Apl Employee Reviews

great place to star a career, especialy if you like working with people
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Fishers, IN12 June 2019
a great experience, i am happy i had the chance to work for that company. All the customers are important and are provided the best service possible..
Not for the faint of heart
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TX7 March 2019
Not much honesty in this company. They lie to customers and expect the same from all staff. Management once kept a dead dog in the fridge for several days while waiting for the dumpster to be returned. It was alarming.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Scary
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV29 January 2019
A typical day at work was with many blood test, many patients all the time, because in the moment I was working in APL there are not many labs in town, for that the concentration in that place was very important, I learned to work in team, great team and the management was excellent, workplace culture normal. The hardest part of the job was with kid because need more time and usually need help from another member of team. The most enjoyable part of the job was with the surgical patients in biopsies, this area was the part with more relationship with experience and knowledge.
Pros
Lunch normal
Cons
Short breaks twice a day
Land transportation is awful department to work
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN29 October 2018
Union shop. You don’t have to join union but management treats you as if you do. Not good. Land Transport department is dysfunctional right now. Poor moral, high turnover, absenteeism and poor desk level performance. One needs to look at customer service side at a glance and then Land Transportation and it’s quite obvious. Why? Weak leadership. Middle management though knowledgeable of APL processes but possess no managerial skills at all. If you are an intelligent, team player with a good work ethic, look elsewhere. If you are a slacker with no initiative you will be appreciated. Literally no official training. Amazing for a global company of its size. I couldn’t believe during team meeting a co worker told manager she wasn’t doing reassigned work and she regretted transferring into department. Cell phone use prohibited at desk and employees text at desk all day doing nothing while co-workers assume workload. What a mess!
A very interesting place to work
Line Supervisor / Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY6 August 2018
The company was a very good place to work, for the most part. Many of the employees were very conscientious and dedicated workers. many had high levels of experience.
Great place if your a "YES" person. If you think outside the box, you will get "NOWHERE" fast.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN30 July 2018
Have worked at the Nashville office since it opened in 2014. Company does not recognize quality employees. If your tardy on a regular basis and dress like your going out to a yard sale, then this would be the right fit for you. Going above and beyond is pointless as you will get no recognition. Dressing professionally and conducting yourself professionally gets you nowhere. Building strong relationships with your customer base gets you nothing. As a person that has been told by many co-workers, your an over-achiever, gets you nowhere and no move from union worker to an APL employee. Dress code is not followed for all equally. Many times you'll find ""NIGHT CLUB" attire being worn. Work is not spread equally. Your desk maybe heavy and stressful while the person next to you has time to internet surf and read books on their phone or reading device. This is very frustrating and reeks havoc on your own attitude. The union wants a hundred bucks a month for their services. The union picks and chooses who's claims they want to proceed with. Defiantly not equally from person to person and case to case.

Thankful for the time at the company but ready to move on to a NON UNION environment where you can get raises and rewarded for your "over achiever" type work ethic.

Also the interview questions are the most insulting I have ever come across. They only ask you about the negative work situations you have been in. Not one question on your successes, accomplishments or your personal goals. Questions where you may have made a positive impact for the company or a co worker.
  more... They only ask about the negative. How many people make mental notes of negative situations we have been in or even want to keep mental note of such a thing. If you learned from a bad experience, I would hope that you would have the common sense not to make that same mistake again!  less
Pros
pay and medical insurance
Cons
everything else about the work enviornment
Roligt jobb
Museiassistent (Former Employee) –  Arvika11 April 2018
Detta var dock bara en apl, men det var mycket lärorikt.
Pros
Ny kunskap
Cons
För långa "raster"
Volunteering for Active, Prepare, and Learn program
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 March 2018
In my typical day at work, I learned so much about the work placement and the qualities of getting a job offer. The most enjoyable part was making money, but more importantly the strength I earned from pushing myself to high expectations by experiencing life post- education. This company should be recommended for young students wishing to experience similar events, like me and are just as curious as those before them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Strict bosses
terrible
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TX8 February 2018
unfair unappreciative group of people. its nowhere you can grow have a career, but you can definitely make a little money if you want to work the hours
Good company just not enough communitication
Utility worker /fitter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV20 December 2017
Good company .just not enough communication between management and the team leaders and workers,also not enough hours to work .will like full time or part time .
sammanhållande och trevlig atmosfär
Läkemedelstekniker (Current Employee) –  Göteborg23 September 2017
Påbörjar att samlas och går igenom gårdagens händelser. arbetsuppgifterna för veckan står på ett schema som gruppchefen gjort. Omställningar på utrustningar utför vi själva och även blandningar gör vi från uppvägning av råvaror till slutpackning.
Jag har lärt mig att utföra lättare tekniska problem själv på utrustning eftersom man utför omställningar och testkörningar själv. Med kvalitetstänk och följa satsdokumentation och instruktioner är ett måste.
svåraste kan vara tidspressen att hinna färdigt produkten om det tex. hänt något. Och det bästa är att man planerar sitt jobb själv som ska utföras från början till slut.
very good
1st Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maryland21 September 2017
all went well, lots of work and play, work and rest, upkeep of plant, no problems for working people, lots of responsibilities, just work and work, good food.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work and work.
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile
Responsabile di filiale (Current Employee) –  Firenze, Toscana13 September 2017
Gestione e coordinamento delle risorse all'interno delle filiali strumentale al raggiungimento degli
obiettivi. Gestione e sviluppo di un portafoglio clienti, ai quali proponiamo soluzioni in ambito HR,
nello specifico: somministrazione, ricerca e selezione, cedolini e consulenza, welfare aziendale,
outplacement e percorsi di carriera individuali, buoni pasto e politiche attive. Selezione e formazione
delle risorse di filiale, supporto trasversale ad ogni attività: commerciale (acquisizione e gestione ),
selezione (utilizzo di tutti I portali di ricerca), amministrazione del personale (incluso la rilevazione delle
presenze), recupero crediti.
Bad People... Idiots managing Idiots
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CA23 July 2017
Worse company ever worked. Bunch of Idiots managing others idiots.

Unfair environment, union longshoremen making ridiculous salaries with all insane privileges against normal employees earning bad salaries.
Pros
Cons
Idiots management, bad culture
boa
Arrecadadora (Former Employee) –  Viamão, RS30 May 2017
local bom de trabalhar,com refeitório,sala para descanso dos funcionários,vestiário com chuveiros e armários,bem organizado.
Pros
ótimo local de trabalho
Cons
muitas horas sentada
Customer Service Representative
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf16 May 2017
Key skills learnt in this environment:
Patience
Problem Solving
Learning new things
Absorbing information
The use of Positive Language
Reading colleagues / customers (Body Language / Tone)
Teamwork

Workplace culture in generally good.

Most enjoyable part of this role is interaction with lots of different kinds of people, building confidence and enabling myself to develop the above key skills which will benefit me throughout my career.

Less enjoyable part is sometimes dealing with difficult clients.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours
Autista
Stampatore di materie plastiche, (Former Employee) –  Lecco, Lombardia29 September 2016
Un periodo di lavoro che mi ha fatto imparare tante cose e la gestione dei magazzini
Pros
Pasti
Cons
Pausa caffe
Lots of experience gained here but partner got into bad things and abandoned business that I did the hard work to build.
Account Executive / Part Owner (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO26 September 2016
I learned a lot about customer service and the "art of the deal" at this company. I went into this startup business without researching or knowing my partner really well. That backfired on me. I built the infrastructure of the whole business; from locating and securing an office location to furnishing and setting up phone systems and business plan. We got off to a good start by partnering with some large businesses as partners and had revenue coming in and was working hard to build the company up. However, my partner got into some trouble and out of the blue, abandoned me and the business. It was a sad situation since I had such high hopes for my dreams of owning my own business.
Pros
Worked my own hours since I had another career, freedom to build a business from the start and feeling a sense of accomplishment for that.
Cons
Sketchy co-owner, did all the actual work myself with no help, and partner disappeared.
Consulting firm
Consulting Controller (Current Employee) –  DFW, TX17 May 2016
Consultant to clients and consulting firms for SEC reporting - (10Q & 10K) and sox compliance; interim management; oil and gas accounting; audit support and coordination; software testing; accounting reconciliation and financial statement preparation; business process improvement.
great place to work
Manger (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 May 2016
they take good care of their employees. it has great opportunity for advancement. They have a lot of location throughout the world so how you advance is up to you.
Pros
insurance
Cons
shift time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apl. Our community is ready to answer.