ANZ Banking Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ANZ Banking Group Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 385 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,135 reviews

Good place to develop

Great support and opportunity to grow, every day was a new dayBranch staff always willing to learn and support the customers needs in all interactions.

Pros

Leadership

Cons

Conflicting priorities

Generally

Really disappointing for an organisation so largeThere was no real self development incentives there it was only for management to excel and succeedThe hours spent, the drive the passion and energy put in to the role we are far from the remuneration received

Pros

Cons

Disorganised, unethical, far from culturally aware, not family friendly

A “do more with less” mantra for 10 years

Difficult working environment where ability to perform and work-life balance is undermined by reduced headcount coupled with increasing demand for delivery. No material salary increase year-on-year. Career progression opportunities are thin for those in a job graded around group 4.2 or above.

Productive and Fun working environment

I love too serve people and would make a big contributer to Ur Sales and marketing team...It was always my dream to work in the bank while I was young...I loved it as I liked dealing with Numbers.n like to serve people with Passion n pride

Pros

Free lunches

Fast-paced and hands-on experience

In both of my roles with ANZ, there was a level of flexibility to the duties that changed day-by-day. The training provided in order to complete these tasks was fast-paced and (rarely, but sometimes) rushed through as they enjoy a hands-on learning experience. The team culture is undeniably lively and fun, which balances the stress of the career.

Pros

Team environment that encourages socialization and group bonding

Cons

Late shifts ending at 7PM

Good job for a new graduate!

It was a good stepping stone for something bigger in the later stages of ones career. A lot of processes and software banking learnt on the job. Some bosses would provide minimal support. On the whole, felt some leaders weren’t there for their trainees!

Pros

A lot of training modules, a decent graduate salary

Cons

Lack of direction with certain managers

General overview

I enjoyed my time with ANZ and the people I worked with until the day I was retrenched. The friendships I developed over the 9 years I was there I still have today being 3 years after I finished.I would have no hesitation in working for ANZ again.

Pros

Flexible work place missed peak hour. Working from home.

Cons

KPIs sometimes unachievable

Great place to work and begin a career. Fast paced but always learning new things and plenty of opportunities for advancement. I worked my way up through the ranks and was there for 20 years. Life long friendships and a wealth of knowledge to take away.

Pros

Experience

Monotonous and cliquey

The role of a bank teller is monotonous and not far removed from a checkout chick.The culture is very cliquey and toxic.Management style is very unprofessional.

Pros

Walk out the door and don’t have to worry about it.

Cons

Monotonous work. Toxic culture.

Relaxed, but undemanding

ANZ is a safe and secure place to work, and not as demanding as other top 100 companies which which l have worked. I found too many people there who were not stretched as much as they maybe should have been, with too many “time servers” compared to othe large banks with whom l have worked. At the top end though they had some outstanding talent, possibly under utilised.

Feels Great working here

Love my job....enjoyed the working environment Leader supports me , listens to my views Enjoyed working for this organization Never would have asked for a better place to work in

Pros

Cant think of anything now

Cons

Can't think of anything now

It’s an Australian bank.

The culture is slightly different from other banks. They’re more focused on clients. Business Bank and Corporate Banking tens to be over competitive. It’s a bank, what can I say?

Pros

Good mortgage rates & credit card rates.

Cons

People in middle and executive levels are not that nice.

changing workplace

Was great to work there during the early stages of my career. Organisation is changing often and at times changing backward. People were great to work along side.

Great staff and customers loved it I really enjoyed the customer relationships and everyday interactions The staff were very helpful with training and building confidence

Strong project Culture.

Several years ago when I left ANZ, there was a strong project culture that operated within a structured SDLC project lifecycle. Project Planning and execution was a feature.

Good Environment to up skill your customer service and cash handling skills

The workers at the branch I had worked at were lovely and so were the customers with a few hand picked out customers that were rude and difficult, management is well managed and everyone helps everyone when and where they can. highly recommend ANZ Wentworthville or any ANZ in general if you are looking for a fast paced on your toes high customer service experience. my favourite part about working at ANZ was getting to know your regular customers and building a good relationship with them and getting to know them all.

Productive and nice people

I was only a trainee at ANZ banks for a short period of time but I enjoyed my time there. Working there was very boring for me personally being a trainee I had to write up reports and very boring tasks, however, from what I saw it is a fun enviornment.

supportive team

management collaborate with each team members to see how you are going and the support you need to keep you in the job. Professional training and given the opportunities to learn on the job. It was great experience and i love the team spirit.

Great place to work for

Management level is not secure , change all the time. direction of the job is not certain. great please and people to work with, career progression is not clear

Productive work place

Fantastic senior management Great colleagues Great work location Fast paced work environment Free drinks on Friday evenings after work Pub get togethers after work on Fridays Great culture

Na

It is a very good place to work. Good salary and equal opportunities is what you will get in this organisation. If you have a good technical background, it will be an advantage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANZ Banking Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ANZ Banking Group