, but they were in for millions in loans and a machine that was still going through its design stage multiple years in.

Pros

Turkey for xmas

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Axle & Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• American Axle & Manufacturing