Anglicare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglicare Management reviews

Great place to work. Management is fair and approachable. Staff are friendly and welcoming to new staff members. Workload is tough like any other facility.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Workload
Loved working for Anglicare. I had a great experience will Clients, Staff and Management. I felt supported always. If you can afford to live when clients may cancel and you don’t get paid for those booking’s ( out of company control) , this job is very rewarding
Pros
Great work culture. Genuinely caring staff
Cons
Wage does not reflect the availability required
Don't go there, if you would like to be appreciated as a front line worker of their's, who is paid the lowest legally possible income. You could well be often having to go beyoond your role to solve unexpected issues while in the field, and even though your problem solving was very well executed, and saved management heaps of drama, you would never be given a pat on the back so to speak. Zero recognition.
This work place only gets worse and worse every day. Under staffed and over worked, so much so that many accidents have happened and staff take a lot of time off either sick or on workers compensation. No team work. Management don't listen or care. Foreign co workers are constantly talking their own language, which means they are probably talking about you, and obviously have no respect for other people. Management and some staff are related so have the "I can get away with whatever I want" attitude... and they do. So why am I still here... only till I can find another job.
It is good working there as a carer. Will learn new things. Management is wonderful. Take care of the staff well. I took this job while i was a student.
I love my job which is actually a job share between two depts - work life balance is great for me Managers are accessible and reasonable Working in aged care is wonderful
Management and communicative from Management to Staff quite poor. That is also reflected with Anglicare to clients. This leads to a little frustration at times and can be frustrating. If management has issue come and chat with us to resolve that issue.
Management were unfair, judgemental and always sided with a bullying supervisor. But most of the staff were friendly.. The best part of my job would have been the residence I had to provide meals for..
Unusual for a big company but the management was great. Really enjoyed working in home-care with on of the best client approaches a company of this type has.
they have great Management who is supportive and carig. Great team environment with strong multidisciplinary approach to care. Care is delivered at high standards with staff who care and are cared for.
Top management needs to go their expectations are unrealistic nd they have a blame mentality my position was supposedly made redundant only to be reinstated with someone else as they did not have cause to dismiss me
Wouldn’t recommend it, favouritism, poor management, poor support, no backup for issues no consideration especially lifestyle program bullying nasty managers
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Generally a good place to work. Staff were amazing and always trying to help there clients whatever program they were in. It seemed that more often than not management weren't always there for their staff and backing them. They lost a lot of staff from a couple particular programs due to management. But the staff seemed to love the work and the general working enviroment.
I worked here for 2 years and enjoyed my time within the teams that I worked with. At times dealing with management can be challenging due to the changes they can throw on you without notice, however there is a great teamwork culture in the organisation which makes it great to work
The environment was great and management very supportive. Opportunities for variety in work life aswell being encouraged to try a varity of venues. Skill advancement encouraged and reward for effort apparent.
It’s because of the hardworking dedicated floor staff that Anglicare is able to achieve good outcomes for its residents full stop. Middle Level management & below often choose to seperate themselves from the day to day creating an us and them mentality.The majority of the frontline staff deserve more not just financially but overall from management.
The facility manager is very unprofessional, very rude and she doesn’t care about the staff . She never accept she done the wrong thing . Very inconsiderate and doesn’t give you any options, so unfair and bully. I never seen a manager acted so unprofessional like her . She is very rude , she should not be in that position . A lot of staff resigned since she started working in TSL.
I enjoyed the job immensely , programs were great , but found little support from management! No regular supervision. Never had any clear direction and found some staff very clicky..... culture of bullying that was ignored by management, or even at times encouraged!
Management needs to be overhauled, the staff to resident ratio is difficult. The staff turnover is incredibly high. Three years of working there gave me severe anxiety, but it did not diminish my passion for aged care. Instead it hurtled me straight into the career that I love that is caring for the elderly and being an advocate for them.
Planned career change to community based care a real eye opener on all fronts. Client base varies dependent upon clinical/case management. Some brilliant colleagues with genuine client focused care however most often overshadowed by select few that resist. ppathwa
Anglicare do great work on the outside for those in need however, do not care nor properly manage their employees. Management do as they please, form cliques and are never held accountable for their actions, even when formal complaints are made. Employees get no support whatsoever so many people within the organisation are unhappy and when this is expressed to their team leaders or management, it gets pushed under the rug because it’s not all positivity and rainbows. For a Christian organisation their actions definitely do not reflect what they constantly continue to preach. Very disappointed in the organisation and will never return or give a positive review to those thinking about working there. They should be ashamed of how they treat those that are doing the hard work for them!