Arcare Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Arcare Aged Care Employee Reviews

I loved the place management, staff and co workers were so helpful, working as a team and helping when other co workers. When things get tough the tough gets going. Never give up, was my first actions to wards my work and the love of my job. With a positive attitude and having care for others with empathy, brings calming and reassurings. Bring them as much joy happiness in their last year's . Security and comfort is a good start. This job was very rewarding.
Pros
Very rewarding, everyday is different.
Cons
Very fast pace, morning hours expecially. Hand over from the nightshift. Gives you a good update, on what needs to be done. Take notes were very helpful.
We are very friendly with each other.and helping with all the staff as well.nice working environment.the staff and residents have very nice boonding.
Pros
Bring your own food
Cons
Half hour lunch + morning tea break 15 min
Some sites were great to work in, great staff, great management, great to work at, then they changed their level of care, other sites created an environment that was unnecessarily hard, staff numbers were extremely low, many staff did not have the skills or the desire to offer great care to the elderly residents and were plain lazy, hard to get replacement staff, profits were more important than the care, food and activities given to the residents. Due to low staffing levels you were always running around catering for at best basic care needs, some days some of those basic care needs were reduced depending on who was working and if they could get a replacement for a sick staff member, sometimes working understaffed
Pros
Cons
Incompetent staff and low staffing Levels
Saw a lot of really bad management choices made for residents and worse for staff.It’s all about the management .No one else !!Worst company to work for by far.
Pros
Car 🚙 park .
Cons
Bad communication .Bullies and approaches to problems is to NOT deal with them.
As a casual you can bid on shifts through the app so you can choose when to work so good work/life balance and hourly rate is high. Training on shifts was lacking and you are expected to know what you're doing on your buddy shifts. Training for fire training/company database etc was appropriate. Drama between all staff made it hard to be trained not knowing who to take advice from. Management does not investigate staff drama and prefers high turnover of staff over solving issues. Does not support care workers regarding aggressive residents and incidents resulting in injuries to care workers. Covid measures were/are appropriate. Facility is beautifully decorated and resident rooms are spacious.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Good for residents
Cons
Long hours, staff drama, no support from management
Had wonderful time to be a part of Arcare, motivating management, providing various roles to those who are interested and show expression of interest. Encourage further study and support to go ahead.
Worked there for a few months, always understaffed, and often nil replacement could be found, the staff agency was never called to replace staff. Very stressful. Management is ignorant and rude to staff. Workplace bullying from colleagues is usual. I felt super stressed before and after work. I went to work thinking about if we had enough staff. I went home unable to wean down from the stressful shift. I cried many many times. On the first shift, I did not have a chance to have a toilet break, it was that busy, I was asking the staff where was the toilet on the second day. Leaving Arcare Glenhaven was a no brainer decision. I felt bad for the residence. Due to the above-mentioned issues, clinical care is like a lottery. You are lucky if the RNs followed up the job properly, or you might miss your antibiotic by a few days. Yet management is not doing anything about it. Care manager is more like a Non-care manager. staff between shift had only 15 minutes to Handover care of 120 residents. Management said this was because scientifically our brain started to wander after 15 minutes. So either staff rushed through the handover to finish on time, making the risk of missing information extremely high or stayed back to do it properly, unpaid. Some staff are very good at their job but felt very unsupportive from the management. Because of understaffing, they were often the ones who had to cover the extra workload, yet no extra pay. The worst company I have ever worked with and will not recommend it to anyone.
Pros
five star facility
Cons
Poor care, often understaff, minimal pay, overworked. Toxic environment
Some colleagues are nice but the uncertainty in working schedule, difficulty or non-allocation of tools, less training and lack of guidance in onboarding makes the overall experience less than promised.
Under Staffed Staff not valued Excessive Workload Budget focused, not consumer focused Poor management Poor support No opportunity for growth Poor training
Pros
Free coffee when a good comment form received
Cons
Reduced working hours with increased work load
Arcare is a very clean and professional environment to work in and practices safe and fair work . It is 5 star and you have to give 5 star service . They have regular training and meetings
supportive team but not well in managing or scheduling shifts some time hard to communicate due to different view indirect phone which could lead to misunderstanding
I was bullied and they decide if your face fits. They made my life a misery and it gave me dreadful anxiety which I now have permanently. I was so dissappointed. It was a dream place to work before I actually went there. No management support.
Managemt dont care they just like to cut back hrs on nurses to save money then thdy complain when they cant fill shifts . The hardest part is eor6kjjng in dementia unit which if yr injured by a certssin resident its all ok or groupped tgsts alddo fine we just gave to put up with it
Looking for work elsewhere currently because I have been working here for a year.It's not 5 star. Royal commision should come look behind close doors!
Fast Paced Workplace. You must be a very quick cleaner in order to succeed at this workplace. I found it stresful and i believe their understaffed and need more staff to share the load.
I got an opportunity to learn in kitchen with cooperative staff and management. I learnt time management skill to finish my work within time frame. I learnt clinical skills
Toxic management, very political. No support, treated ruthlessly with no respect given. Unorganized, expected to do your job and others. Rarely had time for lunch. Other co workers too scared to speak out in fear of losing their job. Worst experience ever. Disposable if you supposedly don't align with their values never mind that management dont! More respect and care given from clients.
Working at Arcare was fast paced but satisfying. Enjoyed working with my staff, Hours suited my lifestyle and family commitments. I was employed in the Memory support unit and found that to be a challenge but satisfying in role as an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse
I have never experienced such bullying and intimidation in almost 40 years. Terrible place. No support. Poorly designed. Two levels of care. Understaffing
Here I learnt a lot through the constant care of my RN & EN, by my side and also giving me daily advice. I also worked a few days along side a staff member you could call my buddy shift throughout the yr and a half working here . We had dedicated residents which enables us to communicate at a way better level become closer and also have the ability to see if there was any changes in health, skin tears, or depression, mobility. We really were a well balanced organization. Lifestyle was constantly happening.
Pros
Connection and friendly environment
Cons
More activedy in movement to keep up mobility
Although explaining science mechanism to non-science background clients and customers are hard, but once they understand, they will put their trust on me. Also, I can solve the problems that they haven't been able to solve for days, weeks, months, even years.
  1. Employee Reviews