Anglicare

44: Anglicare Employee Reviews

Australia44 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Anglicare was a good experience and I did well there.

I have agreed not to share my experience at Anglicare with others. However in hindsight I enjoyed my work there and liked the staff and management.My experience was of a special nature and not necessarily indicative of others experience.

A caring and friendly organisation

Anglicare is a wonderful organisation they really look after their clients and staff.During COVID the clients were cancelling their services but Anglicare were paying their staff.

Working for Anglicare

Basically don't pay enough to compensate petrol and wear and tear on car. Only their favourites actually get a company car and actual aged care work. The rest get all the cleaning jobs. They hire you as an aged care worker, but use you as a cleaner. They will lie to you about the job description.

Pros

You may do aged care work.

Cons

Not enough pay. Be prepared to clean really bad houses.

Poor management and communication

I have been with the organisation for 9 years and the hole 9 years of being there I have seen nothing but poor management, gossiping, favouritism and so much more ( to many chiefs and not enough Indians) Anglicare is not supportive if you become ill, they will gossip among them all about you and treat you poorly, your just another number.

Cons

Ridiculous travel time

Terrible culture and unsupportive management

I wouldn’t recommend working for Anglicare at all. The workplace was incredibly competitive, gossipy and unorganised. And management only contact you to tell you something is wrong, not ask if you’re going ok. Terrible for your mental health and no stability with rosters. They expect you to work ridiculous hours even though you’re contracted to be part time not casual.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

Unsupportive

Extremely poor management

Great staff to work with. But extremely poor Management and poor Administration. No wonder staffs are suffering. Managers don’t respect any of the staffs.

Good company

Good to work for, should ge pay rise every annual review if doing the right thing meeting their wants etc. Need to be some responsibility given to the staff out in the field around their daily schedules as could make it more efficient and save the company money & time.Fuel amount needs to increase also for staff using private vehicles as .73 per km compared to the cost of fuel & wear & tear doesn't cover the driving around we do.

Pros

Have some lovely clients

Cons

Alot of back tracking between clients

The best Care company I've worked for

I worked for this company for a year, and in that year i really cant fault them. They were always on the end of the line if i needed them and they were always fair but strict. I have been a care worker/ support worker for 5 different companies and this one by far beats the rest. I think it's quite well managed as you have Team leaders as well as client liaisons and RN's. They were always great with only giving me shifts during my availability and i did have pretty consistent hours with regular clients i would see. All the clients seemed quite happy too.I left to move on to bigger things and left the care giver role, i would of loved to of become a team leader there but it would appear that the office staff have been with the company for a long time so no available spots at the time. That proves that the working environment in the office must also be good to work in.The only down side to the company was that like every other community care company they can't guarantee stability and some weeks with cancellations my hours would drop drastically which made it hard to budget and survive. The schedulers were always fantastic as if they needed you to do an extra shift they would always ring they never just added it without consulting you first. I worked for the Gold Coast office out in the community.i will continue to recommend this company to all other people who want to become care givers.

Pros

good communication

Cons

no stability with hours

If values are adhered to is enjoyable

I found Anglicare enjoyable initially however it became very politicised through new staff so it didn’t reflect its values and the work place became very stressful and not enjoyable. This may have changed since I moved on

Management don’t care about staff

Not a caring company at all Do not care about staffs input Only care about management Management only care about themselves Some staff not suited or trained properly Management need training out in the field Management need more training to do their job better

Pros

The clients we look after

Cons

Bad management

Excellent training and positive work culture

I was lucky enough to have an extremely kind and caring manager who took me under her wing She was always fair but firm I appreciated her training and mentorship

Pros

Interesting varied work

Cons

Long days

Awesome job

Loved working for Anglicare. I had a great experience will Clients, Staff and Management. I felt supported always. If you can afford to live when clients may cancel and you don’t get paid for those booking’s ( out of company control) , this job is very rewarding

Pros

Great work culture. Genuinely caring staff

Cons

Wage does not reflect the availability required

Toxic management

There are various programs in Townsville and they are all great with some really amazing and supportive staff The manager is toxic and narcissistic and only has self preservation in mind

Pros

Friendly and supportive colleagues

Cons

Service manager - toxic and cruel

Love AnglicareSA

AnglicareSA is a good environment for me.. they look after their staffs and clients..the environment has been up and down but they have good approaches with situations..

Lousy management. Paid poorly, and treated as just a subject who is contirbuting to the owner's growing wealth.

Don't go there, if you would like to be appreciated as a front line worker of their's, who is paid the lowest legally possible income. You could well be often having to go beyoond your role to solve unexpected issues while in the field, and even though your problem solving was very well executed, and saved management heaps of drama, you would never be given a pat on the back so to speak. Zero recognition.

Very stressful.

This work place only gets worse and worse every day. Under staffed and over worked, so much so that many accidents have happened and staff take a lot of time off either sick or on workers compensation. No team work. Management don't listen or care. Foreign co workers are constantly talking their own language, which means they are probably talking about you, and obviously have no respect for other people. Management and some staff are related so have the "I can get away with whatever I want" attitude... and they do. So why am I still here... only till I can find another job.

Great company to work for - very approachable.

I have worked in the community, going to clients place of residence, from my experience Anglicare are very focused on the clients needs and strive to stick to a regular time frame of service. Love the work - love the clients.

A rewarding place to work

Anglicare has great leadership and supports its employees, clients, and families. Supporting clients with a kind caring heart is very rewarding and Anglicare has its client's needs at heart.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Traveling time can be a challenge at times

You get what you get depending on your team and coordinator as to weather you will enjoy your time with the company (and your own world view also).

With an organisation that is growing so rapidly no one can tell you the experience that you will have. There are some great staff, some great managers, so great stories, but there is also the opposite, and the hard times and lack of support are growing.

Cons

Unresponsive, lack understanding, little staff support

great place to learn things

Great place to work where you can get a better working knowledge. People who work there, are very friendly and always helpful to carry out the tasks. It was an amazing opportunity for me to work at Anglicare as a volunteer worker at the beginning since then I could learn the working environment in Australia and later on I could get a job opportunity there.

No good working culture

They did an extensive interview process to offer me a terrible casual work. The good full time and permanent position were given to their family and friends. I was trying to learn the process very quick and be efficient and they did not like it. The other team members felt treated and the manager didn’t no call me anymore for weeksks. I felt bad and discriminated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglicare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Anglicare with