Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation reviews

Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation

Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation Employee Review

Review

NA found the culture of the work place really colleague based and supportive. The Dr,s are also very helpful and insightful about Indigenous health. The CEO needs to be more professional and look at the community and not her own personal likes and dislikes regarding the employment of staff

Same role

Could be a really good clinic

What was once judged to be an outstanding clinic by AGPAL assessors has now deteriorated into one of such incompetent mismanagement that there are presently four nursing positions constantly advertised on this website. This would sound alarm bells in any organisation. Good staff have been let go, constructively dismissed or put on a list of names not to be reemployed because they asked clinically relevant questions not to the liking of the CEO and which exposed appallingly bad management decisions to the detriment of both the clinic and the community it serves. Tennant Creek has one of the highest incidents of DM 2 in Australia, yet the community was deprived of an experienced Diabetes Nurse Educator because she found herself on this blacklist. Clinically unsound decisions by senior management has seen a person with no clinical experience whatever being appointed as acting Nurse Manager. When staff began to raise questions about this and representation was made to professional bodies, a hasty change was made. This time the appointee (to the most senior nursing position is the clinic lets not forget) is the most junior nurse in the clinic with no previous management experience, The reason given by senior management is that they want the position filled by an Indigenous clinician. The consequences of having an inexperienced junior nurse in charge of a clinic whose sole function is to serve the health needs of the Aboriginal community of Tennant Creek will be to the detriment not only of the clinic but most tellingly to the very community the clinic is appointed to serve. Another -

I was happy within my role until position at Level 7 became redundant due to Government Funding.

During my time with Anyiningyi I worked autonomously for a very long period without the assistance of an HR Manager. Prior to being made redundant one was employed therefore my position was no longer able to be funded and the HR Manager had far more experience within areas than I did.

Pros

Living within an Aboriginal Community, and having the opportunity to work closely with Aboriginal employees.

Cons

Did not have the HR support required to complete the daily tasks.

A happy and productive work environment

Culturally responsive approach towards service delivery around the community and has been effective throughout the region. I have learnt more on working with the Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in my role as a case manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3