Anglicare SA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglicare SA Employee Reviews

Australia25 reviews
I worked at Anglicare for a year and a half.People were very supportive, but this was my second job.I was promoted as a Supervisor in my first job so I had to quit Anglicare. I will work there again if given a chance. The residents are very happy and treated with respect. The food they serve to the residents are 5 star class. Cleanliness is of high standard.
HR Manager is a corporate psychopath and a bully.

She is a micro manager and undermines work.

Work is not values or appreciated by managers.

Lack.of PD
Not the best workplace culture - lots of things said but no action ever taken, poor ability to progress in the workplace and lack of mentorship or training provided
I learned a lot from the workplaces, all staffs are warm and friendly. The overall environment is tidy and clean. I felt warm all the time. Getting along with other peoples are interesting.
Many varieties of job positions and high work demands meant not a lot of staff communication possible.
Anglicare provides valuable all-round services to the community with compassion and non-judgement.
Pros
tax benefits
Cons
I enjoyed working at AnglicareSA Grange for the most part, but was prohibited from caring for the residents up to a standard I (and as it turns out the government - accreditation) found acceptable. This was due to a strong emphasis by management on cutting costs wherever possible. When management were confronted about this they would blame upper management and "the industry" rather than try to work out solutions to unacceptable problems. They'd even blame the residents, suggesting certain residents were known for making things up (despite all evidence to suggest they were telling the truth).

Cutting costs means cutting staff. When staff/carers are cut, standards drop dramatically as it's simply not possible to keep up. This means that things soon spiral out of control.

For example, the carers might not have time to toilet the resident properly and so the resident then might as a consequence use more continence pads. The managers will then complain that carers are using too many continence pads, making the decision to lock the spare pads up. Carers are then held up having to go find a nurse to unlock the room with the spare pads (and sign off on getting an extra pad). This leads to the carer either deciding that "the pad isn't that bad, we'll leave it on" or the extra time spent doing the right thing resulting in other residents not having their care needs met in a timely manner. That's one example.. but when an entire facility is run like that it's best to move on.
Pros
Great nurses, residents and carers
Cons
Lousy management and strong emphasis on cutting costs wherever possible
Job involved basic clothes sorting. Wasn't really any training or skill learning involved as it was a pretty easy job. Manager was also very easy going and co-workers were nice.
Pros
Quiet easy work
Cons
volunteer work so no pay
Promoting social skills and working with each individual with different support needs. It was a 5 hours support and time management was effective allowing individual to achieve their daily outcome before being dropped home. It was a brilliant team which the workplace culture essential. It was a great experience working as a volunteer.
Pros
positive attitude
Cons
less hours for engagement but manage with allocated hours
It is a charity company (none for benefit) and working to help people. They build a building, help people to have a health and support children which have bad or no parents.
Assisting clients to secure or maintain housing.
Liaising with various organisations daily to assist with emergency accommodation when required. Attending scheduled and unscheduled home visits. Keep concise case notes. Attend meetings with or on behalf of clients.

I learnt a lot in this position. Mainly about the importance of empowering others to give them the tools required to lead more secure lives. I also gained a lot of knowledge around different cultures and to respect these differences while being able to assist in combining these beliefs and expectations to enable the stability around housing issues.

Support from management was paramount within our team. I held management in high regard due to their support with complex issues that often arose.

The most difficult part of the job was seeking the appropriate services for individual clients. With an increase in demand this became very challenging.

Positive outcomes were the most rewarding parts of the job. Small achievements were always celebrated.
Pros
Ongoing education, courses. Challenging
Cons
Challenging, Lack of available services to support clients.
Enjoy working for people that highly value the local community. I had the opportunity to liaise with donors and people from all walks of life. I enjoyed maintaining the ThankQ database and gained rewarding feedback from my peers.
Pros
The people
Cons
Contract only
Job ok, working with elderly nice, you get to meet lovely people, take them shopping sometimes or help with meal preparations etc.
Hours can be unpredictable and may get a lot of cancellations which mean you don't get paid for those hours lost
Pros
Meeting lovely people
Cons
Hours are up and down
Although only there for a temporary assignment, was made to feel very welcome. Fellow assistants were helpful and supportive given length of time there. Seemed to be a godo place to work.
Pros
adaptable working and friendly staff
Cons
only a temp role
Anglicare is one of the most caring, understanding companies I have had a pleasure to work in. Everyone is willing to help when you require and is always happy to help you learn at any moment in time.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Breaks can be cut short
Productive but a bit challenging. I have learned that If you work as a team you achieve a lot of good things than working alone. The people at Anglicare are so nice especially my team, they treat everyone with respect and support one another when in need. the hardest part of my internship was finding the zones, policy and desired characters for the housing site analysis. And the most enjoyable part of the is having free food and sacks.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
long hours sometimes
I volunteered in the food room at anglicare. My duties included helping clients select their food items as per the allowances given to them by the interviewers, accepting donations and maintaining stock in the storage rooms.
Pros
A very friendly environment to work in
Great opportunities to salary sacrifice and other benefits to make up for lower salary.
A fulfilling place to work with great coworkers
Pros
Great community work
Cons
Low pay
Consistent, informed, fun to be at work. Great learning environment with lots of flexibility to be creative. Management were always open to ideas and co-workers were supportive and willing to share information and help out when needed.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
good clean working environment great Co Workers was happy working up till recently. Now is time for a change of scenery.
My typical day at work was to go out into the community and help people with high complex needs, this can include taking to case conferences, case management, Guardianship board meetings.
Doing daily routines, harm minimization,
Pros
I enjoyed working in the community
Cons
It has become a very toxic work place over the last 3 months
a typical day would begin by sorting out the new arrival stuff and getting rid of anything that was gross or ripped. then you would go through all of the plate and dishware and see what was good to keep and what wasnt.