Anglicare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglicare Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

The village I work in is sound with cooperative colleagues and supervisor. We have an everyday routine of the function that goes on in the village. A routine of morning care, evening and dinner. We can experience rush at the very beginning of the morning when it is time for a shower.
Pros
FREE cuppa
During my journey of a year in an anglicare I was very Happy working there. All the co-workers in this facility is friendly, co-operative and colloborative. They used to understand and work as a team. There is a cultureal diversity staffs are from different countries but no one ever shows any discrimination among the staffs. Bullying and harrasmment was zero tolerance in this facility. There was a well support from the manager too. They used to see us in between the shifts and get feedback from the staff.
I worked here for 2 years and enjoyed my time within the teams that I worked with. At times dealing with management can be challenging due to the changes they can throw on you without notice, however there is a great teamwork culture in the organisation which makes it great to work
Everyone is so friendly and it really makes going to work easier. So many people.. most of there are nice except a few bad eggs who are just rude to everyone including clients. Overall would recommend.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Nil
Family support, respite and day program for children with a disability and their families including in house programs community access and recreational opportunities
Staffs are dedicated to help people. Working environment is very pleasant and motivating. Busy always and yet very satisfying job knowing that your efforts, skills and talents are use for reaching out to people who are less fortunate and needs help.
Going to work is an absolute pleasure when staff are able to focus on their clients and give person centred care. Although, due to lack of resources that are necessary to do the job efficiently, staff have their hands tied. Management is too busy trying to restrict the provisions necessary to do the job and there is a constant issue of wasting precious client time as staff are very regularly searching and asking for basic resources. The poor clients have restrictions which compromises their dignity . The hardest part of the job is the frustration of letting clients down due to low staffing and management focusing on "the budget" instead of client care and their true needs. Workplace culture is terrific, I love my colleagues. Also no opportunity for advancement if you're not "a favourite" no matter what your qualifications.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Poor management and supervisors.
Very rewarding - - - it is a very very rewarding experience to help the elderly, to listen to their life story and in some cases remind them of their own life story
Pros
rewarding
Cons
emotionally draining
Lots of changes over the past years, going through a lot of changes still. Restructures are the flavour of the month at Anglicare Sydney.
Pros
Church based organisation.
Cons
Lower salary and always changing directions.
alto sentido de respeto a la muticulturalidad y valores,Tratos con la jefatura de caracter direcot e informal.Excelente ambiente y clima de trabajo
Pros
bonos
Cons
en ciertas ocaciones labores de trabajo riesgosos