Arcare Aged Care Employee Reviews

friendly
PCA (Former Employee) –  Keysborough VIC1 April 2019
Excellent ethnic and nice place to work. enjoyed my time nice staff and friendly residents. Very close to my place so travelling was not a problem. Management has changed so therefore not getting many shifts. The new team management did not even bother looking after the the old staff. Not very happy
Pros
Calm and relax environment
Cons
not getting many shifts now
Playing games with the residents
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC25 March 2019
Enjoyed working at ArCare, the client group were reach elderly, which treated me with respect.
I supervised residents in the lodge and played with them games.
The workplace culture was respect and support.
I learned to be in charge of a large group living independent in a lodge.
Pros
Engaging in conversation with the clients
Cons
Long driving
Wonderful company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Portarlington VIC8 February 2019
Absolutely loved this employer, enjoyed my time there. Flexible part - time hours that worked in well with me having school aged children. Fantastic managers and staff
“5 star”? More like faux star
General Services Manager/ Roster Co Ordinater (Former Employee) –  South East Melbourne VIC22 January 2019
It’s incredibly sad how a business can promote itself as “5 star” when it can’t even back up its own staff members.
The care staff that genuinely have a lot of love for the residents end up being scrutinised for being too slow when at the end of the day they’re doing the right thing by giving dedicated care to the residents without seeming like they aren’t interested in what’s being said to them and enjoying the chats that their apart of.
The higher up the ladder you climb the less your backed up with your work and you’re more likely to be blamed for petty things that have nothing to do with you.
In short, the genuinely kind and caring staff no matter the role end up being made disposable and the rushed with no want to listen end up with all the shifts.
The company also avoides overtime at all cost as well as agency staff which is practically frowned upon.
Pretty unfair when the roster is short staffed and regular/ permanent staff are willing to fill the shifts but they aren’t allowed because they’ll be over their 76 hours per fortnight regardless of being causal or part time.
Being employed casually would be the best option to begin with from what I’ve seen if you wish to consider working for this “5 star” company.
Pros
Lovely residents, families, and some sensational staff members, Permanent staff in dementia specific are sensational
Cons
The people on top of the ladder see anyone under them as disposable
A chance to learn
Environmental Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hope Island QLD18 September 2018
Arcare was a wonderful company to work for, working each day there thought me how to communicate and be my fun bubbly self. it thought me to respect my elders and I also learned how to manage my time and organizational skills.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
not enough credit for hard work put in
Friendly, Cohesive workplace with good vibe
Arcare Relief Team - Administration (Former Employee) –  Craigieburn VIC13 September 2018
Friendly brand new purpose built aged care facility with strong leadership. Only a short term contract offered would loved to have stayed. Enjoyed the work.
Pros
Brand new facility - very tech savvy
Cons
Short term contract
Good pay although unprofessional workers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kanwal NSW10 September 2018
Left due to health condition and work professionalism. Gossips was everywhere and the work environment was just depressing. Racism was present; asians were mostly hired.
Very nice place to work
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD29 July 2018
Staff are friendly, caring and knowledgable
Facility is clean and well presented
Very good facility
Teamwork is of a high standard
Work life balance is key.
Pros
Heaps of activities for residents
Great work place lots of support
Assistant in Nursing - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD24 June 2018
Best Aged care facility I have worked for, great staff and good support from Nurses and management, I would recommend this facility to anyone interested in caring for the aged
great place to work.
Personnel Care Assistant - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC20 May 2018
management is easily accessible and nice team work to work with.
learned a lot and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
very lovely and safe place to work.
Worst Company to work for
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey Hills VIC12 April 2018
Bad food service practices provided by Arcare Surrey hills - non HCAPP qualified staff serving hot food. Management at Surrey hills is very incompetent. favouritism and gossip with Manager gets you a long way. Unprofessional PCA's.

If you want to experience dismissals out of the blue then this is the best place to work for. Great orientation session, they sell the world but beware they are the worst organisation you can work for.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, Bullying and Harassment
Work placement there
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD25 March 2018
Was good completing my placement there staff were very helpfull and understanding.
Very tidy facility kept clean at all times.
Enjoyed my time there
Pros
All pros
Cons
None really
Staffing and client satisfaction
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Slacks Creek QLD19 March 2018
It is good in dedicating staff to specific residents. They provide proper care and treatment to the residents and staff. The permanent staff get to enjoy benefits and are well catered for if there are any issues and concerns at work. They resolve problems at work in order to provide a good working environment for everyone.
Pros
Dedicated Staffing
Cons
Less availability of some supplies such as gloves
Loving and caring for the residents
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD12 February 2018
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the residents smile and knowing they are cared for in the correct manner. A typical day at work is run run run as there are plenty of needs to be met and lots of paperwork to do before end of shift.
Pros
Happy residentw
Cons
Food could be better for residents in 5 star
lovely New Facility 5 star
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Kanwal NSW7 January 2018
Lovely facility.
staff a lovely to work with.. good cultural mix of employees.. Everyone is helpful. Management are open and friendly..
The atmosphere in the facility is one of genuine care of the clients..
Residents and staff were awesome
PCA (Former Employee) –  Wantirna South VIC29 December 2017
I had experience working in Arcare for three weeks due to work placement, but i wish i could work there for ever. Arcare has some amazing staff that are cooperative in teaching us new things, even though they seemed to busy all the time. It was always fun interacting with the residents and at one point it almost feels like family. The hardest part is it too say goodbye. Especially when they are in palliative care.
Pros
Gain a lot of experience and lots of money
Cons
long shifts
Very low pay
Environmental services/cleaner (Former Employee) –  Taigum QLD30 November 2017
Below average pay and they expect you to buy your own uniforms @ $50 each per shirt. They do not look after their staff and only hire casuals. Beautiful new facilities but staff are over worked and way under paid!
Pros
Residents and workers are nice
Cons
Too many to mention
Great ladies to work with
Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murarrie QLD7 September 2017
Work was satisfying to do. Nice to see results of work fairly quickly. This is not always the case in this industry. Team was welcoming.
Team love what they do.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Not always consistant
fasntastic company
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Epping VIC30 July 2017
fantastic company however , travel distance was very far.
I am looking for something closer to home and would be more than happy to take any opportunity that comes my way.
productive and fun workplace with friendly staff
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 July 2017
I am able to assist clients Activity of daily livings. I try my best to grasp every opportunity to do hand over. I require myself make more communications with practice partner and patients and also continue to improve the capacity of critical thinking. I learned a lot in that placement.