Ampol

17: Ampol Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Overall a good place to work

It all depends on your manager. My manager was great! He was fair, taught us well and thorough. I worked at other stores and the management was terrible. It all comes down to the manager teaching you and running the place.

Great company to work for.

I enjoy coming to work with my 2nd family, we all get on really well, and we all work as a team and look out for each other and help each other. I always look forward to seeing my work colleagues.

Ampol insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Very bad. They try to be woke but don't care about noone

Mental health don't care and they work you to the bone for unpaid overtime. Wouldn't recommend working there as they care more about appearing they care but dont.

Work life balance

In this industry it is hard to have work/life balance. This is shift work and unfortunately life suffers with all shift work. However still a good company to work for.

Wanna get burnt out and sour? We got you!

Hands down the most toxic place imaginable to work for. If your spineless, they have a management position just for you. The moment you speak up, you are gaslighted to oblivion. Don’t value your mental/physical health? Ampol is the place to reduce yourself into a husk of what you used to be.

good pay

The team I worked with. Manager was amazing. Free treatments or cheap treatments. Discounted product. As this is my first ever beauty job I struggle sometimes with the speed I need to work at , however the team is there to help me out and I’m improving

Stressful, little to no support from management

Can be fast paced, but that is not handy when there is only 1 person rostered on due to labour hours getting cut constantly. Office management don't give enough support to their staff which leads to them leaving on short notice.

Stressful and very poor top management

Stressful and very hectic for all the store personals. Too much work to finish in less time with less labour hours. Top management has high expectations from a single person at a time handling the whole store. No appreciation for the frontline employees. Very bad situation presently.

Micro-Management and Toxic Culture

My time at Ampol was not enjoyable. Constant issues regarding being rostered for hours outside of my availability, not receiving the amount of hours I specifically requested as a minimum as a stipulation of me taking the job over others, management was harsh and treated staff like they were always in the wrong, other staff working at our site being condescending towards one another, working long shifts alone with no break and ridiculously high expectations to get an extensive list of tasks completed.

Mentally challenging

Job was easy enough, customers will be customers but management and treatment of staff...not great.Very basic training Constant annoying with being put in a group chat

Pros

Easy once you get the hang of it

Cons

Lack of empathy towards staff Very basic training

Don't waste your time!

I have worked for many big companies but this company is by far the worst! The wages are pathetic. There is no support from management. HR take weeks to get back to you however will be on the phone within minutes if you made a mistake. Constant rude customers that you just have to put up with. No benefits for staff at all.

Pros

None.

Cons

No breaks as you're generally on your own. Very poor wages. No benefits. No progression. No support.

Worst place to work as HR do not care one bit about the staff just want to line their own pockets

Been here for 2 years and wages haven't increased even though work load has increased and HR do not care whatsoever about any feedback you give them at all. Management is constantly stressed out from being overworked and not paid fairly for the amount of work they are doing. I strongly suggest avoiding this company as their HR department does not care for their staff one bit. Staff constantly required to do the work of 2 or 3 people by themselves then HR get mad when things aren't done 😒

Pros

It's a bit of income

Cons

NO discounts whatsoever, Constantly required to do the work of multiple people by yourself, Management overworked and underpaid, HR do not take any feedback at all from staff, HR constantly giving different information from different departments, then getting mad at staff for something they messed up

Easy money

Pretty easy to get a job there, once you're hired it's pretty secure. There's no career progression, lots of micro-managment from staff that don't actually know what they're doing. Some managers don't know how to do their job properly and have double standards.

Pros

Free coffee know shift, HR take some matters seriously

Cons

No discounts, no work/life balance especially with young children. Lack of management skills, no career progression

Worst job I ever had

Ampol has got to be one of the worst run companies I have ever worked for. Their management is an absolute disgrace. They favour workers that do absolutely nothing but stand around and play on their phones all day. The workers that actually put in an effort don't get any incentive to do anything. If you are looking for a bludger of a job in which you don't have to do anything at all except say hello and smile this job is perfect.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Extremely poor management, no company discounts, bad working conditions and hours

Fair work needs to audit them

Managers work long hours and get in trouble for items not in control. I come home crying when my business manager and nsw state manager treat me worse than dog. Even I try my hardest, have no real formal training apart from tick and flick process and expect to manager 15 staff, train and manage staff, order stocks and do stocktakes. I do good job and now they take a full time staff member off me and I have to work console and do more job? Why my wife say she leave me if I not help at home. Why they can do this and get away with it. I do research and they remove previous owners as franchise for what they do is worse. Is very sad.

Pros

My marriage save as I left

Cons

The whole business and people are not ethics

Truck stop

Seedy old guys in a truck stop, perving on a 17 year old, working in the kitchen at the time. Coworkers stole money from your bag during shifts. Overall a dirty place to work.

Ampol review same as Caltex

Ampol was taken over by Caltex. My time with Ampol has ben an progressive experienced. I work for the card marketing combining credit and receivable roles. I gained a wide range of experienced and knowledge. The work environment was excellent from management to co-workers.

Pros

Good company to work for interms of work, management, work collegues and good environment.

Cons

Traveling by car to a Industrial site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ampol. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ampol with