Anglicare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglicare Employee Reviews for Home Care Worker

I have worked in the community, going to clients place of residence, from my experience Anglicare are very focused on the clients needs and strive to stick to a regular time frame of service. Love the work - love the clients.
I worked for this company for a year, and in that year i really cant fault them. They were always on the end of the line if i needed them and they were always fair but strict. I have been a care worker/ support worker for 5 different companies and this one by far beats the rest. I think it's quite well managed as you have Team leaders as well as client liaisons and RN's. They were always great with only giving me shifts during my availability and i did have pretty consistent hours with regular clients i would see. All the clients seemed quite happy too.I left to move on to bigger things and left the care giver role, i would of loved to of become a team leader there but it would appear that the office staff have been with the company for a long time so no available spots at the time. That proves that the working environment in the office must also be good to work in.The only down side to the company was that like every other community care company they can't guarantee stability and some weeks with cancellations my hours would drop drastically which made it hard to budget and survive. The schedulers were always fantastic as if they needed you to do an extra shift they would always ring they never just added it without consulting you first. I worked for the Gold Coast office out in the community.i will continue to recommend this company to all other people who want to become care givers.
Pros
good communication
Cons
no stability with hours
Don't go there, if you would like to be appreciated as a front line worker of their's, who is paid the lowest legally possible income. You could well be often having to go beyoond your role to solve unexpected issues while in the field, and even though your problem solving was very well executed, and saved management heaps of drama, you would never be given a pat on the back so to speak. Zero recognition.
With an organisation that is growing so rapidly no one can tell you the experience that you will have. There are some great staff, some great managers, so great stories, but there is also the opposite, and the hard times and lack of support are growing.
Cons
Unresponsive, lack understanding, little staff support
Unusual for a big company but the management was great. Really enjoyed working in home-care with on of the best client approaches a company of this type has.
Planned career change to community based care a real eye opener on all fronts. Client base varies dependent upon clinical/case management. Some brilliant colleagues with genuine client focused care however most often overshadowed by select few that resist. ppathwa
Anglicare at home is the worse section to work for at Anglicare. Too much long hours gab between clients. Most days you work for only 2 hours while your availability with them is for 8hours. Wasting days for workers. And at the end of a fourthnight you will be left with nothing as in salary. Is horrible.
I found it flexible and staff support was great. Your there to do a job and as you have proven yourself to be reliable, more shifts will be given. Being available and reliable is important.
Currently employed with them. It’s a horrible experience, lots of cover ups with middle management. Care workers left to deal with clients dissatisfaction and complaints . Long gaps between clients. You are expected to sign off on a new contract after probation reducing your agreed paid hrs. So many negatives , they are forever advertising for care workers saying that they are expanding , when in fact they lose valuable employees due to their false values.
Pros
Being with appreciative clients
Cons
Everything Anglicare stands for .
Official response from Anglicare
3 July 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Ensuring that staff feel engaged and supported is extremely important to us, as is providing quality care to the people we serve. We encourage you to either reach out to your direct manager or contact Human Resources so that we can discuss this with you. We look forward to speaking with you further about this.