Anglicare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Anglicare Employee Review

Good company

16 January 2021
Good to work for, should ge pay rise every annual review if doing the right thing meeting their wants etc. Need to be some responsibility given to the staff out in the field around their daily schedules as could make it more efficient and save the company money & time.Fuel amount needs to increase also for staff using private vehicles as .73 per km compared to the cost of fuel & wear & tear doesn't cover the driving around we do.
Pros
Have some lovely clients
Cons
Alot of back tracking between clients
20 March 2021
Same role
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Gympie QLD
Unfortunately staff isnt trained to work with cultural diversity. No Reconciliation action plan and when I did ask person in that high department, response was it was out of date.
Cons
Zero cultural awareness
2 November 2020
Same roleSame location
Support Worker (Former Employee) - SEQ Gold Coast
Loved working for Anglicare. I had a great experience will Clients, Staff and Management. I felt supported always. If you can afford to live when clients may cancel and you don’t get paid for those booking’s ( out of company control) , this job is very rewarding
Pros
Great work culture. Genuinely caring staff
Cons
Wage does not reflect the availability required
14 January 2021
Same location
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) - Gold Coast QLD
I worked for this company for a year, and in that year i really cant fault them. They were always on the end of the line if i needed them and they were always fair but strict. I have been a care worker/ support worker for 5 different companies and this one by far beats the rest. I think it's quite well managed as you have Team leaders as well as client liaisons and RN's. They were always great with only giving me shifts during my availability and i did have pretty consistent hours with regular clients i would see. All the clients seemed quite happy too.I left to move on to bigger things and left the care giver role, i would of loved to of become a team leader there but it would appear that the office staff have been with the company for a long time so no available spots at the time. That proves that the working environment in the office must also be good to work in.The only down side to the company was that like every other community care company they can't guarantee stability and some weeks with cancellations my hours would drop drastically which made it hard to budget and survive. The schedulers were always fantastic as if they needed you to do an extra shift they would always ring they never just added it without consulting you first. I worked for the Gold Coast office out in the community.i will continue to recommend this company to all other people who want to become care givers.
Pros
good communication
Cons
no stability with hours