Ampcontrol

20: Ampcontrol Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Great culture, helpful staff

Although the work was fulfilling, not enough trust placed in workers to be able to commence Bank rec at start of shift. Accountants had to provide statements to work from so they generally were delayed. Camaraderie within the Finance department was excellent.

Easy Work Enviroment

In my position at Ampcontrol, my role is to support the two Senior Business Support team with tasks assigned and to be completed within the time frame to help meet the needs of the business. This has motivated me to study in the new year as t further my qualifications.

Productive, interactive and friendly work environment.

I completed 1 week of work experience during year 10 at Amp Control, learning about work procedures along with projects for the mining industry. I helped with wiring and other small actions. My overall experience was insightful and the crew and staff were friendly and considerate.

terrible abusive manipulative brutal.

I applied for this job by accident, If I had known who it was I would never have applied. Never work in a place where there is more than one psychopath.

Pros

clean work

Cons

too much criminal activity and bullying very dangerous work mates.

Exciting and Challenging

Working for Ampcontrol is exciting, challenging and enjoyable. I have learnt a lot form my time a Ampcontrol from many good people. The Work/Family life balance is very good. The culture within the company is enjoyable as there a lot of many good people I have worked with.

Busy workshop most of the time

Work is interesting and flows easily. There's a lot of change with Managers and staff and not really sure sometimes who is working where. People leave and not advised and find out over the grape vine.

Pros

Permanent Part time work

Cons

Need more hours

Challenging projects

Family business How to set up with minimum resources Management good and bad overdone hr Co workers friendly and co-operative Dealing with change resistance Successful outcome of projects

Pros

Australian

Cons

continual changes of CEO's and policies

Good Job

Open up computer and do purchase orders, enter job sheets, Answer phone calls, type minutes, order food, order stationary ect.

Pros

great people

Cons

Good place to work enjoyed my time there friendly employees.

A typical day for me at Ampcontrol Pty Ltd, I would find out what part of the factory I would be working in as I moved between Electronics, Production Line & Warehouse. I learned a lot of different types of jobs my co-workers were friendly, management were understanding in any situation that arose. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different jobs but the most enjoyable part of the job was learning different skills.

Pros

38 Hour Week

Cons

Low wages

Productive Environment with chances to learn and share knowledge

The Utility group was new and creative, I enjoyed setting up Project Management systems and sharing the knowledge with every one. Hardest part of the job was to instill the project type work culture in the team which was fairly new and in experienced. Most enjoyable part was achieving the project results even with team not fully trained to do the job.

Pioneer in Australian Electrical Industry

Duties: Electrical systems, PLC and SCADA development, test (FAT, SAT) and commissioning. I learned: Coal Mine under ground equipment design, Australian Standards, ControlLogix, CompactLogix and FTView manipulation. The most enjoyable part of the job: Learning new skills, working with other people.

Pros

Free Gym Membership

high pressure production

high pressure production, heavy handed management , low morale . bad work life balance

Pros

much overtime

Cons

high pressure, no advancement /training

Management follow old fashion

Ampcontrol is a good company but limited change for career growth due to the recent mining poor market.

The Leading OEM in electrical gear for coal mining!

You better be ready to hunt in all sorts of places for electrical faults and switching issues. The challenges are certainly there but so are the rewards and friendship ties.

Pros

You get to see many interresting places & meet smart people!

Cons

Xmas is another 12 months away.

Hard working

i was there for 3 hours making speakers, i was shown exactly how to make them. when i made a mistake i was shown how to fix it. The hardest part was the repetition but soon after became the most enjoyable part of the job. Due to being able to complete the task quicker therefor making me happier and things more efficient.

Good Crew to work with

Leant The Mining industry, always busy, good management, good crew to work with.

Pros

Cons

ok

pleasant and instructive

My first employment, the co-workers were nice, talkative and skilled. I was free to lead my project how I want. I learned first, how a big company works and what is the duties of an Engineer. Besides, I worked on a GLDC touch panel and Ethernet transmission.

Pros

the pay, co-workers

Iliked my Job, but company had serious management issues

The ability to learn new skills were good. 9 day fortnight. All shifts were day work. Almost no overtime.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No job security. Management always leaving due to very poor HR skills

My Opinion

Ampcontrol was a great company to work for with many friendly people. My day was always different from soldering and doing final assembly to doing contractor inductions and Chairing the WHSE committee. I found it easy to get out of bed to go to a great job. I learnt heaps about making deadlines and being part of a great team. I also learnt store duties too.

Pros

people

Pay above award. Very clean workshop

Fellow workers in general very friendly. Can be one sided when dealing with complaints. Nice ammenities. Training is better in some departments compared to others. Engineers quite helpful when called on.

Pros

great christmas breakup meal. good wages

Cons

too many chiefs not enough indians.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ampcontrol. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ampcontrol with

Learn about Ampcontrol in popular locations

• Ampcontrol
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?