Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AMP Employee Reviews

Australia56 reviews
Great environment to come to work
Fast moving with many business changes each day. Challenging environment but well rewarded for effort and hard work. Staff worked as a team to provide the best client service. Lots of training opportunities to expand knowledge in all areas.
Professional, friendly environment
Truly professional, friendly environment offer at AMP. Good training modules with very good inputs about products given. My manager was very clear about his role and our goals, very helpful person. I enjoyed working at AMP.
Terrible place post Royal Commission
This place used to be great but management decisions post the Royal Commission made this place flat line, became terrible as managers would hire friends into technical roles which they had zero experience in
Cons
Manager hires friends with zero experience
Productive and fun work environment with many social events after work.
The best times of my life was working for AMP.
I worked in the Head Office in Melbourne for many years in various departments. Then I came and worked and a couple of the offices until I had my daughter. They were the best years of my life and wouldn't change them for anything. Working for AMP was fantastic. It was a very social environment and I made many friends over the years who I still keep in touch with now. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with all the Financial Planners on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job at times getting through all the work. Management were very supportive and always there for us. Couldn't recommend AMP any highly. Absolutely loved working for this company.
Great place to work, loads of potential but going through some tough stuff which is really negatively impacting on employees
The time I worked at AMP was fantastic - I earned good money, I had access to great benefits, I worked with some great people, and I learned a lot about myself both personally and professionally. I had two of my best leaders there.

That said, the environment at AMP while I worked there and for the foreseeable future is fast-paced, stressful and uncertain. Due to the uncertainty and the things I saw taking shape I felt I had no choice but to leave on my terms before I was left unemployed before Christmas. If you are looking for job security and advancement, you won't find that at AMP right now - give it a couple of years to settle down.

There are also some areas where culturally they are missing the mark - for example, they boast a culture of work/life balance and can be really supportive when you need it, but on the flip side policies such as working from home and flexible work arrangements are applied very inconsistently across the company.

Negatives aside, I enjoyed my time there overall and would go back for the right opportunity at the right time.
Nice peers, management needs improvement
Didn’t mind AMP, was in the role suited to my skills and experience. Management was frustrating from a compliance perspective as they had the structure right but budgets for breaches were too restrictive.

Would work there again.
you wont find any ping pong here
i really like the way the lights come all at once. desks everywhere create that feeling that you're about to do some work, welcome to your week, sit down now.
Supportive environment
A very friendly team environment. Lots of support is provided within the business, a lot of room to grow should you choose to work your way up within the business. Excellent managerial support. Excellent work life balance. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at AMP.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AMP?
Collaborative Learning
I worked in the learning and development area of AMP, this allows for collaborative learning as they implement new ideas for the rest of the sections to follow. As a work experience student and only being their for a week it was amazing to see their business culture represented through their work and social life. The L&D team was so helpful and made me feel comfortable, I would suggest numerous people to work at AMP as it is a very relaxed environment and everyone keeps up to date with their work. The constant reassurance you get from your colleague's is something you have to experience to believe it. No matter what they weren't ever getting mad at anyone but just kept reminding people of deadline they had to meet in order for other departments within the business not to be held back.
Pros
Business Culture, Management, Holidays, Meetings
Poor management
Left within two weeks! mangers extremely rude, poor training skills and no support what so ever. Manager was rude and passive aggressive she was a massive bully and my colleagues felt uncomfortable every time she’d come around. She had no respect for staff and we received a trainer that was extremely unbothered to train and was just rude and disrespectful completely disgusting how they treated their staff
Amp bank
Very poor work culture management treat staff like machines don't respect personal time will call you at night and on holidays. They put profits ahead of risk and comliance staff.
Place is in free-fall
Since Resolution Life walked away from buying AMP Life and the Royal Commission, AMP has become horrendous to work at, perhaps it is different in another building but the mismanagement has everyone wondering whether they will have a job tomorrow, an edict was sent out last week that all contractors would have a 12 month tenure, then it changed to get rid of all contractors, permanent staff must be wondering when their time will be called. Over the last couple of weeks there has been a massive departure of really decent staff, one thing is for certain, AMP needed that money from Resolution Life to survive, the place is in slash and burn mode now, morale is non-existent.
Slow and frustrating workplace
Nothing changed and the company was constantly going down hill. very poor management and there was a lack of strategic vision.

Working at AMP was seeing 5% personnel reduction year on year and hearing excuses as to why the bonuses were low despite achieving very good business outcomes. The remuneration did not align with the value added.
Poor work environment
Some of the Managers at the claims department at Parramatta is very unprofessional, they talk negatively about other workers and peers openly which encourages and promotes negativity and bullying in the work place.
The managers promote they friends even when they are not suited for the role. the loud people get recognised and the hard working quiet ones get swapped under the carpet.

very unprofessional work place and definitely not pleasant to work at.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Never a dull moment
Excellent opportunity to work across teams to implement change initiatives. Lot's of variety and space to make your mark. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Workplace culture is the only reason I stayed there
My colleagues were the reason I stayed at AMP so long. Poor management decisions made the job stressful and frustrating. In the Claims department the Case Managers were so overworked they were leaving in droves.
Customer Service AMP
I was working for AMP for the main Receptionist. The hours and people were great as too the role. I enjoyed it all but after being there for a year, I wanted to excel and advance my career.
well meaning place but a little lost
A place for intellectuals
Nice people

Flexible work

Few opportunities for advancement

HR is badly structured

Great at talking but poor execution

Pay well

Very hieararchical

Old fashioned
Productive and great place to work
The shirt time I was working at AMP I have found it to be a great stepping stone and a great Comoro work for. Management is understanding and care for their staff as well as their clients.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The travel into the city!
great place to work with
they were a place who had the culture to ensure the employees where happy and maintained a work/life balance. opportunities for growth in a chosen career. support when needed
Good training
Hard sell line. I started as a salaried planner and it didn't take long for them to try and sell it to me as a private book. I went to work for what I thought was a great employer and they tried to get me off the book as soon as they had a chance.