Applied Medical
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Applied Medical Employee Reviews

Applied is a manufacturing company that happens to have a field sales force, and it shows in how they managed us. This was my first medical device sales job and a great experience, but it wasn't a long-term career move. Here's a few key takeaways:

- We were expected to sell a product that had no chance of being trialed off GPO, and management's best response was "if the physicians want it bad enough, they will sign this form and the hospital will eventually cave. We can beat the GPOs like we did with trocars in 2008." It isn't 2008, it was 2018.

- Field sales trainer told my class that robotic surgery is a fad

- Expected an overworked MD to care about the shareholder value myth and the company story instead of meaningful product innovation

Pros
Great first medical device job, exposure to various surgical specialties
Cons
Long-term vision, management out of touch with reality in the field
Empresa americana con liderazgo local carente de conocimiento de mercado ni dirección en donde el estilo de trabajo es mediante micromanagement y no midiendo resultados. Pésima relación entre vida / trabajo en donde se exige trabajar horas extras y fines de semana y no hay reciprocidad en pago de las horas extras ni tolerancia a necesidades personales de los trabajadores.
Pros
Salario y prestaciones competitivas
Cons
Falta de dirección, claridad del rol y liderazgo, micromanagement
I really like working for Applied. The company is very employee friendly. There are bonuses every now and then. My co workers are always helping me when i need it.
Pros
bonuses, overtime
Cons
low salary
Not for experienced professionals. No one experienced applies for a job here. All new grads and they leave after 2-3 years. So sad as they invest a lot on training to try to keep people.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Too many to list
Company sells widgets at a discount bc of in-house vertical integration Applied could be a great place but owners/ upper management don’t want to pay and have the worst comp plan I have ever been a part of Tier system of product compensation that changes and they have negative compensation if tier doesn’t grow The unfair part your negative % can be more than you made the qtr before
I experience an excellent vibe at Applied Medical. The growth, its challenges, and dynamics are appealing to me. The culture is friendly and inclusive. The company and teams are quite diverse because of the vertically integrated business model. Working in a growing organization can have its challenges, but overall the balance is definitely very positive.
Overall good culture, fast paced, competitive working environment. If you have a good manager opportunities exist for growth and advancement. Contracts can block sales, but there are ways to overcome that.
The company is very thoughtful. It's fun working with a lot of different races and everyone is treated equally. They don't only think of the customers but also the employees and the products.
I worked closely with my supervisor and engineering to produces prototype parts for medical instruments.
I learned how to set up and run a 7 axis millturn cnc machine.

The culture is pretty good at Applied Medical. The owner offers alot of program for the employees such as: Weight Watchers, physical fitness classes, etc...

The owner also does alot for the community, he is hge on philanthropy.

I enjoyed working at Applied.
Absolutely the worst place to work there's no getting ahead no chance for advancement and they hang out in little cliques if you don't fit in they won't work with you so I left
Team member who work at Applied Medical are very well discipline and hard worker employees. I salute everyone for a hard work and very diligent with their job.
Ik zou niemand aanraden om hier te gaan werken. Bij de meeste bedrijven ben je een nummer, hier ben je onzichtbaar.
I would not recommend this company. There is very poor management at AMP Department. Manager is looking team members mistake at all times. This manager always like to fired team members with unreasonable situations. This current AMP manager does not have knowledge to run the floor and has poor vision.
Bij Applied heb ik de mogelijkheid gehad om echt te groeien binnen het bedrijf. Besluiten worden gezamenlijk gemaakt en er wordt veel input gevraagd van de teamleden. Ik werk met diverse afdelingen en nationaliteiten samen en geniet hier elke dag van! Vanuit het bedrijf wordt veel geinvesteerd in sport- en team activiteiten. Ook vrijwilligerswerk wordt positief gestimuleerd. Fijn om te zien dat de missie van het bedrijf door zoveel mensen wordt gedeeld.
De werksfeer is cooperatief en optimistisch. Applied Medical is een erg diverse organisatie waar teamleden met veel verschillende nationaliteiten onderdeel van zijn. Omdat Applied Medical alle aspecten voor de productie van medische instrumenten in eigen beheer heeft, is er ook diverstieit in de posities die aangeboden worden en, meer dan bij andere organisaties die maar één ding doen, mogelijkheid tot groei of een ander soort functie te gaan doen.
Het is een groeiende organisatie waar veel verandert en verbetert. Dat vind ik persoonlijk als werkomgeving erg interessant, al weet ik niet of dit voor iedereen geldt.
Mensen met donkerhuids kleur zijn met worden niet goed behandeld. Jammer vind ik het
The age range at the job was very diverse. There were young engineers up to seasoned staff engineers even on one team. Management was tight but made sense due to the time and resource constraints of the company engineering projects.
If you are a brand new engineer this is a good place to get some experience. Applied is somewhat of a revolving door and you probably shouldn’t plan to stay for longer than 2 years.

Get the most out of your time there in your 2 years. Take that experience and get a better paying job. There’s plenty of places nearby that will pay better and happily accept you after you’ve gained some experience, confidence and skills at applied.
hier mag je niet praten en niet lachen. je mag geen makeup, geen neppe wimpers. geen neppe nagels ook geen nagellak en nee ook geen doorzichtige lak! je mag geen kleren met bont, gaten, scheurtjes, raffels of glitters. mensen op kantoor bepalen of je blijft

Dit bedrijf is een Amerikaans bedrijf en zoals we allemaal weten hebben Amerikanen een bepaald systeem.
Pros
goed betaald
Cons
je verkoopt je ziel
Official response from Applied Medical
9 April 2020
Thank you for your review on Indeed. Applied Medical is a company in the medical sector. Our products are used during hospital operations. For the safety of the patient it is important that our products are as clean as possible, which is why we work in a so called cleanroom. In a cleanroom, things like: fraying clothes, makeup and jewelry are not allowed, because these may release particles that may end up on or in the products. The importance of a clean environment for patient safety is laid down in rules. We tell these rules in advance to everyone who comes to work for us. If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to contact us via contact-europe@appliedmedical.com.
Before you start, you need to watch videos and take quizzes to operate the machines. Once you start working on the machines it gets easier once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Late Shift
Applied is a nice place to work, but limited by being a privately held company. Because they are privately held they have the power to essentially do whatever they want with employees.