Ampol
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ampol: 6 Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Easy money

Pretty easy to get a job there, once you're hired it's pretty secure. There's no career progression, lots of micro-managment from staff that don't actually know what they're doing. Some managers don't know how to do their job properly and have double standards.

Pros

Free coffee know shift, HR take some matters seriously

Cons

No discounts, no work/life balance especially with young children. Lack of management skills, no career progression

Worst place to work as HR do not care one bit about the staff just want to line their own pockets

Been here for 2 years and wages haven't increased even though work load has increased and HR do not care whatsoever about any feedback you give them at all. Management is constantly stressed out from being overworked and not paid fairly for the amount of work they are doing. I strongly suggest avoiding this company as their HR department does not care for their staff one bit. Staff constantly required to do the work of 2 or 3 people by themselves then HR get mad when things aren't done 😒

Pros

It's a bit of income

Cons

NO discounts whatsoever, Constantly required to do the work of multiple people by yourself, Management overworked and underpaid, HR do not take any feedback at all from staff, HR constantly giving different information from different departments, then getting mad at staff for something they messed up

Worst job I ever had

Ampol has got to be one of the worst run companies I have ever worked for. Their management is an absolute disgrace. They favour workers that do absolutely nothing but stand around and play on their phones all day. The workers that actually put in an effort don't get any incentive to do anything. If you are looking for a bludger of a job in which you don't have to do anything at all except say hello and smile this job is perfect.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Extremely poor management, no company discounts, bad working conditions and hours

Fair work needs to audit them

Managers work long hours and get in trouble for items not in control. I come home crying when my business manager and nsw state manager treat me worse than dog. Even I try my hardest, have no real formal training apart from tick and flick process and expect to manager 15 staff, train and manage staff, order stocks and do stocktakes. I do good job and now they take a full time staff member off me and I have to work console and do more job? Why my wife say she leave me if I not help at home. Why they can do this and get away with it. I do research and they remove previous owners as franchise for what they do is worse. Is very sad.

Pros

My marriage save as I left

Cons

The whole business and people are not ethics

Truck stop

Seedy old guys in a truck stop, perving on a 17 year old, working in the kitchen at the time. Coworkers stole money from your bag during shifts. Overall a dirty place to work.

Ampol review same as Caltex

Ampol was taken over by Caltex. My time with Ampol has ben an progressive experienced. I work for the card marketing combining credit and receivable roles. I gained a wide range of experienced and knowledge. The work environment was excellent from management to co-workers.

Pros

Good company to work for interms of work, management, work collegues and good environment.

Cons

Traveling by car to a Industrial site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ampol. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ampol