Anglican Care Employee Reviews

Amazing staff and excellent workplace
CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jesmond NSW21 May 2018
awesome place to work, great and friendly staff, good and caring management, nice work ethics. always looking forward to my next shift as everyday is an amazing day.
A very large organisation easy to get lost in.
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW23 January 2018
A typical day are eight hour shifts, education is an essential part the of the position, work independently through out the day, the hardest part of the position is clients passing on, Being a part of my clients lives helping the elderly live an independent life for as long as possible in the security of there own homes and bringing a smile to there faces.
I enjoyed working there and I miss it very much
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW11 November 2017
I enjoyed working there and I miss it very much. I miss the residents and I miss the workplace. I think that NSW does a far better job paying and looking after their employees and in turn residents than has been my experience in Victoria thus far. The salary packaging is excellent and does not seem to be available in Victoria. If I were offered a full time job in Activities in Anglican care I would probably move back in a heartbeat.
Pros
It really is an awesome place to work for
Cons
I suppose there are some but I could deal with it. There are issues with every employer.
Staff get together for social functions
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW9 November 2016
My day starts with getting residents out bed and prepare them for the day ahead. Serve breakfast to them, making sure that everyone is enjoying breakfast and give assistance to those who cannot feed themselves. Then assistance with morning tea, making sure the residents are all comfortable in their particular chairs. Lunch time is next doing the same as breakfast. Toileting which we do frequently during the day as well.
Basically that describes my morning shift.
Pros
Do have B.B.Q 'at different times
Cons
N/a
overall a more and more demanding industry
Hotel Services Co Ordinator / Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, NSW12 April 2015
very challenging industry, must be able to handle and time manage everyday issues, rewards are seeing the smiles on the residents faces when you provide them with a special out of the ordinary service.
Rewarding role
Resident Service (Former Employee) –  toronto29 November 2013
I enjoyed my time working within the aged care industry.

It was a very rewarding role that taught me a lot.
Not alot to say
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Booragul6 September 2013
A typical day at work is non stop from start to finish. Looking after 10-11 people in all areas of care and that is 1 staff member. Work load is extremely heavy and hi care resident's are becoming more. The area I work in, is classed as low care. Most enjoyable part of my job, is being able to give to the ones I look after, to make them laugh, to make them look good by making sure they are clean and fussed over, and the resident's telling you, your such a lovely person and wanting to give you hugs and more. As regards other things, I would rather not elaborate.
Pros
Making the resident's loved and cared for.
Cons
Not enough staff and work load too much