Anglicare logo
Anglicare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglicare

Anglicare Employee Review

Great company to work for - very approachable.

I have worked in the community, going to clients place of residence, from my experience Anglicare are very focused on the clients needs and strive to stick to a regular time frame of service. Love the work - love the clients.

Same role

The best Care company I've worked for

I worked for this company for a year, and in that year i really cant fault them. They were always on the end of the line if i needed them and they were always fair but strict. I have been a care worker/ support worker for 5 different companies and this one by far beats the rest. I think it's quite well managed as you have Team leaders as well as client liaisons and RN's. They were always great with only giving me shifts during my availability and i did have pretty consistent hours with regular clients i would see. All the clients seemed quite happy too.I left to move on to bigger things and left the care giver role, i would of loved to of become a team leader there but it would appear that the office staff have been with the company for a long time so no available spots at the time. That proves that the working environment in the office must also be good to work in.The only down side to the company was that like every other community care company they can't guarantee stability and some weeks with cancellations my hours would drop drastically which made it hard to budget and survive. The schedulers were always fantastic as if they needed you to do an extra shift they would always ring they never just added it without consulting you first. I worked for the Gold Coast office out in the community.i will continue to recommend this company to all other people who want to become care givers.

Pros

good communication

Cons

no stability with hours
Same role

Lousy management. Paid poorly, and treated as just a subject who is contirbuting to the owner's growing wealth.

Don't go there, if you would like to be appreciated as a front line worker of their's, who is paid the lowest legally possible income. You could well be often having to go beyoond your role to solve unexpected issues while in the field, and even though your problem solving was very well executed, and saved management heaps of drama, you would never be given a pat on the back so to speak. Zero recognition.
Same location

Terrible culture and unsupportive management

I wouldn’t recommend working for Anglicare at all. The workplace was incredibly competitive, gossipy and unorganised. And management only contact you to tell you something is wrong, not ask if you’re going ok. Terrible for your mental health and no stability with rosters. They expect you to work ridiculous hours even though you’re contracted to be part time not casual.

Pros

Rewarding work

Cons

Unsupportive