Anytime Fitness

Club Manager8 reviews
Australia8 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,666 reviews

Great for social interaction, bad pay!

Great place to work if you have a good team, and the members are awesome. However, severely underpaid for the amount of work and hours you put in. I also feel that head office are behind the times in many ways. Money is way too strong of a focus from head office and the expectations of what to charge new members to join are ridiculous.

Pros

Members

Cons

Salary

Great members and PTs but off company

This position was me trying to get my foot in the door. The members are wonderful, great to chat to and are a good way to start up a PT business. Being a personal trainer or group instructor is great but management is a totally different story. Company as a whole makes you a fake personality that you have to abide by. Following scripts and hassling people with call after call, even with no answer. Most members end up blocking the number. They seem to be all about the money and it is very well hidden when they advertise. Every other gym advertises costs on the website, Anytime Fitness makes people enquire and then wait for a call. Also this: “Sign up and get a month free” but also pay an upfront joining cost and $60 for a FOB? No other gym I’ve been to does that. They also set major targets for you to achieve and hound on you if you can’t get certain amount of leads in. Oh and I was expected to work and pull in leads on BOXING DAY! Typical American company.

Pros

Members, free membership and superannuation

Cons

Long days, fake personalities, your just a number to them

Great Community, however owners that did not care for the club made the role awful.

Not an awful role, loved to community and the job itself however higher management did poorly. The club was not up to standard by any means, pay was always late and commissions were never received.

Pros

Great members can create a really fun environment

Cons

Hours not suitable if you have a family, underpaid for what you do. Commissions promised but never received, micromanaged.

Very good place to work

Great cultural and rewarding work environment. I certainly recommend working at Anytime Fitness. Not only will you learn a lot, but your contributions will be recognized.

There is no such thing as a Club Manager

I went in to the role as “Club Manager.” Only to find out that I never had a say in the club & was constantly micro-managed. I was just there to be their scape goat - to cop all the bull from members & answer to them when things weren’t up to their standards. I feel I was not paid enough to run their business. Long hours so if you have a family you like seeing, this is not the job for you! You’ll meet amazing people in your members but targets are sometimes unrealistic and you’re undervalued there! Will never

Low paying job for expectations

Not too bad but there are better paying opportunities out there that dont require you to run someones business for them without receiving the benefits.

Very fun place to work for, although work life balance is difficult

Having a work life balance is so important to me as i feel if the 2 work hand in hand with each other you will get the most out of your employee

Pros

fun, life long friends, free gym membership, gym attire.

Cons

long hours and late nights

great work enviroment

KPI targets (Daily and monthly). - Staff interviewing/Staff management. - Liaising with local businesses/ schools. - Pre sales within shopping center. - Membership Sales /Customer service. - All roles surrounding management and administration. - Member retention - Prospect lead management. - Managing emails. - Monthly debt collection. - Management of gym supplies, Ordering gym supplies/equipment. - Conflict resolution. - Facebook Management - Marketing Management, Creating monthly campaigns and leaflets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Anytime Fitness
  • Club Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?