Arcare Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Arcare Aged Care Employee Reviews

Australia51 reviews
supportive team but not well in managing or scheduling shifts
some time hard to communicate due to different view

indirect phone which could lead to misunderstanding
Worked there for a few months, always understaffed, and often nil replacement could be found, the staff agency was never called to replace staff. Very stressful. Management is ignorant and rude to staff. Workplace bullying from colleagues is usual.

I felt super stressed before and after work. I went to work thinking about if we had enough staff. I went home unable to wean down from the stressful shift. I cried many many times. On the first shift, I did not have a chance to have a toilet break, it was that busy, I was asking the staff where was the toilet on the second day.

Leaving Arcare Glenhaven was a no brainer decision.

I felt bad for the residence. Due to the above-mentioned issues, clinical care is like a lottery. You are lucky if the RNs followed up the job properly, or you might miss your antibiotic by a few days. Yet management is not doing anything about it. Care manager is more like a Non-care manager.

staff between shift had only 15 minutes to Handover care of 120 residents. Management said this was because scientifically our brain started to wander after 15 minutes. So either staff rushed through the handover to finish on time, making the risk of missing information extremely high or stayed back to do it properly, unpaid.

Some staff are very good at their job but felt very unsupportive from the management. Because of understaffing, they were often the ones who had to cover the extra workload, yet no extra pay.

The worst company I have ever worked with and will not recommend it to anyone.
Pros
five star facility
Cons
Poor care, often understaff, minimal pay, overworked. Toxic environment
Some colleagues are nice but the uncertainty in working schedule, difficulty or non-allocation of tools, less training and lack of guidance in onboarding makes the overall experience less than promised.
Under Staffed
Staff not valued

Excessive Workload

Budget focused, not consumer focused

Poor management

Poor support

No opportunity for growth

Poor training
Pros
Free coffee when a good comment form received
Cons
Reduced working hours with increased work load
Arcare is a very clean and professional environment to work in and practices safe and fair work .
It is 5 star and you have to give 5 star service .

They have regular training and meetings
I was bullied and they decide if your face fits.
They made my life a misery and it gave me dreadful anxiety which I now have permanently. I was so dissappointed. It was a dream place to work before I actually went there. No management support.
Managemt dont care they just like to cut back hrs on nurses to save money then thdy complain when they cant fill shifts . The hardest part is eor6kjjng in dementia unit which if yr injured by a certssin resident its all ok or groupped tgsts alddo fine we just gave to put up with it
Looking for work elsewhere currently because I have been working here for a year.It's not 5 star. Royal commision should come look behind close doors!
Fast Paced Workplace. You must be a very quick cleaner in order to succeed at this workplace. I found it stresful and i believe their understaffed and need more staff to share the load.
I got an opportunity to learn in kitchen with cooperative staff and management.
I learnt time management skill to finish my work within time frame.

I learnt clinical skills
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arcare Aged Care?
Toxic management, very political. No support, treated ruthlessly with no respect given. Unorganized, expected to do your job and others. Rarely had time for lunch. Other co workers too scared to speak out in fear of losing their job. Worst experience ever. Disposable if you supposedly don't align with their values never mind that management dont! More respect and care given from clients.
Working at Arcare was fast paced but satisfying. Enjoyed working with my staff, Hours suited my lifestyle and family commitments. I was employed in the Memory support unit and found that to be a challenge but satisfying in role as an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse
I have never experienced such bullying and intimidation in almost 40 years.
Terrible place.

No support.

Poorly designed.

Two levels of care.

Understaffing
Here I learnt a lot through the constant care of my RN & EN, by my side and also giving me daily advice. I also worked a few days along side a staff member you could call my buddy shift throughout the yr and a half working here . We had dedicated residents which enables us to communicate at a way better level become closer and also have the ability to see if there was any changes in health, skin tears, or depression, mobility. We really were a well balanced organization. Lifestyle was constantly happening.
Pros
Connection and friendly environment
Cons
More activedy in movement to keep up mobility
Although explaining science mechanism to non-science background clients and customers are hard, but once they understand, they will put their trust on me. Also, I can solve the problems that they haven't been able to solve for days, weeks, months, even years.
A great environment for residents, families and workers alike and always putting the welfare of the residents first. A great place to learn basic skills in aged care and interpersonal skills for the future.
Pros
great staff
Loved working at ARCARE as BDM for both Home Care and Residential. The Staff and Management are so professional. They are very empathetic and supportive and generous with their knowledge and training. The Marketing was incredibly diverse and PCA's were wonderful and caring Staff who enjoyed their 'dedicated staffing' model. Would return in a heart beat.Amazing infrastructure.
Arcare Glenhaven is worst place to work at. Management is even worst. Since this place is under new management atleast four of the new staff left after attending buddy shifts and 7 of the old staff left including nurses and other nursing home staff in short period of time. you don't feel safe working at Arcare Glenhaven, you are not appreciated at all. co workers and residents are awesome they are the only reason people want to work there. but new management is playing politics in a way that they divide and rule.
Pros
nice staff and residents
Cons
worst ever management and policies
I worked in Craigieburn arcare I found the environment settings is very unique beautiful,, but only thing is staffs are 2faces most of them including the management.
Pros
No free lunch, only free sweet plain bickies
Cons
During past Arcare was fun and workplace cultural to work with. But now its been place of experiment for new clinical leads. There is less of team work now.
There is no opportunity for qualified team member for advancement.
Pros
not much pros now
Cons
Less team work, its a work place where there is boss and employee not team leader and team
Excellent ethnic and nice place to work. enjoyed my time nice staff and friendly residents. Very close to my place so travelling was not a problem. Management has changed so therefore not getting many shifts. The new team management did not even bother looking after the the old staff. Not very happy
Pros
Calm and relax environment
Cons
not getting many shifts now
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcare Aged Care. Our community is ready to answer.