AmeriCares Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great team, super-important work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT26 December 2017
It was a great place to work
Very good teamwork, very clear mission
Highly-recommended
Also a quite worthy place for your donations as they wisely use the resources of all kinds
Good Experience
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Andheri, Maharashtra20 March 2017
Had an amazingly good experience working with the Organization. Was a part of project named "Parivartan". Learned a lot about how an NGO works at ground level. Got an opportunity to do something for the society. Learned a good management lesson during the tenure. Very co- operative staff and Management people.
Great atmosphere and coworkers, always interesting
Assistant, Medical billing and coding (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT17 May 2016
I learned more about office management, and medical systems working here than i did throughout my years of training and education. Staff is always extremely friendly, helpful, and just lovely to be around.

There is a bit of disorganization between the different departments. The must frustrating issue that I've encountered numerous times is the confusion and lack of help from the IT department. All of the medical billing and coding must be done on one of two computers. Unfortunately, the system is old and outdated, and regularly fails or has significant issues. When IT is called, they usually are just as confused as us, and takes an unacceptable amount of time for it to be repaired/
Pros
free coffee and snacks
Cons
outdated equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriCares. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8