Anglicare Employee Reviews

Toxic management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD21 June 2019
Great staff. Great clients. You can salary sacrifice.
Management is terrible. Makes working there tough.
Team members are very supportive of each other.
Pros
The awesome staff
Cons
Toxic management
Great workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2019
Everyone is so friendly and it really makes going to work easier. So many people.. most of there are nice except a few bad eggs who are just rude to everyone including clients. Overall would recommend.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Nil
Excellent Work force
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Collie WA1 May 2019
We learn as we go and have the benefit of a great HR team and resources.
Working with Clients and seeing them acheive their dreams is rewarding.
A typical day could be taking a client to the beauticians for nails and waxing or helping them connect with friends for morning tea or lunch.
I have learnt to break instructions down to small achievable steps.
Pros
Being out and about
Cons
Ndis
Disability support worker
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodanilling WA20 March 2019
Disability support worker - extremely poor management. They’re not client focused more worried about money. Management and staff are all unqualified. Most of them need carers themselves as they do not function at a normal level.
Pros
You get paid every fortnight sometimes on time
Cons
Someone will die due to their poor services
amazing
OOHC Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW27 January 2019
Absolutely loved working for this organisation. the entire team state wide was amazing and very supportive, friendly and focused. miss working for this organisation and would love to join their team again.
Supportive staff and friendly work environment
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 January 2019
Middle management are very supportive with clients. Care staff very friendly and caring. Home care positions are not for the faint hearted or navigationally challenged. Very rewarding at times; although physically and emotionally gruelling at others. Clients are mainly very kind and welcoming of care staff. Have to maintain own vehicle to a high standard due to transporting clients. Sometimes have to travel a long distance for 30 minute shifts and may include long intervals of sitting in car between shifts without hourly pay rate. care staff are paid for travel between shifts and may be entitled to penalty rates and salary sacrificing. Have enjoyed getting to know some wonderful clients. Always feel better at work than at home!!!!!
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Stressful at times!
Upper Management needs to be in touch more with clients an workers
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany WA 63303 January 2019
I cant really Preview this company as i worked exclusively with 1 only client within the Disability sector an i left due to workplace bulling within the team i worked with !!!
I did 2x 24 hr shifts a week , the pay was casual an very good , but dropping down to Permanent Part Time was a huge drop so i stayed on casual wages till i resigned
Pros
God Pay For a Casual
Cons
Long Hrs
Very strong culture of Favourtism
Home Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD1 January 2019
Expect to do alot of cleans despite being a pcw. Favourites of middle staff get all of the personal care work, cares are not evenly distributed regardless of great performance. Middle management can be bullies at times and there is minimal accountability for bias behavior. Hcw's will bear the brunt of their team leaders mistakes.
Pros
Rn's are fantastic
Cons
Clicks in the office will make or break you
I loved working with tthe elderly and the location was close to home. Management was excelent.
RN Div 1 (Former Employee) –  Richmond NSW3 December 2018
I love the elderly clients, I appreciate the work being done by the management but I would have loved to see the carers doing the correct things at all times,. There is too much shortcuts in residents care. It broke my heart. Too much bullying on night shift by the night care workers coz they have been on the job and same shift for far too long and they think they rule the place. I have seen the RN!s working really hard. PM shift there is a need for another carer to augment the staff complement the short staffing is impacting on resident care. If only the powers that be can look into this it will definitely help the residents. Also looking at changing the night carers.
Pros
Love the work.
Cons
I lleft due to other commitments.
Excellent Staff and Experiences
DISABILITY CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Biloela QLD2 December 2018
I enjoyed my time here thoroughly. I learnt a lot and had excellent mentors and help. I loved taking participants to many activities and I loved spending time with them.
children services coordinator
Community Care and Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 November 2018
Family support, respite and day program for children with a disability and their families including in house programs community access and recreational opportunities
Best workplace I've ever worked in my life
Project Administration Support Officer (Former Employee) –  QLWD, Anglicare Southern Queensland Brisbane6 November 2018
Wonderful organisation to work, lovely colleagues, recently established relationship based practice culture. Love, Hope, Care and Humility are the four core are the mission and values. Miss you Anglicare, my best workplace I've ever worked in my life.
False
Support Management, families and support worker's (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW2 October 2018
Management incredibly unprofessional, fraudulent and misleading to the public and insurance companies.
I was made redundant because they didn't know what to do with me.
Pros
Great staff on the floor
Cons
Unprofessional
Staffs are dedicated to help people
Accounts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 September 2018
Staffs are dedicated to help people. Working environment is very pleasant and motivating. Busy always and yet very satisfying job knowing that your efforts, skills and talents are use for reaching out to people who are less fortunate and needs help.
Community engagement with clients
Aged Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford QLD24 September 2018
I enjoyed the aspect of spending time with a variety of clients on a daily basis. Completing different task and the interaction with clients during these processes. The only negative i had was if a client needed additional services not allocated within the time frame, the company was not flexible enough to allow negotiation for additional tasks during that specific time allocation. There are many positives however the specific highlight for me is assisting and watching when clients reach personal milestones.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Sitting between jobs waiting for time allocations, company not being flexible when required.
loved working with this orgnisatiom
OOHC Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW2 September 2018
loved it, would workthere again. my favourite job by far, missthe environment,colleagues, company and the clients. if i was given the opportunity i would work there again.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 August 2018
Gained skills on:
Organised, focused and dedicated with high-level management experience in community engagement through events, volunteer management and leadership of diverse groups.
Educative and enjoyable workplace with elderly people
AIN Student (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 July 2018
Serving people is not only a job for me, its a patience that derived from long term practice. Every time when I support and help elderly people to perform their daily living activities as such showering, grooming, eating they used to say lovely thanks to me and that thanks bring big smile on my face because I know, that is not only the word actually that is the love and blessings which I get from them lovely elderly people.
Anglicare Volunteer Programs
Support Worker (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Devonport TAS15 June 2018
I love this organisation they are extremely helpful within the community services trying to provide support in various aspects of the community. It was a pleasure for working with their program working and supporting Young Mothers
Management & Supervisors at facility are bullies and self centred.
CSE3 (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 May 2018
Going to work is an absolute pleasure when staff are able to focus on their clients and give person centred care. Although, due to lack of resources that are necessary to do the job efficiently, staff have their hands tied. Management is too busy trying to restrict the provisions necessary to do the job and there is a constant issue of wasting precious client time as staff are very regularly searching and asking for basic resources. The poor clients have restrictions which compromises their dignity .
The hardest part of the job is the frustration of letting clients down due to low staffing and management focusing on "the budget" instead of client care and their true needs.
Workplace culture is terrific, I love my colleagues.
Also no opportunity for advancement if you're not "a favourite" no matter what your qualifications.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Poor management and supervisors.