anzuk Education Employee Reviews

Appalling
Integration Aide (Current Employee) –  Australia23 June 2019
I have two issues with this company and one large issue.
1. Constantly being offered work that is over an hour away and requires two trains (and often a bus) to get to.
2. The lack of shifts available despite the large number of schools in the area.
3. The big one... ANZUK recently told me off for not starting work when the teacher wanted me to (15 minutes prior to the start of my shift) even though I arrived at the classroom, ready to work on time (on day 1 at the school I arrived 25~minutes early to allow for extra time to prepare).
I could not believe that I was expected to work unpaid and without cover even though the company pays down to the minute. I now constantly worry that they will give me fewer shifts as a result.
Unlawful and wrong.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unlawful practices
productive, well organize, collaborate, effective communication
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 January 2019
I would not able to start my new career without Anzuk team's professional help, from collecting my personal information to the first assignment.

I have been given clear instruction for each assignment priorly, eg. what to bring, where, and the emergency contact, that helps me prepare for work.

The hardest part of the job is the unfamiliar children, educators, and culture in different centers eg. difficult handling children, different center policies like for sleeping.

I, however, have been gaining invaluable working experience in Early Childhood Education industry with Anzuk education team assistant in the last couple of months.
Pros
Na
Cons
short time notice
A great agency to work for!
CRT (Former Employee) –  Inner East10 November 2018
I have been a CRT with anzuk for about four years. The application and interview process was seamless & the staff are extremely helpful, friendly and willing to help whenever I have needed assistance. After a year or so, I found that I was often booked in advance at regular schools in my area- they worked hard to ensure that I only had to travel about 15-20 minutes from home (max) so that I could maintain my family obligations. This year, I have more or less worked as many days as I have wanted and have been able to use the experience to network in many local schools. It’s been a great option for raising a young family! I have now obtained full-time work with the full support of the agency and I hope to work with them again in the future should my situation change.
Pros
Easy booking and availability systems
Cons
None.
Special Needs/Special Development Education
Teacher's Aide/Education Support (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia8 October 2018
I enjoyed working in different special needs/development schools and assisting students to reach their full potential while acknowledging certain intellectual and physical barriers.
Great....if you can get the work!
Secondary school teacher (Former Employee) –  Perth WA30 July 2018
I’m glad I followed my gut instinct and emailed my resume to schools in the area.....had I not done this and relied upon ANZUK to call me for relief work, I would have starved! I only got 4 relief days for the last semester, yet I managed to work almost every day via the schools I independently contacted requesting relief work.

My advice would be to anyone reading my review is to email/contact schools directly for relief work...do not rely on ANZUK to supply you with regular relief work, as schools only contact them when they have exhausted their own existing relief teacher list. I often felt I was second best...a last resort phone call. I’m happy I contacted local schools, as I have at least 3-4 days minimum relief..and I’m happy at the schools I’m at.
Cons
Phone calls at 8.15am for 8.30 am start.
Uncommunicative
Casual teacher assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC24 July 2018
Uncommunicative, no feedback. Not much work and no explanation as to why regardless of requests for explanations.
Work stopped after I arrived late due to a Metro signalling fault.
Productive and satisfied working environment
teacher (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 June 2018
It’s very comfortable and friendly working environment for me. Only one problem is I have to travel around. I prefer to work with a fixed location and I can organize my children schooling in the future.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Flexible hours
Wjhere did the numerous negative reviews of this company go?
Former CRT teacher (Former Employee) –  Various4 June 2018
How strange! No negative, unhappy reviews of ANZUK Education anymore? They must have taken them down and only posted the positive ones!!

When I was registered with them I experienced consistently poor communication and no following-through. Moved on to a much more reliable teaching agency.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Very good agency for childcare/ kindergarten work.
Childcare Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC18 February 2018
Anzuk do their best, to provide me with work at Early learning Centres and Kindergartens, close to my home. The mobile phone app is a great way, to contact Anzuk regarding my availability. Friendly & helpful consultants.
Time wasters!
Applicant for CRT work (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC12 February 2018
Initially sounded like a great company to get back to work with after 10 years out of teaching raising my kids. Applied at the start of term 3 last year. However, a month after sending in my CV and referee contact details they still hadn't contacted me to discuss my application or had even checked on my referees, so I called them and was told 'I was in the system'. Another few weeks and I called them again to be told 'so and so' was handling my application. Asked to speak to this person but was told she was 'out of the office', so asked to leave a message on her voice mail. Left message to call or email me. A week later and still no contact. Called again, was told another (different) consultant emailed me with a job that might suit me but that I hadn't replied to the email. Quickly checked my emails and found no email from ANZUK at all. Told the person on the phone that and she said they must have got my email address wrong (!) I then confirmed my email address and was told another consultant would call me that week to arrange an interview. Guess what? Yep, you guessed, the week passed and no phone call, email or anything. A few further futile phone calls later (why did I bother?) and I finally gave up at the end of the term.

However, the good news is that I have since got myself back to casual relief teaching by doing it the 'old fashioned' way and just walking into local schools and handing them my CV, referees and availability. The best part is that I don't have to deal with a useless 'middle-man' (or woman!) or pay any commission. TOTAL TIME WASTERS
Pros
Can't think of any...
Cons
Keep you hanging on...and on and on....
Lacking in solid communication
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC29 January 2018
I am disheartened with my anzuk experience. The special school where I worked decided after a while I was not suited to being in a special school. This is not an issue but two months went by and neither the school nor anzuk fulfilled their professional obligation to inform me I would no longer be working there. I kept logging in daily, unaware I would no longer receive a phone call. It was only because I contacted anzuk that I discovered I was no longer required.
I found the sign up process was easy to complete and the people who phoned me to ask me to work seemed easy to get along with. But anzuk only seem to communicate with you when there is something positive to impart. They need to learn the importance of communicating with people when things are not going so well.
Cons
poor communication
Great people to work with.
Casual Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 August 2017
I have joined ANZUK a few month back and found ANZUK a very good and professional agency to work with. Usually receiving calls for work early morning which offering enough time to reach the destination. Even sometime I have confirmed shift a day before or on Friday evening for Monday shift.Their App is great to show availability just they need to update their time sheet submission system..A very satisfied employee..
Pros
You can show unavailable whenever you want, no question asked
Cons
As casual worker you don't know area/ center at start of day
Amazing culture and a wonderful group of people
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC22 June 2017
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about ANZUK. They are a group of wonderful and helpful people who work with you and a school to create wonderful working relationships.
Anzuk
Early Years Educator & Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC11 May 2017
Very helpful staff - always willing to try and place me in a centre that suits my level of experience, but extending my experience as well. Friendly and outgoing staff.
Customer Service
Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 January 2017
I believe ANZUK education has demonstrated a strong ability in communication. Their friendliness and helpfulness has made this communication positive, and they are always doing their best to find work and answer any questions.
ANZUK relief teaching
Relief Teacher (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 January 2017
ANZUK is a casual teaching agency that allows teachers to be contacted to relive an absent teacher. The company were very professional and their website was easy to use.
Professional dynamic agency
Casual Replacement Teacher (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 December 2016
ANZUK is a specialist education recruitment agency based in Melbourne. They hear your perspectives and find appropriate work to match your skill set. ANZUK are professional, fun and responsive.
Pros
you have control over which schools you work in.
Cons
Casual nature of work means no benefits
Horrible
CRT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 May 2016
Parasitic organisation who add no value to the teaching industry. They aren't regulated by the gov. and should be. Call you up and offer a day's work then put you on hold and then subsequently cancel because their imposed ETA for a school call out is unrealistic. Had this happen frequently. When this issue was escalated with management they were totally unapologetic, unreflective and belligerent.
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Impertinent, lack of ethics and professional integrity
Flexible working conditions
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs, VIC1 October 2015
ANZUK is a great place to work. it fits in well with my study requirements and I can always increase or decrease my work load depending on what i have on at the time. Staff are super friendly at the office, the only downfall for me is not having a connection with staff or children when going to the centres.
Good way to start gaining experience
Casual Employee (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC28 September 2015
ANZUK is handy for looking at new opportunities and gaining more experience. I have been to a couple of centres so far and generally had positive working days working as part of a team.