Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

APM Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Fantastic Job
Positive and motivational environment. Oppurtunies for training and advancement. Extremely accomadating and approachable management. Great company to work for.
Pros
Friendly workplace, great management
Cons
Pay isn't great.
Cleaning toilets would be more satisfying then working here
Worst experience of my working life (20 years in the industry).
Management are arrogant, dismissive and believe they are part of an elite cult.

You will be treated like a number and you will have unrealistic targets.

I hope this organisation loses its next tender to deliver Employment Services.

You have been warned - Don't go there. (even if your desperate)
Terrible and dishonest - Government monies wasted
Extremely high turnover of staff. This is considered acceptable. Bullying culture. Untrained staff. Management who do not care. The Government should look into this blatant squandering of tax payer monies. I feel for JobActive seekers, who are forced to deal with them.
productive
packing and labelling the product that have arrived at the warehouse.sorting the medicines out and place them in a proper order.general laboring duties.
Mentally and emotionally draining
Stressful environment - Made to harass clients and employers to achieve Placements and claims
Management unfair - Does nothing but fire away orders and works remotely so bare minimal contact

No team culture

Bonuses not paid - Ignored emails.

Bullying

Near to non training.

Favouritism by management
Even down to the review they tell you what to do rigged
Avoid this employer like the plague, APM is the worst place i have ever worked no real business ethics, don't really care about the real aim or purpose they are trusted with all they care about is the KPIs any one with morals would give this employer a wide birth
Poor and unfair management
Poor training little to non, expected to meet KPI when not shown how, upper management was poor unjust and unfair while completing KPI, harrasment and just poor overall work life coming home not knowing if you have a job the next day.

Also management explaining to you.on the first day that everyone is replaceable
Not good at all
Very unsupported and the managers are non responsive would not work there for them they throw you in the deep end and leave you to drown reception job would be the best
Poor lose Management
Poor lose management. Breeches of privacy not handled in accordance with government legislation. Favouritism with staff from regional/ branch manager allowed staff member to do what ever she wanted including bullying towards other staff members. Complaints from clients about said staff member not handled appropriately, again management allowed her to get away with everything.
Really disappointed.
I was under the impression that I could actually support clients with disabilities in gaining employment. This takes time and many clients are not job ready and need support and patience, and help to get to the point where they are job ready. Unfortunately while the DES Employment Consultants understand this, the Management Staff are not interested and are more concerned with KPI’s and Star Ratings. Staff are treated with no respect and their opinions are not taken into consideration which is a shame because some of the staff are amazing and you’ll lose them.
Worst job of my life
No support. You get spoken to like absolute dirt. Management look down on you. Biggest staff then over ever. I started in August last year and nearly everyone had resigned so they hired new people and I quit in July this year and now it’s happening again. They can’t keep staff. Maybe that’s something to think about.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
As above.
DES Consultant - stay away from this employer
Horrible place to work.
Micromanaged

All about anchors and bully tactics

Money money claims

Harassing employers

Unethical and not compliant

Management is horrible and bully staff

Lack training

No respect for employees

High performers overlooked

Don’t utilise staff potential and qualities
Pros
Cons
Everything and don’t pay well
One star is too high for this organisation
Management bullies staff all the time, not conducive to a good work place.
Staff turnover at the office I was - 27 people came and went over the course of 2 years.

The total number in the office was 8

Job insecurity

Expected to be there for 10 plus hours per day.

The only thing they care about is $$$$

Management will change and rewrite your reports and you suffer the consequences
Pros
Not much at all
Cons
Bullying and intimidation of staff
Professional and Staff Orientated
Great organisation to work for, caring to their staff and are invested in development of their teams in order to maintain superior performance.

13 wk induction/training process and hands on mentoring directly with your manager.

Fast-paced office environment and ongoing strategic direction needed to be successful in these roles.
Pros
Great organisation
Student
I studied at APM, and felt like they provided lots of help that could help in my future, depending on what park of Marketing I wanted to go to.

One subject I particular enjoyed was Marketing Consulting, and I was able to work with a client and pull apart his business before making some suggestions to build his clientele for the future.
Engineering Store Duties
Really enjoyed my 34 years at maryvale it was a rewarding and exciting and a fast pace environment, the work group were a real team which made task easier and rotated monthly on different jobs which were challanging
Pros
meet and greet new people
Cons
difficult managers
very productive, fun environment
APM is also a very large company in the DES sector, with many government contract to deliver their services to all areas in the major capitals. during my time with APM I enjoyed my work due to the satisfaction of helping people with needs to gain employment. the software was easy to follow for and training was a very common event, with trainers that had plenty of experience in the field.

The management was less experienced at people skills, but they were experienced at the job of DES provider.

The hardest part of the job was to get employers to commit to employing a person from the DES network, due to an over supply of DES providers, and lack of customer service from each provider after placing a jobseeker, but when the jobseeker was happy, the employer usually was happy also, and the rest was very rewarding.
Pros
lots of community events, and training
Cons
The reputation of a lot of DES providers, meant it was a very hard task to get employers to commit to employing someone with a disability.