Anglo American Employee Reviews

Mining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moura QLD3 March 2019
This mine has a lot of geological challenges. The coal seams are dipping steeply that blasting cannot be done to a level horizon. Give more challenges on planning and designing fronts.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Not enough engineers
Great Team of Engineers to work with
Mining Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dawson, Qld3 March 2019
Great team of engineers to work with. The site has great challenges that make the role interesting everyone. HR systems are not that transparent. Since Anglo is a multinational company, a lot of stages are involved in procurement and other approval processes.
FIFO Project Role
Lead Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moranbah QLD6 July 2017
This was a project contract role which lasted about 22 months. I spent a lot of time travelling to site and visiting the subcontractor SRO in Barnsley Newcastle. Work was generally satisfying along with long hours and camp accommodation.

Building relationships with fellow project workers was important to keep moral up and survive the long hours and travel required to complete the project.
Pros
Good pay and reasonable conditions
Cons
Long hours and remoteness from home creature comforts.
Chpp
LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dawson Mine Moura10 February 2016
The best job I have ever had. It was challenging and I learnt heaps of new things apart from just driving trucks. Great lifestyle and wage. With heaps of time off.
Poor Management/ Nepotism
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Middlemount QLD8 December 2015
Dont work for them, they have bad human relations skills and really dont care about their employees. Bully boy tactics.
Pros
home time
Cons
work sites are atrocious
Hardwork
Mine Technician (Former Employee) –  Middlemount, QLD18 November 2015
Coal mine Culture, Not for everyone. Great wage, Lifestyle change is good for all. Dream job like all dreams they have an end
Pros
Served its purpose.
Cons
Away from family to long
Ok, some good things some bad
Mine Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Moura, Muswellbrook and Middlemount18 October 2015
Work is all about the people you work with. If your lucky enough to be in the boys club youll go places, if not you might as well quit and save your sanity!!!!!!!!!
Pros
money
Cons
isolation
Excellent employer
Surface and Shafts Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middlemount, QLD8 July 2014
Excellent employer. Good working hours. Advancement in education and career opportunities. Excellent remuneration.
Pros
Education and career advancement support.Remuneration.
Cons
nil
Superintendent Mining Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Queensland24 June 2014
Great place to work, good people and ample opportunity to learn and develop
Safety officer
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Moranbah25 March 2014
Emergency response
Monitoring gases at the mine
Movement of men and equiptment
Pros
Challening
Cons
Long Hours no breaks at all
Working at Drayton
Coal and Partings OCE, Overburben OCE (Current Employee) –  Drayton Coal Mine19 March 2014
Becoming a OCE has been great as I get to organise the crews and their equipment for each shift. Then monitor and run the production objectives for the shift. I have to manage the safe production of either coal extraction of overburden removal.
Pros
exciting, challenging, busy
Cons
some difficult people but this is also a pros to learn how to work with them
Productive workplace
Administration Assistant - Legal (Former Employee) –  Brisbane26 February 2014
Would include data entry, filing, organising and updating anti trust compliance, I learnt to work independently and to a timeline. I had a lot of support and the co-workers were great. An intense but enjoyable atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with different departments and taking part in fundraisers.
Pros
Fundraisers
A world wide company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Anglo American Dawson Mine Moura QLD27 January 2014
First thing would be prestart meeting with a safety share before the crew would head into the pit for the day. Was lucky to work in all areas of the mine from pit set up and haul road construction right through to coal stock pile coal feed and rejects, also including dozer push for draglines to rehabilitating old pits working on digger floor clean up and dumps, always have great working relationships with all of the people i work with, from the first day i started in the mining industry i knew that it was what i wanted to do for the rest of my life and i put 100% into all my work remembering safety comes first.
Pros
Rosters, team work, feeling of achievment, machine operating, great life.
Cons
long hours, time away partners and family
I have worked with Anglo for over 15 years and I am happy woking for them.
Exploration Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Middlemount, QLD20 January 2014
i currently work as a safety Officer in the Exploration Dept.
I induct teams. Talk safety. Conduct saftey Toolboxes. Do safety investigations. Conduct JRA's with team members. Check on safety on the drilling rigs in the field.
Pros
A great team to work with
Cons
FIFO- I have just started and I miss my family
Just focused in mining.
Senior Ellipse Functional and Technical consultant (Former Employee) –  Durlas, TA16 November 2012
it is the job that matters and not the individuals. May be good or bad depending on each one.