ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

Friday afternoon get together for a drink and snacks
Personal Banker/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  southlands willetton perth wa10 June 2018
Most enjoyable were interacting with customers, and achieving my sales targets, and to balance everyday. Working as a team towards a goal, and to be a teamplayer all the time.
My first proper career path and learnt a lot and met a couple of my life long friends.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaidse7 June 2018
Loved it. Very old school finance back in the late 80's and 90's. I took a little bit to grow up learn the culture but once I was given a serious chance, I progressed fairly rapidly and became a branch manager.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Typical corporate environment
current disconnect to true Customer service culture
Teller- Bank Manager- Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney ,Melbourne , Illawarra Sth Coast3 June 2018
Once an amazing place to work for! Now more disgruntled workers than happy ones based on having many acquaintances over 26 years of service.
Training plentiful, targets mismatched to reality, coaching brutal, no appreciation for long term experienced yet flexible staff.
Get a feeling its out with the old & in with the new staff regardless of valuable input to customer insights, relationships built & returns for the business.
Management robotic, no humanity shown. Shame to see some good people turn this way, I think it helps them to have a lack of conscience to deliver on the new agendas in Banking.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
under value staff & clients
Poisonous environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 May 2018
I had nothing but a stressful experience working at Anz. Staff are trained to force customers to use Atms and internet banking in order to avoid being served in the branch. Unrealistic targets and absolutely no incentive, whilst being abused by management to perform in order for them to keep their jobs.
Pros
Days off, lunch breaks
Cons
Management, understaffed
Great career development
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Victoria15 May 2018
If you have the desire to help customers and the motivation to exceed sales targets then this is a great place to work. Great team environment and every day was different.
Pros
Work hours are branch opening hours
large organisation your boss drives conditions
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 May 2018
As always your direct boss drives conditions. The framework ANZ has in place enables your boss to be a good boss if he/she has the skills.

My personal experience over 16 years was mixed however generally positive.
Bank teller
Bank Teller costomer service officer (Former Employee) –  Torquay VIC5 May 2018
cash handling and customer service based in Torquay with many personal and business customers. had alot of experience with ATM and many tourists being a seaside town
Pros
meeting a lot of different clients
Cons
long days and lots of meetigs
Great Place to work but management is hit or miss
Small Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 May 2018
Unfortunately there are WONDERFUL managers and then there are terrible ones who do not understand the current environment or the managers are too young and inexperienced. These managers are detrimental to the company and the work environment. The greatest managers outweigh the bad. Fun culture and great systems overall. Great people focus internally and externally. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Great culture and work life balance
Cons
Some managers are not great
Productive workplace
Bank Teller & Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New South Wales1 May 2018
- A challenging workplace as an entry banker
- Definitely needed a lot of sales experience
- Work Life balance culture adopting environment
- Have to be very good with the numberes
Pros
Free Staff parties
Cons
Weekend shifts
Good work-life balance
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 May 2018
ANZ is a good place to work due to good working environment. However, there is limited opporunties to get permanent roles and staffs are lacked of securities due to restructure
Pros
Pay and work-life balance
Cons
lack of job security
Operational Excellence Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 April 2018
Fantastic company to work for. Great managers with subject matter experts who are also winning to provide information. Culture is fair and very family inclusive.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Place to work! I would defiantly recommend to join.
Consultant - Credit Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC23 April 2018
Amazing work culture. Balanced work life. Pay and promotions are average. Some issues with forecasting of workload. Job security is a concern, however, you won't be asked to leave immediately like other banks.
Pros
Flexible work place environment
Cons
Bad forecasting
Offshoring and frequent management changes
Fraud Detection Analyst/Sanctions Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 April 2018
There were continued offshoring and teams being cut down all the time. There was a lack of communication and insecurity at work place. There was a lot of disparity in remuneration.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD18 April 2018
Great team to work with, Flexible working hours, great management and team. Very helpful with career changes within the company. would recommend to anyone.
Excellent diversity in opportunity and learning
Manager Strategic Initiatives Delivery (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 April 2018
Practical results focused bank with good growth opportunities
Friendly environment and work life balance
One of the best jobs I have held in my career
Great people to work with
Sales Initiatives Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW15 April 2018
ANZ has great people whom I have become lifelong friends with. I feel the management from the higher ups could improve for the benefit of all staff as there is way too much customer focus and the balance is lost as our staff are forgotten.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management decisions
Branch Network
Bank Teller- Cairns (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD12 April 2018
At ANZ I was a Bank Teller, doing relief so I got to do a wide range of roles from basic Telling , to Foreign Currency, opening and closing accounts, and Customer Service.
ANZ Cowes
Teller 1 and Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cowes VIC10 April 2018
Working at ANZ cowes was seasonally busy. during winter we would have to work very hard to meet our targets.
During summer it would be so busy sometimes we wouldn't have time to sit down and eat, but in saying that I love working when it is busy and fast paced. I enjoyed working at anz overall.
Great place to work and fantastic work culture
Branch Manager (Senior Level) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Australia7 April 2018
ANZ provides great learning platform for employees and help them grow within the organisation. ANZ is bank that provides opportunity to people and communities to thrive.

Develops and supports its employees, customers and communities.
I had fun
Project Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 March 2018
I worked on a wealth project, I worked with a fun team who all pitched in together and made it happen. The Program Manager was great and spent the time to train me to take on a bigger role in my next job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.