Amnesty International

8: Amnesty International Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Great team to work with

They put a lot of stress on being part of the 'fam'nesty. Culture was really good. Obviously the work being done is so important and we felt highly valued.

Toxic Work Environment

I was placed at AIA in a student placement for six months. The organisation demonstrates to be highly passionate about defending human rights however the impact was limited due to internal inconsistencies. We experienced gaslighting behaviour from our direct supervisor, contradicting direction for tasks, limited/no supervision and debriefing opportunities and were met with defensiveness when these concerns were raised. Furthermore, there was limited support from higher management in acknowledging and solving these concerns which resulted in the student cohort to feel unsafe in the work environment. Teams aside from the Refugee Team have been warm and welcoming however there are significant concerns which has convinced me not to work here again.

Was Fundraiser

Worked in various shopping centres and towns across Victoria in Australia. Typical day would be try and interact with the public and then once engaged to explain our cause and what we were trying to accomplish. I worked in a small team of 4 and had one group leader. It was a close and happy environment and enjoyed this experience. I learned a lot about people and how to approach people easier. Hardest part of the job was striking up a conversation with the public and then being able to explain cause. But was able to use methods to become more approachable and engaged conversation.

fun place

difficult job, but the pay was very good if you worked hard enough. I had to knock on over one hundred doors per day and deliver a sales pitch to persuade potential givers to donate.

motivation and enthuastic work environment

Good place to start interacting with customers from different background and culture. interesting conversation and boring conversation but overall a great experience. good to know your own selfconfidence and capabilities. challanging job to get customer into system. tough to handle customers when angry and marketing outside their homes which is part of the job.

Pros

travel to different location

Cons

long hours on field all day everyday

birthing kits

we assembled birthing kids for women in developing countries, so they can have a safe hygienic birth. everyone is encouraging and nice. meet inspiring women and other volunteers

Pros

atmosphere

Cons

repetitive

Amazing organisation and workplace

I feel so supported and inspired at Amnesty. The passion for what we do is palpable everyday at the office, you really feel like you're part of something greater. Co-workers are always happy to help and the teams work so well together.

Good

A typical day at this voluntary organisation consists of fundraising. The organisation revolves around the well-being of people in general so it is quite rewarding. No salary though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amnesty International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Amnesty International with