Ampcontrol
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ampcontrol Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Great culture, helpful staff
Although the work was fulfilling, not enough trust placed in workers to be able to commence Bank rec at start of shift. Accountants had to provide statements to work from so they generally were delayed.
Camaraderie within the Finance department was excellent.
Easy Work Enviroment
In my position at Ampcontrol, my role is to support the two Senior Business Support team with tasks assigned and to be completed within the time frame to help meet the needs of the business. This has motivated me to study in the new year as t further my qualifications.
Productive, interactive and friendly work environment.
I completed 1 week of work experience during year 10 at Amp Control, learning about work procedures along with projects for the mining industry. I helped with wiring and other small actions. My overall experience was insightful and the crew and staff were friendly and considerate.
terrible abusive manipulative brutal.
I applied for this job by accident, If I had known who it was I would never have applied.
Never work in a place where there is more than one psychopath.
Pros
clean work
Cons
too much criminal activity and bullying very dangerous work mates.
Exciting and Challenging
Working for Ampcontrol is exciting, challenging and enjoyable.
I have learnt a lot form my time a Ampcontrol from many good people. The Work/Family life balance is very good. The culture within the company is enjoyable as there a lot of many good people I have worked with.
Busy workshop most of the time
Work is interesting and flows easily. There's a lot of change with Managers and staff and not really sure sometimes who is working where. People leave and not advised and find out over the grape vine.
Pros
Permanent Part time work
Cons
Need more hours
Challenging projects
Family business
How to set up with minimum resources

Management good and bad overdone hr

Co workers friendly and co-operative

Dealing with change resistance

Successful outcome of projects
Pros
Australian
Cons
continual changes of CEO's and policies
Good Job
Open up computer and do purchase orders, enter job sheets, Answer phone calls, type minutes, order food, order stationary ect.
Pros
great people
Cons
Good place to work enjoyed my time there friendly employees.
A typical day for me at Ampcontrol Pty Ltd, I would find out what part of the factory I would be working in as I moved between Electronics, Production Line & Warehouse.
I learned a lot of different types of jobs my co-workers were friendly, management were understanding in any situation that arose.

The hardest part of the job was learning all the different jobs but the most enjoyable part of the job was learning different skills.
Pros
38 Hour Week
Cons
Low wages
Productive Environment with chances to learn and share knowledge
The Utility group was new and creative, I enjoyed setting up Project Management systems and sharing the knowledge with every one.

Hardest part of the job was to instill the project type work culture in the team which was fairly new and in experienced.

Most enjoyable part was achieving the project results even with team not fully trained to do the job.
Pioneer in Australian Electrical Industry
Duties: Electrical systems, PLC and SCADA development, test (FAT, SAT) and commissioning.
I learned: Coal Mine under ground equipment design, Australian Standards, ControlLogix, CompactLogix and FTView manipulation.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Learning new skills, working with other people.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
high pressure production
high pressure production, heavy handed management , low morale . bad work life balance
Pros
much overtime
Cons
high pressure, no advancement /training
Management follow old fashion
Ampcontrol is a good company but limited change for career growth due to the recent mining poor market.
The Leading OEM in electrical gear for coal mining!
You better be ready to hunt in all sorts of places for electrical faults and switching issues. The challenges are certainly there but so are the rewards and friendship ties.
Pros
You get to see many interresting places & meet smart people!
Cons
Xmas is another 12 months away.
Hard working
i was there for 3 hours making speakers, i was shown exactly how to make them. when i made a mistake i was shown how to fix it. The hardest part was the repetition but soon after became the most enjoyable part of the job. Due to being able to complete the task quicker therefor making me happier and things more efficient.
Good Crew to work with
Leant The Mining industry, always busy, good management, good
crew to work with.
Pros
Cons
ok
pleasant and instructive
My first employment, the co-workers were nice, talkative and skilled.
I was free to lead my project how I want.

I learned first, how a big company works and what is the duties of an Engineer. Besides, I worked on a GLDC touch panel and Ethernet transmission.
Pros
the pay, co-workers
Iliked my Job, but company had serious management issues
The ability to learn new skills were good. 9 day fortnight. All shifts were day work. Almost no overtime.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No job security. Management always leaving due to very poor HR skills
My Opinion
Ampcontrol was a great company to work for with many friendly people. My day was always different from soldering and doing final assembly to doing contractor inductions and Chairing the WHSE committee. I found it easy to get out of bed to go to a great job. I learnt heaps about making deadlines and being part of a great team. I also learnt store duties too.
Pros
people
Pay above award. Very clean workshop
Fellow workers in general very friendly. Can be one sided when dealing with complaints. Nice ammenities. Training is better in some departments compared to others. Engineers quite helpful when called on.
Pros
great christmas breakup meal. good wages
Cons
too many chiefs not enough indians.