Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,754 reviews

Great for social interaction, bad pay!

Great place to work if you have a good team, and the members are awesome. However, severely underpaid for the amount of work and hours you put in. I also feel that head office are behind the times in many ways. Money is way too strong of a focus from head office and the expectations of what to charge new members to join are ridiculous.

Pros

Members

Cons

Salary

I love the team I work with they are awesome.

If you love working with people and changing lives this is the place to be. Sometimes it can be a hard to balance the roles and practices but it is a great place to get started.

Productive and fun environment

Best Regional management team and great owner . I enjoyed working at Anytime Fitness as a manager. I have learned a lot and gained so much skills. I felt being supported. The owner and the regional manager always make sure that the staff members and managers are rewarded accordingly based on their performance. I will miss Anytime for sure!

Pros

Social events- Monthly rewards and bonuses

Cons

Unpredictable hours

Great Place

Working as a manager I loved it. I later moved up to a regional and was running 3 locations. Corporate gives you a bunch of support and training videos. The only thing I noticed that could make it bad is if your franchise owner does not understand the business or how to grow it. My new owners wanted to grow of course but didn’t want to take the time to learn themselves how to do so.

Brilliant atmosphere

Wonderful engaging environment treated as an individual and not a walking bank account!Staff make u feel wanted and have a fantastic can do attitude within a fantastic clean environment!

Pros

Nice relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Non

Good while it lasted

You make what it is of it and do the best you can while you will be judged for being who you are. However there are ways of getting around the discouragement with a good attitude

I loved working there.

Awesome employer that encouraged healthy living. I would work for them again. If you enjoy forming and retaining relationships then this job is for you.

Pros

Talking to people is part of the job.

Cons

Busy season is crazy then people quit after February.

Must be able to work with a lot of people working out

I cleaned Anytime Fitness for several months and it was both a positive and a negative experience for me. I took the job on as the weekend cleaning person and within 2 weeks of working there I was put in charge of the everyday cleaning and that was just to much for me with having to lift every single piece of equipment and move in order to vacuum and or mop and then lift and move back. Honestly it was too much for any one person to do every day

Good Pay Positive experience

Over all the pay is above average and the working environment is positive. The hours are ok. The are somewhat flexible throughout the year. They worked well for me but you have to be willing to work a non 9-5 schedule to make the most of the opportunity.No benefits generally.

Overall company was fun

This particular location had too many owners that each had their own different vision of what they wanted to achieve. As a manager I often felt alone and left to answer questions that were for owners who were uninterested in helping. Overall I loved the members and making connections.

Work independently

This job made me learn accountability on myself because I would be working by myself %90 of the time. Keeping the gym clean. Interacting with members. Also members talked about you to the boss whenever he’s around which is quite funny that they try to gossip. I think the one thing that helped me the most was having normal and positive conversations throughout the day is what drove prospects to leads because they would recommend their friends to come by. Every anytime fitness is different but you learn fast that the worker or The boss is what effects it mostly. I’ve had a good communication and keeping up with what was needed.

Fun place to work but no guidance from owner and a lot of promises that aren’t ever fulfilled

It used to be the best gym around the area. Working there was a blessing!! Owner went MIA quite often and with changes going on, it’s not fun anymore. It seems to be all about money now, not the best interest of the members

Pros

Changing peoples lives

Cons

Coworkers

Love this place!

Such a fun place to work! Enjoyed getting to know the members and owner. Family type atmosphere, beautiful gym and made me feel like play not work! Responsibilities yes, but the personal relationships outweigh them.

Excellent Growth Opportunity and Pay

Each location is independently owned and operated, but the group I work for has been amazing. The onboarding process was very thorough and I have been promoted 3 times.

Stressful

All you do is call and call and call some more and almost harass people to come in just so can get paid. It’s more cleaning and calling than actually doing what you love and that’s help people

Zero job security, poorly managed, not client driven.

Good hours, horrible management, money driven, no care given to clients, toxic work environment. Corporate pushes sales that do not benefit the clients. Poorly managed, very poor upper management, no benefits, lower pay, and a serious disconnect between clients and staff.

Pros

Working with members, creating relationships, okay hours

Cons

No benefits, toxic environment, terrible upper management, no job security, sub par pay

work/life balance terrible

Required to work a lot of hours with very little pay. Occasionally they had incentives for meeting sale quotas. There was a lot of pressure to meet sale quotas. We had very little freedom to build personal training programs for people who needed something "out of the box."

Great Palce

Loved working here and was a great atmosphere. People are supportive and encouraging to each other, great place to grow a sense of community and confidence.

Its a good company to work for...

Overall, it is an excellent company to work for. They are franchises and can be very dependent on your gym owner and their attitude/approach to the business. You rarely hear of a bad franchise owner within the company.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Staff turnover

Very well organized and our facilities are great. Plenty of opportunity to get better. The investment of pay in human resources is far too low

I spend 70% of my day servicing clients or teaching a group class. I have good time during most of my day to usually additionally get my administrative and sales work completed. There is not enough investment in the staff from a financial standpoint.

Great place to work if you have great team members

Great place to work if you have team members who are loyal but owners suck, pay suck (no growth), no benefits, and just doesn't feel like a legit job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Anytime Fitness with