Anytime Fitness
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,583 reviews

Great for social interaction, bad pay!

Great place to work if you have a good team, and the members are awesome. However, severely underpaid for the amount of work and hours you put in. I also feel that head office are behind the times in many ways. Money is way too strong of a focus from head office and the expectations of what to charge new members to join are ridiculous.

Pros

Members

Cons

Salary

Poor management and culture.

Lots of promises, with nothing to become of it. Management have their favourites, and all the pro's went to them . Very poorly run gym and beware of sales people. It's all about $$$

Great Community, however owners that did not care for the club made the role awful.

Not an awful role, loved to community and the job itself however higher management did poorly. The club was not up to standard by any means, pay was always late and commissions were never received.

Pros

Great members can create a really fun environment

Cons

Hours not suitable if you have a family, underpaid for what you do. Commissions promised but never received, micromanaged.

Slow-paced and micromanaged

Area managers will come in almost 3-4 times a week to sit and watch what you're doing. Theres only so much someone can do in a day to generate and contact leads. It was nice to be able to train while working when the way was quiet or slow. You'd have the same conversations everyday when the general manager called 3 times/day which became tedious. They made poor decisions to increase rates from $50/month to $75/month minimum for a gym that hasn't been renovated in 5 years.

Pros

Free Gym Membership

Cons

No opportunity for growth

Very good place to work

Great cultural and rewarding work environment. I certainly recommend working at Anytime Fitness. Not only will you learn a lot, but your contributions will be recognized.

Best place I've worked!

Best coworker's, great environment, excellent management. Was a joy to go to work everyday. The company is amazing really (especially Albany Creek). When the virus first broke out and all the gyms closed, the owner did Zoom workout classes for members to join in with from the comfort of our homes. Very friendly and helpful staff and management. I would rate this company very highly.

Pros

Workout after shifts.

Cons

None that I can think of.

fun

good enjoyed it this virus has killed the industry recommend people to work there if they have a passion for fitness and care about making other peoples lives a happier healthier place.

Pros

na

Cons

na

Review

Overall I enjoyed working for Anytime Fitness. All are individually owned therefore no interview or employment will be the same, it depends on the owner and the way they do things. It is a good franchise to work for however some owners are not the best. I had a lot of positive and a lot of negative experiences in this industry/workplace however like I said I think this comes down to the individual owner.

Underpaid and treated like a child

Was underpaid for a long time and also not paid for overtime and on call. Boss was all about pointing the finger of blame at staff and very hypocritical. Also pays people to ring up secret shoper style but they're friends so it's super unprofessional and inaccurate

Was a very nice work place

All nice people, very easy and straight forward, I mainly got too cleaning and helping people in classes but they were simple. I had work at the front desk and that was probably the most complicated one but still easy

Good

R iley I got the shiny charm on ultran a while ago and i have decided to stay one more tho its been along time since they have a look at the gym now g oing

There is no such thing as a Club Manager

I went in to the role as “Club Manager.” Only to find out that I never had a say in the club & was constantly micro-managed. I was just there to be their scape goat - to cop all the bull from members & answer to them when things weren’t up to their standards. I feel I was not paid enough to run their business. Long hours so if you have a family you like seeing, this is not the job for you! You’ll meet amazing people in your members but targets are sometimes unrealistic and you’re undervalued there! Will never

Fun working environment

Great staff, flexible work hours and great working environment. Great pay rate and management are always fair and happy to look after the staff needs.

Fun place to work

Great place and staff are all freindly , helpful , and caring ,the job is very easy to do, and you can do a work out after your finished your job which is an add bonus

Huge potential to be an awesome place to work.

Unfortunately the management of this place is not great, and pay isn't great, but it is awesome to meet new people, and you get free gym membership as a staff member.

Pros

Free gym membership + sociability.

Cons

Minimal uniform given + expected to clean bathrooms + management.

Not a good idea

By far the worst career decision I have ever made. Promised all the support in the world then forgotten once you sign contract. You pay rent and work for free (classes) They are manipulative liars. Your locked in to long term contracts then have to give 12 weeks notice and you still don’t get your bond back. They lie about how many members they have.

Pros

Fitness industry and you make friends with some good clients

Cons

Have to work for free and pay to do so, free group Fitness Classes and free Inductions. A job where you will leave feeling really used.

Gym assistant

Overall l help out at the gym, cleaning and organising the gym floor, paper work or any other client based information. You are in a safe and welcoming environment, creating many friendships within the workplace.

Pros

Great enviroment

Cons

can have long hours

Low paying job for expectations

Not too bad but there are better paying opportunities out there that dont require you to run someones business for them without receiving the benefits.

Not just another gym, its a family!

Club Culture & Customer Service sets Anytime Fitness apart from just your regular Gym. Staff & members alike are extremely friendly & welcoming to regulars & visitors alike. Not just a place to train but a community you want to be apart of.

My Review on anytime fitness

I would get driven down to the anytime fitness place I would clean for around 2 hours go out for lunch come back and finally clean again. Some days I might have shredded some documents.

Amazing team to work in

Anytime Fitness is an amazing franchise to work for. My particular team were fun, motivated and high performing. Regular training and support were given whenever you needed.

Pros

Mentoring programme, clear KPIs, half day friday

Cons

Late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Anytime Fitness