Arcadia Group Employee Reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 1,960 reviews
Great work environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW19 May 2019
Loved working for TOPSHOP, the environment and management were amazing. Extended my knowledge in retail as I was in fast- paced and 'stressful' situations which the team and myself overcame and still provided amazing customer service
Pros
Great management
Cons
Great and Reputable company to work for
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitt Street NSW15 July 2018
I had an enjoyable experience with Topman however this came to to an end after Christmas a the commute took a toll on me. the environment is so lively and energetic in which I love and enjoyed the most. A typical day included handling stock, opening or cashing up tills at end of day, and most importantly being able to help such awesome people on a daily basis via exceptional customer service!
Fellow workmates made the place enjoyable but management was appalling
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 January 2018
The company had a decent structure four years ago with staff benefits and work/play culture, however overtime in the last year or so, there have been many changes to management, and on many occasions a lot of oversight happened in regards to staff rosters, progression and events held. Probably around 8 team leaders have gone through the last two years, and three major changes in high management. After the voluntary administration, a lot of staff had little to no faith in the company and about 90% of staff left. This says a lot about how the company was structured and permanency and security of their jobs. Incentives were a rare sight as they held full timers and part timers usually in higher respect than casuals. Benefits were shabby, as we were only offered a maximum of 30% off full priced items and 15% off brands we carried; useless as sometimes the public were offered 30% off items as well.
Pros
Workmates
Cons
No security of rosters, no permanency
Good place for people who are looking to work overtime and get extra money for extra hours
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Welshpool WA26 October 2017
Busy company, whose staff changes very often. They do not require anything from you before start working in the company. Had to complete only the workpkace safety induction application form.
Pros
Higher pay for overtime
Cons
10 hours a day acceptable minimum length
Customer service based enviornment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 February 2017
Here I learned great communication skills, a great knowledge of the company and its background. The management team is strong and very hard-working. A typical day would consist of great customer service, operating tills and keeping the maintance of the store at a high standard.
Fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW29 January 2017
Great management and fun workplace culture
most enjoyable part was making friends with the other employees
the hardest part was meeting sales targets.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant/ Stylist/ Trend Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC14 November 2016
Love working for this fashion forward company. The opportunity to style customers and gain fashion knowledge is great and well appreciated. Fun team to work with too.
Voluntary postion
second hand shop (Former Employee) –  Craigmore SA6 February 2016
Mostly good people to work with, I was involved in mainly sorting of clothes and goods, pricing clothes and goods. As this was only a temporary position to help out in the community and give back to those organisations that had helped me out in my youth and to learn the retail side of what happens in the retail side of stock receiving and shop displays. The people there also helped me through some tough times that i was going through at the time.
Friendly workers and fun job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 December 2015
I enjoyed going to work every day knowing that who I was going to be working with would make it fun and easy to be around. There was a great culture within our store and I believe the whole company. The managers were friendly and understanding. Overall it was a great place to work.
Nice workmates, lots of friends
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney17 September 2015
I worked there just in part time (because, I had a student visa there). Sometimes I had to work on weekends. The work was not too hard for me and I enjoyed that my workmates from all around the world. (mostly asians) I learned quickly my tasks and my manager was helpful with us.
Efficient
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC24 February 2015
At The Top Shop I stacked shelves with food as well as DVD's, took phone orders for fish and chips. I was in charge of ordering stock and accepting deliveries. I assisted in the cooking of food as well as mainly serving the customers.
I learnt phone skills at this jobs, and how to present stock nicely
Pros
Experience
Cons
Far away from where I live
Volunteer Overview
2 days per week as a volunteer (Former Employee) –  Craigmore, SA24 August 2014
Would arrive at 9am and sign in. Get to work either restocking the shock racks or Put clothes out on racks, also wait for customers at the counter. I learnt how to approach and handle customers. Plus dealing with money handover from customer to employee. The co-works that I worked with were fantastic at welcoming new volunteers to the business. They are very easy going people who love to help out others. The hardest part of the job was counting the prices up, as sometimes I didn't have a calculator nearby, but I improved my maths skills as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting the customers and helping with their purchases.
Pros
Flexible hours