APM

42: APM Employee Reviews

Australia42 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Career progression, generous bonus structure, collaborative team

Featured review

APM selected this as a representative review
I was promoted internally from an Employment Consultant to a Business Manager so I am able to speak for both roles. There are so many opportunities for professional development. The workplace culture is phenomenal, but I guess each office is what you make of it - yes this job can get stressful, and yes priorities change as the month goes on, but there is never a dull day. This is not a mundane office job. Bonuses are achievable and generous - and as a Consultant and Business Manager it was rare that I didn't get one. I enjoy working hard and seeing the benefits of it in my bank account.

A hard job

Being an employment consultant is a hard job in itself the bourse where standard and the role was ok but the expectation vs reality was extremely non achievable My manager at the time was lovely but the management of the business itself especially though covid was not achievable KPIS of employment where impossible to meet but still expected I enjoyed the role but as most large companies the expectation vs reality of the role and market was non comparable also there is no pre employment requirement just people skills but you do really need some kind of social degree to assist with managing the mental health issues your confronted with whilst being employed and it’s not something you are trained to deal with

Pros

Manger was great

Cons

Work load was taxing

Achievable KPIs, decent bonuses but management could be better

The interview process was easy. Base pay was OK, however the bonuses were good. The KPIs were achievable. The manager I had did not create the best work environment, however the rest of the team I worked with was good.You're going to deal with clients who are difficult, some are rude, most don't want to attend their appointments.. However when you do manage to get a client a job and change their lives, it makes it all worth while. But that's employment services for you!I left because of a death in the family, which at the time was not managed well by my business manager or upper management. I had to really fight tooth and nail to take just 1 week off. I wanted 2 weeks and only ended up getting a few days off. And when I came back into work my business manager made me feel guilty for taking time off work and making my team pick up my clients. After this, I just left. This was likely just an attitude by the business manager and im unsure if it's a 100% reflection on APM. If you want to change peoples lives and thrive in challenges, then sure. If you can't manage your time correctly or deal with stress. Then APM/Employment services is not for you.

Not sure they pay enough for the stress

Overall not a bad company. A lot of areas for improvement, and the money isn’t great for the level of stress you deal with, but it’s stable work. They invest a lot into employee training though which is a nice point of difference.

Don’t do it!!

If you value your self worth or sanity, stay away from APM! They will crush your soul and smile at you while doing it. Very toxic environment to work in

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Culture, Micromanaging

lunches

I was thrown into the deep end with little support, then treated like a number, not a human being.That's a basic summary. It was hard to find any happy thoughts in there.

Pros

bonuses

Cons

long hours, underappreciated, non-trusting, no empathy, crosses too many lines

Full of opportunities

Great company to start your employment service journey. APM is an exciting and challenging workplace that will teach you as much as your brain can hold while giving you the opportunities to continue growth within. Yes at times like every job it can be stressful and overwhelming but if you're resilient and have a passion for changing lives this is the job for you!

2 August 2022
Thank you so much for your review! It's great to read that even though the work can be challenging, the satisfaction of creating great outcomes with our clients is something you are enjoying!

Great bonus structure, limited career advancement

The role involved building community connections, providing support, working within a budget, and reaching KPI's. I averaged $1600 p/m in bonus’s, I think they now pay bonus’s quarterly. This gets paid in your wage, so taxed big time. I enjoyed my role, and embraced further training. However, was limited in career advancement. I found the company worked on ‘who you know’ and not the bigger picture.

Pros

Bonus structure is achievable - KPI’s

Cons

Limited career growth

Money is not worth the stress

Poor cultureManagement not experienced in managing staff and have poor skills. Priorities change from one day to the next, sometimes hourly. Stress leave should be by way of monthly redo Training should be longer before full caseloads given

2 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and some feedback about your experience or working with APM. Our managers are trained and supported through a leadership development program which equips them with skills to foster positive and productive working relationships. Where there is conflict between a team member and their manager that requires support, staff can escalate their concerns via a more senior manager or to their People and Culture representative.To support our people, we run a 13-week induction program that covers skills and knowledge needed for the role and make sure there are weekly 1:1s between team members and their manager to provide support and coaching. Our Learning and Development (L&D) team are always available to support our people through the challenges of the job and help them learn and grow and we have a large suite of ongoing development opportunities available in the form of facilitator led webinars and on-demand online modules.

The absolute worst company ever. I hate everything about this place and its workers. Everything is bad. Do not come here. Thanks.

The worst ever experience. I hate most of the workers because of their rude behaviour. They never did their job and are atrociously mean to customers on the phone. It is the worst ever place to go to. I would not send my worst enemy here. Do not recommend this place at all.

Pros

Absolutely nothing, It is the worst, Some workers do not pick up their clients' phones! So absurd, I hate this place.

Cons

Everything is bad as I have stated before. Terrible staff and work environment.

2 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to learn that you didn't enjoy your time with us. The role can be challenging, but we believe the satisfaction that comes with helping people make positive changes in their lives makes the challenging days worth it.

Extremely Supportive and Family like business to work for

I have worked on and off for APM for the past 4 years! I have worked in many different offices in both contracts (JOBACTIVE and Disability). Everywhere I’ve worked and my colleagues and management were always super supportive and like family to me! The training and support with learning new ways etc was the best I’ve ever had in any work place hands down.

Pros

Amazing staff to work with

7 November 2021
Thank you for your review! We're happy that you enjoyed working with us.

Rewarding work

I enjoyed being part of the APM team delivering the NDIS. The role was highly collaborative and I felt like the work we did as a team was making a huge difference in the community.

Pros

Rewarding work

24 May 2021
Thank you for your review of your experience working with APM to deliver the NDIS. We're thrilled that you enjoyed sharing in our passion for making a difference in the lives of others. We hope to work with you again in future.

This is a full on job, if you a soft person it will eat you alive.

I worked for APM for a number of years as a DES and ESS consultant ,when there is a good team, it is supportive and brilliant. The KPIs aren't ridiculously high and are somewhat achievable. The team I was in was a high performing team that had good outcomes and while there was some turn over the core of the team was strong. Some of the role is incredibly rewarding however if you are an overly sympathetic person you will fail, there are a lot of people who really are capable of working but just dont want to. That being said there are a lot of people who aren't job ready. APM gives you a chance to prioritise job ready clients and focus on supports for those who have more complex issues. The place is a little micro managed the upper management tend to just leave you alone, if you are doing your job. The targets are reasonable and the case load is a manageable. If you are a soft person with a bleeding heart this job is not for you. If you are an arrogant snob who likes to treat people like dirt, also not for you. If you want to help people and have a bit of backbone (and can see when someone is pulling your leg) this is a great role. It's a challenge and the only reasons I left was I needed a better work life balance and wanted a bit more money.

Pros

Can be rewarding, decent pay, of you are good, the bonuses are awwome.

Cons

No work life balance, taking people to job trials on a Saturday night, 6am interviews, distress calls at random times.

28 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience working with us.

Pathetic

Tedious place to work, no professional development at all. Managers usually have no qualifications and get no training in how to properly manage staff. Couldn't care less about quite reasonable concerns and complaints from staff and their treatment

Pros

Mileage

Cons

Staff churn and burn

28 February 2021
We're sorry to read that your experience of working with us was not enjoyable. Our managers are trained and supported through a leadership development program which equips them with skills that enable positive and productive working relationships. Where there is conflict between a team member and their manager that requires support, staff can escalate their concerns via a more senior manager or to HR.

Great company to work for with even better career progression.

At APM you are surrounded by like-minded individuals that are all working together to enable better lives. The opportunity for individual growth is great and the team are extremely supportive!

28 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took to share your positive experience with us.

Tough but rewarding

I've been working for APM now for 6 months and it is a tough job, and some days can be hard - but the work is very satisfying. I've helped some people out of really tough situations in life and now they are working, earning a living for themselves and living independently. There's a lot of sales/marketing so it helps if you are someone who is not shy and enjoys the chase - you have to find employment for people and that means making approaches to businesses/employers and 'selling' your candidate to them.

Pros

Rewarding work, supportive management

Cons

Can be stressful, challenging customers

Poor work environment

Very poor work environment with management that use and abuse power and create undue stress for their employers.they also create an unsafe work environment endangering the safety of staff and not delivering on promises to staff about career progression.

Productive workplace

Very busy work place, Meeting clients face to face or having phone conversations Speaking with employers either about current positions available or clients who are in employment and completing follow ups

Pros

Bonuses

APM - Working as a DES consultant

Rewarding job over all. However, the company would not continue to employ me after my visa class changed from bridging partner to student visa, despite many attempts to stay hired as a part time employee.

28 February 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took to share your positive experience and regret that it wasn't possible to continue working together after your visa changed.

Mentally and emotionally draining

Stressful environment - Made to harass clients and employers to achieve Placements and claims Management unfair - Does nothing but fire away orders and works remotely so bare minimal contact No team culture Bonuses not paid - Ignored emails. Bullying Near to non training. Favouritism by management

Even down to the review they tell you what to do rigged

Avoid this employer like the plague, APM is the worst place i have ever worked no real business ethics, don't really care about the real aim or purpose they are trusted with all they care about is the KPIs any one with morals would give this employer a wide birth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare APM with