ANZ

ANZ Employee Reviews

Australia404 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 404 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,176 reviews

Great work life balance available

Featured review

ANZ selected this as a representative review
ANZ offers its employees various work life balance options. Has recently changed its operating model to be more agile and nimble. Extensive training and support was provided during these changes to ensure staff were well looked after.

Pros

work life balance options

Stressful workplace

ANZ is a pretty good company, that pays its employees reasonably well. However, the work environment is definitely stressful and everything is very fast paced.

Big change

I worked there when Anz went through nwow. Great initiative with amazing commitment and energy abound. Ultimately at the end of it a chap kept asking how we could use jira to show him a Gantt chart of the tribes work. 😳

Awesome company

Working at ANZ is one of the best companies I’ve worked for. The support, managers and colleagues makes it a great place to work at. Pay is pretty good and not too much workload. Also great benefits for being staff, discounts and waivers on products.

Great Career Growth

it's a great place to work in terms of career growth as there are many opportunities, but the pay at the pay when you start in an entry level role isn't much.

I loved working for ANZ

I worked in a small branch in a wealthy area. I loved my co-workers and manager. I especially loved the clients many of whom I am still in contact with. I am also in contact with the staff.

Pros

Good staff relationships

Cons

I didn’t have negative experiences

Great experience, great people, great company

Management really care about your development and well-being. I had tones of support throughout my training period and the branch I worked at had an awesome team. A great company that genuinely appreciates and looks after their employees.

Pros

Benefits, Experience and people

Cons

none come to mind

Good place e to work.

I have joined as a part time teller in 1988 .After one year worker as a full time service advisor as well as incharge for international tranction.When phone banking was introduced ,I was promoted as a Senior sales advisor / Supervisor, few years later I worked in the debt recovery department at ANZ Martin Place, then our office moved to Pitt ANZ tower.I worked Altogether 27 years at ANZ in different branches.I enjoyed my stay at ANZ.In 2014 there was a restructure and I was offered a position , as well as a package. I took the package.

10yrs employee

Started in a junior role and secured many opportunities thereafter . Would say it’s a good place to work as they’ve kept up with the times offering flexible arrangements etc

Productive place and good work environment

Working with great people who cared about one another. Only thing would change is for realistic deadlines. Does sometimes feel repetitive with days feeling like the day before

good

nothing good nothing bad.There are good people also there are not good people in work place. easy going and good enviroment. nothing really hard.....

Family friendly and challenging work

Great people to work with reasonable wages and flexible. Plenty of opportunity to learn and improve skills. Training provided and a lot of support. Room to move if that’s what is wanted

Good company ethics and collaboration

Would recommend- collaboration a strongpoint although work life balance comes with the fast paced nature of the culture. Overall a good experience and learnt alot

Pros

Manager, free hot drinks

Cons

Work life balance

People I worked with weren’t good

Very stressful and no worth the poor pay. Trading was very poor and I was made to feel stupid. The customers were lovely. I would recommend far better trading and making the computer systems a little easier!

Overall good company to work with

Overall good company to work with. Plenty of opportunities in the company to progress. Management overall not very people focused.Can be lost in the many layers of management

Good place to start

Good company to start with and learn the ropes of banking, however there are a lot of policies and processes. Can be rather stressful at times and working overtime to get things done.

Pros

Annual leave, sick leave

Cons

Stressful work

Great work environment.

great clients and great products. autonomous work to choose your own schedule. Love the flexibility offered and the learning portal is amazing where you can choose your courses to complete.

Fun place great colleagues

Low starting salary. Otherwise good training and support. Good culture and career opportunities . Can be busy at times and unhappy customers. Overall recommend

Great culture with plenty of opportunities to progress and move to different segments.

Working environment is generally pretty good with great people and culture (depending on your team). I started at ANZ in operations and over the years have moved around quite a bit and now I'm in a frontline role in Institutional Banking. Salary is competitive however don't expect too much from bonuses.

Pros

Easy to move around segments.

Cons

Bonuses aren't great.

So large company but pay so little

Company so large but always under staff and salary is so low.No growing progress for people who prove their keens and demonstrate their ability to take on.

Pros

Collaboration

Cons

Under staff and low pay

Generally

Really disappointing for an organisation so largeThere was no real self development incentives there it was only for management to excel and succeedThe hours spent, the drive the passion and energy put in to the role we are far from the remuneration received

Pros

Cons

Disorganised, unethical, far from culturally aware, not family friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ANZ
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?