Anglogold Ashanti
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anglogold Ashanti Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
Fantastic place to gain vast experience in mining. The mine is complex and presents challenges for engineers, geologists and management. Wonderful people to work with and provides a place to grow professionally.
Pros
Good life style balance roster
Cons
Limited career progression for most employees
It’s very challenging and educative working with a AnglogoldAshanti,Safety is always the First Value!!! Diversity of the workforce makes is a learning platform
Great roster 8:6, good camp and food. Pity there is no service bonus scheme or non CPI pay rises. That's not a good way to keep employees from moving on.
Pros
roster
Cons
pay
Great experience and knowledge gained personally, over 14 years service.
Many friends and wonderfully interesting and diverse.

To be a part of a developing mine and the work based cultural changes that are required to adopt and adapt to, were a great challenge that was met with discipline, respect and good old fashioned blood sweat and tears.
Pros
Company is evolving
Cons
too many consultants. Trust and believe in your own employees!
i was trained on Electrical maintenance, wiring of Electrical panels, troubleshooting on Electrical and controls systems, management training on communication skills, team building, leadership skills, supervisory skills machine maintenance and software on maintenance
Pros
Lunches
Cons
In Africa minerals limited in sierralion the company Which I was working under EARTHSTREAM GLOBAL SERVICE. I really enjoy the job for all period of time which I was working with this company
I was working on site, and my job was responsible for the safety of mining workers and is the front line of contact in the events of emergency.
I was a key member of the internal team working in conjunction with an external change management consultant and senior management to undertake high level (business unit) work flow mapping, streamlining of work flow and establishment of management routines, including:
1. Mapping of task level work flow and linking to management level work flow (as part of overall change management project).

2. Subject matter expert in underground mining allocated to the project to provide specialised input for the external consultants and wider change management team.

3. Responsible for identifying key working relationships and work dependencies for the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine and developing detailed business process maps which are aligned with the organisational structure and business requirements, covering high level systems mapping through to task level work flow mapping and specifically detailing work ownership and accountability and the resources required

I learned a lot in my time in this role regarding change management, continuous improvement and requisite organisation theory and application. There were a lot of challenges in this role both internally and externally but I gained a lot of insight in what is required to be successful.
Pros
Good work life balance and salary.
Cons
Limited opportunities for promotion and/or professional development.
One of the tought part of the daily work is to get labourers understand that safety is daily fight.
Getting them to adhere to full PPE wearing is another pair of sleeves.

But my supervision skills the approch helped a lot in succeding.

We have a major part of illetrate labour and the approch is critical in dealing with them; taking in account the cultural diversity.
Pros
No free lunch unless you are to stay after your normal work hours
Cons
Maximum of 10 hours of work are allowed; not more unless breaks are taken
Not a bad place to work at. Roster is good on a 8/6. Job security low atm.
Pros
Free medical, Days in lue.
Cons
12 hour days.
IN the last 6 months ramped up production from 80,000 tonnes per month to 200,000 tonnes per month. Good result very rewarding place to work
Cons
I live in QLD and work 8 days on 6 days off. Fly to and from Cairns to Perth.
I was employed on an 8/6 FIFO roster, flying from Perth to the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine near Laverton in WA. The landscape was fascinating and resulted in a very challenging situation for myself being a Brit in the intense Australian outback heat. A typical 8-day swing would consist of hand-over meetings with my colleagues on the opposite roster, including various staff meetings to outline what is to be done in the forthcoming week. Typically that would involve core logging of a very complicated gold ore deposit, liaising with the contracted drillers, heading underground to check the progress of the underground drill rigs, analyse drill data, plan future drilling programs, and general health and safety awareness. The immediate management (i.e. the Exploration Management) was excellent. Very down-to-earth and willing to give advice to a relative novice in the diverse mining industry, and working tirelessly to get the best for his team. Management above that was relatively separate and worked behind-the-scenes. My co-workers were the best part of the job. All brilliant people. A truly eclectic mix of individuals all striving to help one another to maximise the efficiency of the team. It is a very well functioning team! The hardest part of the job was the very early flight in on a Tuesday morning, and the pretty intense heat for most of the year - all an excellent life experience though. The most enjoyable was the people, but also the opportunity to be exposed to this huge mining industry and seeing how your work helps the outcome of how well the mine performs. Essentially I was exploring - more...
Pros
Satisfaction, FIFO roster, team mates, free meals, free accomodation whilst on-site, just being in that environment
Cons
Long days, early starts, as an expat could possibly be seen as a number