Apprenticeships QLD
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Apprenticeships QLD Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
I like the 18 week course we had hands on with the tools and work as a group helping each other get the job done fast and safe. The supervisors were nice as well
Great learning experience and overall a great company I enjoyed working for. I learned a lot over 18 weeks and it got me into the habbit of waking up and getting to work on time every morning. It was also really nice getting to see all of your hard work pay off as part of the reward is being able to stand back and look at the work you have achieved for the day.
Pros
work ethic
Cons
n/a
It showed me some experience and different positions and types of work that there actually is. Made new friends and got more experience in painting and building
I worked at AQ for almost 7 years and worked my way from an Employment Consultant up to Construction Team Leader, I was given opportunity twice to temp/fill in the role of Employment Services Manager as well as being given opportunity to project manage the 2011 Flood Relief program in Ipswich and surrounding communities.
Pros
fun atmosphere, opportunity to make a difference to peoples lives. local presence.
Cons
sometimes it got hard to find workplaces for apprentices, during times like the floods and GFC, often apprentices and families felt like we weren't doing enough for them.
* Work with great group of people
* I'm learning every day

* Most enjoyable part of my job, pretty much everything

* Quality apprentices become qualified

* Ongoing apprentice and trainee support

* Mentoring and monitoring
Pros
Only the best
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Was a very well constructed course with good trainers, and had a lot of good opportunities able to learn many new skills, learning everything from how to use new powertools
Main job to complete this certificate was to help in the renovation of an old scout hall, knocking down and replacing walls, painting.
Laying concrete to create pathway around building.
Pros
sometimes put on BBQ lunches
Cons
did not enjoy the painting parts
4 years and finished my apprenticeship. I learnt so much about my trade and how to be best tradesperson. Great support after finishing my trade & getting ABN. Thank you Apprenticeships Queensland for the support and advice over the 4 years.
Pros
Great to work for, weekly wages, good mates
the trainers are extremely friendly and help you learn necessary skills, but they do not aid employees in finding an apprenticeship like they promise.
Pros
great trainers
Cons
bad management
Reception, customer service, phone answering and transferring. Sales admin support. Sign ups, completions of apprentices and trainees. College arranging.
Pros
Great workplace and people
Cons
N/a
Good salary was provided as part of the apprenticeship but a constant change in management was at times difficult. Also, due to the hiring of too many apprentices, there was difficulty in job placements for a period.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Unreliable
would start at 8:30am had a diary of list of jobs which had to be done, and whilst doing those jobs if a customer walked in would serve them wether it be cause they were looking for a bike or wanting to get a service done. would pack up at around 5pm and finish at 5:30pm
i learned how to use a variety of different tools specifically for bicycles and also customer service and some managment skills
Pros
i like working with bikes as i ride freestyle bmx aswell and cheaper parts on bike gear
Cons
long hours and started later i like early morning starts and early afternoon finishes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apprenticeships QLD. Our community is ready to answer.
Apprenticeships QLD Reviews by Location