Anglicare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglicare Employee Reviews

Australia62 reviews
I have worked in the community, going to clients place of residence, from my experience Anglicare are very focused on the clients needs and strive to stick to a regular time frame of service. Love the work - love the clients.
Don't go there, if you would like to be appreciated as a front line worker of their's, who is paid the lowest legally possible income.
You could well be often having to go beyoond your role to solve unexpected issues while in the field, and even though your problem solving was very well executed, and saved management heaps of drama, you would never be given a pat on the back so to speak.

Zero recognition.
This work place only gets worse and worse every day. Under staffed and over worked, so much so that many accidents have happened and staff take a lot of time off either sick or on workers compensation. No team work. Management don't listen or care. Foreign co workers are constantly talking their own language, which means they are probably talking about you, and obviously have no respect for other people.
Management and some staff are related so have the "I can get away with whatever I want" attitude... and they do.

So why am I still here... only till I can find another job.
It is good working there as a carer. Will learn new things. Management is wonderful. Take care of the staff well. I took this job while i was a student.
I love my job which is actually a job share between two depts - work life balance is great for me
Managers are accessible and reasonable

Working in aged care is wonderful
Anglicare has great leadership and supports its employees, clients, and families. Supporting clients with a kind caring heart is very rewarding and Anglicare has its client's needs at heart.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Traveling time can be a challenge at times
With an organisation that is growing so rapidly no one can tell you the experience that you will have. There are some great staff, some great managers, so great stories, but there is also the opposite, and the hard times and lack of support are growing.
Cons
Unresponsive, lack understanding, little staff support
Great place to work where you can get a better working knowledge. People who work there, are very friendly and always helpful to carry out the tasks. It was an amazing opportunity for me to work at Anglicare as a volunteer worker at the beginning since then I could learn the working environment in Australia and later on I could get a job opportunity there.
Management and communicative from Management to Staff quite poor. That is also reflected with Anglicare to clients. This leads to a little frustration at times and can be frustrating. If management has issue come and chat with us to resolve that issue.
They did an extensive interview process to offer me a terrible casual work. The good full time and permanent position were given to their family and friends. I was trying to learn the process very quick and be efficient and they did not like it. The other team members felt treated and the manager didn’t no call me anymore for weeksks. I felt bad and discriminated
in my personal view fan but not productive, there are so many areas that need urgent attention such as salaries, on ground workers' value, to be heard and considered
Management were unfair, judgemental and always sided with a bullying supervisor. But most of the staff were friendly.. The best part of my job would have been the residence I had to provide meals for..
Unusual for a big company but the management was great. Really enjoyed working in home-care with on of the best client approaches a company of this type has.
The village I work in is sound with cooperative colleagues and supervisor.
We have an everyday routine of the function that goes on in the village.

A routine of morning care, evening and dinner. We can experience rush at the very beginning of the morning when it is time for a shower.
Pros
FREE cuppa
they have great Management who is supportive and carig. Great team environment with strong multidisciplinary approach to care. Care is delivered at high standards with staff who care and are cared for.
Top management needs to go their expectations are unrealistic nd they have a blame mentality my position was supposedly made redundant only to be reinstated with someone else as they did not have cause to dismiss me
Wouldn’t recommend it, favouritism, poor management, poor support, no backup for issues no consideration especially lifestyle program bullying nasty managers
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Anglicare staff are all very friendly & caring people you cldnt ask 4 better people to share a work environment with Totally pleasurable experience 4 me ,,My clients were beautiful & some funny stories they had 2 tell never short of a chat Makes me smile
Generally a good place to work. Staff were amazing and always trying to help there clients whatever program they were in. It seemed that more often than not management weren't always there for their staff and backing them. They lost a lot of staff from a couple particular programs due to management. But the staff seemed to love the work and the general working enviroment.
Enjoy my day's at work have a great client's what don't enjoy driving past a clients home only to have to go back to there house due to way schedule is done.
We should be given a list of client each day/week that have to be completed and allowed to complete in the best way that meets both the client & ourselves.

Have client that would prefer different times etc
During my journey of a year in an anglicare I was very Happy working there. All the co-workers in this facility is friendly, co-operative and colloborative. They used to understand and work as a team. There is a cultureal diversity staffs are from different countries but no one ever shows any discrimination among the staffs. Bullying and harrasmment was zero tolerance in this facility. There was a well support from the manager too. They used to see us in between the shifts and get feedback from the staff.