Anglicare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglicare Employee Reviews

Was a great company during my employment, when I was leaving they had laid off multiple workers who had been there for 30 years and was going through a restructure.
Great staff to work with. But extremely poor Management and poor Administration. No wonder staffs are suffering. Managers don’t respect any of the staffs.
Good to work for, should ge pay rise every annual review if doing the right thing meeting their wants etc. Need to be some responsibility given to the staff out in the field around their daily schedules as could make it more efficient and save the company money & time.Fuel amount needs to increase also for staff using private vehicles as .73 per km compared to the cost of fuel & wear & tear doesn't cover the driving around we do.
Pros
Have some lovely clients
Cons
Alot of back tracking between clients
I worked for this company for a year, and in that year i really cant fault them. They were always on the end of the line if i needed them and they were always fair but strict. I have been a care worker/ support worker for 5 different companies and this one by far beats the rest. I think it's quite well managed as you have Team leaders as well as client liaisons and RN's. They were always great with only giving me shifts during my availability and i did have pretty consistent hours with regular clients i would see. All the clients seemed quite happy too.I left to move on to bigger things and left the care giver role, i would of loved to of become a team leader there but it would appear that the office staff have been with the company for a long time so no available spots at the time. That proves that the working environment in the office must also be good to work in.The only down side to the company was that like every other community care company they can't guarantee stability and some weeks with cancellations my hours would drop drastically which made it hard to budget and survive. The schedulers were always fantastic as if they needed you to do an extra shift they would always ring they never just added it without consulting you first. I worked for the Gold Coast office out in the community.i will continue to recommend this company to all other people who want to become care givers.
Pros
good communication
Cons
no stability with hours
I found Anglicare enjoyable initially however it became very politicised through new staff so it didn’t reflect its values and the work place became very stressful and not enjoyable. This may have changed since I moved on
Not a caring company at all Do not care about staffs input Only care about management Management only care about themselves Some staff not suited or trained properly Management need training out in the field Management need more training to do their job better
Pros
The clients we look after
Cons
Bad management
I was lucky enough to have an extremely kind and caring manager who took me under her wing She was always fair but firm I appreciated her training and mentorship
Pros
Interesting varied work
Cons
Long days
Loved working for Anglicare. I had a great experience will Clients, Staff and Management. I felt supported always. If you can afford to live when clients may cancel and you don’t get paid for those booking’s ( out of company control) , this job is very rewarding
Pros
Great work culture. Genuinely caring staff
Cons
Wage does not reflect the availability required
I have learnt new skills there helps me to gain my confidence and helps people with their needs in the community so I decided to do course in Community Services to help the community with their needs also.
Great place to work. Management is fair and approachable. Staff are friendly and welcoming to new staff members. Workload is tough like any other facility.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Workload
There are various programs in Townsville and they are all great with some really amazing and supportive staff The manager is toxic and narcissistic and only has self preservation in mind
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues
Cons
Service manager - toxic and cruel
AnglicareSA is a good environment for me.. they look after their staffs and clients..the environment has been up and down but they have good approaches with situations..
Don't go there, if you would like to be appreciated as a front line worker of their's, who is paid the lowest legally possible income. You could well be often having to go beyoond your role to solve unexpected issues while in the field, and even though your problem solving was very well executed, and saved management heaps of drama, you would never be given a pat on the back so to speak. Zero recognition.
This work place only gets worse and worse every day. Under staffed and over worked, so much so that many accidents have happened and staff take a lot of time off either sick or on workers compensation. No team work. Management don't listen or care. Foreign co workers are constantly talking their own language, which means they are probably talking about you, and obviously have no respect for other people. Management and some staff are related so have the "I can get away with whatever I want" attitude... and they do. So why am I still here... only till I can find another job.
I have worked in the community, going to clients place of residence, from my experience Anglicare are very focused on the clients needs and strive to stick to a regular time frame of service. Love the work - love the clients.
It is good working there as a carer. Will learn new things. Management is wonderful. Take care of the staff well. I took this job while i was a student.
I love my job which is actually a job share between two depts - work life balance is great for me Managers are accessible and reasonable Working in aged care is wonderful
Anglicare has great leadership and supports its employees, clients, and families. Supporting clients with a kind caring heart is very rewarding and Anglicare has its client's needs at heart.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Traveling time can be a challenge at times
With an organisation that is growing so rapidly no one can tell you the experience that you will have. There are some great staff, some great managers, so great stories, but there is also the opposite, and the hard times and lack of support are growing.
Cons
Unresponsive, lack understanding, little staff support
Great place to work where you can get a better working knowledge. People who work there, are very friendly and always helpful to carry out the tasks. It was an amazing opportunity for me to work at Anglicare as a volunteer worker at the beginning since then I could learn the working environment in Australia and later on I could get a job opportunity there.
Management and communicative from Management to Staff quite poor. That is also reflected with Anglicare to clients. This leads to a little frustration at times and can be frustrating. If management has issue come and chat with us to resolve that issue.
  1. Employee Reviews