ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

not good
Superannuation Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 September 2018
they do not treat you well here and get rid of people overnight for no reason. reading from a script. people are nice but the company isnt. Not recommeded.
Being agile in Banking
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 September 2018
I have been fortune to have a great coach and mentor at the beginning of my career with ANZ. I had my colleagues' support to gain knowledge about products and policies, understand processes and regulations, identifying risk and find ways to overcome them as well as providing excellent customer service.

Due to the great workplace culture and support among staff members and managers, I was able to drive and be passionate about my responsibilities and duties, and were able to join the Management Development Program at ANZ this year that provides me with the necessary skills and knowledge to be a manager and to run my own branch.

I would say that customers are more demanding than a few years ago. Which means you need to build excellent customer relationships, dealing with their problems and provide outstanding outcomes in order to win their trust and loyalty.

As digitalisation is a big part in banking, customers do not walk into the branches anymore. You need to get in touch with them and to invite them in for an A-Z Review. Not everyone is keen to make cold calls.

Our roles and responsibilities have changes recently. Changes are implemented in small steps at ANZ whereas other banks take less time to incorporate customer feedback.
Pros
Building customer relationships
Cons
Products or services been implemented that have no benefits for the customer
Great Work Life Balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 September 2018
Great people and fantastic work life balance. Career progression and seems to be lacking, but isn't non existent. Would recommend this employer to anyone wanting to work in the banking industry.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Slow career progression
Great work Atmosphere
Delivery Manager/Program Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 September 2018
Learnt a lot in this organisation. Challenging projects. Delivery of the projects is never compromised. Its all about process and procedures. Support from the higher management always.
Very grey environment
Senior Software/Database developer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 August 2018
Not a great place to work, big drinking culture.
Lots of finger pointing, nobody is willing to put their hands up for anything.
Dysfunctional management.
It is like a normal place, nothing exceptional.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC15 July 2018
The environment is very impersonal and you don't come to enjoy the team work as I experienced in other places. The facilities are good and very flexible. If you have an open mind then the office can be rewarding like in any other big company.
Pros
Normal staff
Cons
Normal staff
Productive workplace culture
Commercial Settlement Manage (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 July 2018
I have gained experience in all technical areas of lending and banking and have excellent knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
Pros
Team activities
Cons
High Volumes of incoming works
productive
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC4 July 2018
it was very enriching experience to work in anz.got experience of all the important products related to finance industry.good colleague,very tailor made training and call centre experience.
Lovely colleagues and fun place to work.
Title, Customer Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 June 2018
It was a great experience to work in ANZ and I really met some wonderful people there. I usually started my job around 9:00, finish at 5:00pm. We help customers on the phone with both International and Domestic Money Transfers, taking orders for foreign currency and travelers cheques. It was hard to understand some of the customers over the phone a little hard, but became much easier after talking on the phone for a few weeks.
Great place to work, enjoyed the challenge and experiences
Typist / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Katherine NT11 June 2018
ANZ Bank really challenged me in a different field that I had been used to, but I loved the fast pace and the chance to learn about the banking world. I worked mostly with the Managers in the Lending area, and in those days I typed by Dictaphone all the Lending applications and some of the business ones could be up to 20 pages long.

There also a lot of forms that would type for the applications as well.

I also was the main person to look after the very busy switchboard and this was a very busy role as then customer services was done locally. The branch held 4 Managers and 6 Manager assistants plus up to 12 tellers.

I was trained to order cheque books for customers and ordered stationery including banking stationery.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Could be stressful at time with overload of work
Friday afternoon get together for a drink and snacks
Personal Banker/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  southlands willetton perth wa10 June 2018
Most enjoyable were interacting with customers, and achieving my sales targets, and to balance everyday. Working as a team towards a goal, and to be a teamplayer all the time.
My first proper career path and learnt a lot and met a couple of my life long friends.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaidse7 June 2018
Loved it. Very old school finance back in the late 80's and 90's. I took a little bit to grow up learn the culture but once I was given a serious chance, I progressed fairly rapidly and became a branch manager.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Typical corporate environment
current disconnect to true Customer service culture
Teller- Bank Manager- Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney ,Melbourne , Illawarra Sth Coast3 June 2018
Once an amazing place to work for! Now more disgruntled workers than happy ones based on having many acquaintances over 26 years of service.
Training plentiful, targets mismatched to reality, coaching brutal, no appreciation for long term experienced yet flexible staff.
Get a feeling its out with the old & in with the new staff regardless of valuable input to customer insights, relationships built & returns for the business.
Management robotic, no humanity shown. Shame to see some good people turn this way, I think it helps them to have a lack of conscience to deliver on the new agendas in Banking.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
under value staff & clients
Poisonous environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 May 2018
I had nothing but a stressful experience working at Anz. Staff are trained to force customers to use Atms and internet banking in order to avoid being served in the branch. Unrealistic targets and absolutely no incentive, whilst being abused by management to perform in order for them to keep their jobs.
Pros
Days off, lunch breaks
Cons
Management, understaffed
Great career development
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Victoria15 May 2018
If you have the desire to help customers and the motivation to exceed sales targets then this is a great place to work. Great team environment and every day was different.
Pros
Work hours are branch opening hours
large organisation your boss drives conditions
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 May 2018
As always your direct boss drives conditions. The framework ANZ has in place enables your boss to be a good boss if he/she has the skills.

My personal experience over 16 years was mixed however generally positive.
Bank teller
Bank Teller costomer service officer (Former Employee) –  Torquay VIC5 May 2018
cash handling and customer service based in Torquay with many personal and business customers. had alot of experience with ATM and many tourists being a seaside town
Pros
meeting a lot of different clients
Cons
long days and lots of meetigs
Great Place to work but management is hit or miss
Small Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 May 2018
Unfortunately there are WONDERFUL managers and then there are terrible ones who do not understand the current environment or the managers are too young and inexperienced. These managers are detrimental to the company and the work environment. The greatest managers outweigh the bad. Fun culture and great systems overall. Great people focus internally and externally. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Great culture and work life balance
Cons
Some managers are not great
Productive workplace
Bank Teller & Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New South Wales1 May 2018
- A challenging workplace as an entry banker
- Definitely needed a lot of sales experience
- Work Life balance culture adopting environment
- Have to be very good with the numberes
Pros
Free Staff parties
Cons
Weekend shifts
Good work-life balance
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 May 2018
ANZ is a good place to work due to good working environment. However, there is limited opporunties to get permanent roles and staffs are lacked of securities due to restructure
Pros
Pay and work-life balance
Cons
lack of job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.