Anytime Fitness
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Anytime Fitness Pay & Benefits reviews: Fitness Instructor

Fitness Instructor73 reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.0Pay & Benefits

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,658 reviews

Supportive and positive culture that is straightforward

I worked for Anytime Fitness for almost 2 years as a coach, and overall was very happy at my job. I was lucky enough to have a team of trainers and manager that were all very positive and supportive. The upper echelons are very clear with their goals and do a good job spreading their philosophies and standards across the board. Fitness can be a very negative space sometimes (ironically), but Anytime was not one of those cases. My one complaint would be the absence of commission pay as a trainer, and I made most of my money on my base salary. While my bosses were very generous and helpful, as a coach that worked very hard and had MANY clients, I would have definitely liked a larger compensation for the amount of money I was bringing the gym. With that being said, it is a wonderful company, and I would return if needed.

Pros

Clear standards, nice people, clean facility, organized

Cons

No commission

Nice place to work

It was a good place to work if you are a self starter and like independence. You set up your own hours and training schedule. Getting paid per client is hard, but it just motivates you to get more clients. I don't think that is any different at any other gym. The management is very good to work for.

Pros

Set you own hours

Cons

Paid per client

Excellent

I am a fitness trainer but i am not a part of anytime fitness some time i was went anytime fitness gym is a very need and clean gym excellent equipment's good staff some time i was join this gym as a fitness trainer

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

The company need to improve compensation to be competitive with others. Badic is ok but reward more on commission for them to sork and aim high.

Need to improve compensation. Especially in Commission scheme, company should focus on education. They need more in depth studies and certifications. Qualified trainers should be the basic requirements for competitive Fitness Centers.

Its a good part time job

Its ok for a part time job but no real money or future .if your not into making sales to get clients its not for you, and if you dont get the clients the standard gym pay is minimum wage

Great

I'm still working there part time, looking for more part time work. Anytime is a great company to work for, I just need more hours and more money at this time

Personal trainer and fitness instructor

Pros: relaxed environment Cons: for personal training it’s 60/40 payout 60% goes to the gym and you might take home 40% assuming the FOB system is functional... No benefits included. Pay your own liability insurance, pay your own cost of all continuing education to maintain cert., pay your own cost of apparel updates from wear and tear... good luck breaking even if you’re trying to be financially independent.

work a lot of hours for free

nice enviroment to work in, only issue is having to work the gym floor and classes for free and they still take 50% from your clients money, as a student the time put in was not worth the money.

Worse job I have ever had

They push way too hard on the personal trainers to force clients to pay for over priced personal training at a cheap gym, they give barely any guaranteed pay to their trainers, they force cold calling which decreases customers coming back and management was just a nightmare. No job advancement, no health insurance and employees tried to throw each other under the bus to compete.

Pros

Worked out for free

Fun place to work for.

Great place to work for, Great atmosphere, the hours are easy to work with because you can do all your family task in the early morning plus they are very flexible with family emergencies. One of the gyms that has decent compensations and benefits.

Pros

Free memberships, start work later in the morning and flexible weekends .

Cons

objections from customer and cancelations.

Fun place ...Energetic....

Its a good and energetic place of work ,,,,I learn from here how to achived my goals ,,,,,management is goood ......Some time Im quietly busy bt I enjoythat moment also.....

Pros

Free lunches and tea break

Cons

Short hours

Productive and fun place with positive work atmosphere

A typical day at work included designing workouts for several clients, checking email and voice messages, and checking in with management. I have learned how to effectively communicate with others as well as how to manage my own time more efficiently. Management and co-workers were terrific to be around. The hardest part was trying to find my own clients based on the fact that I worked solely on commission. I especially enjoyed being around members and co-workers that made the experience much easier to handle.

Pros

Positive atmosphere, excellent management

Cons

commission based work, no benefits

Great Experience

-Creating fitness routines for members -Advising members with health plans -Sales

Pros

Flexible scheduling