Arcare Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Arcare Aged Care Employee Reviews

Australia63 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

poor management

Management and HR are atrocious, they will throw you under the bus to save their tails. Poor staff moral, understaffing and poorly payed staff. Minimal opportunity for job progression.

lovely place to work. management was supportive and wonderful team.

learned a lot during my work at arcade. It was not only job but like a family to me. I enjoyed almost all part of it except for few which could ignored.

Pros

good support

Cons

Under staffed sometimes.

Productive and fun place to work

Residents would come for coffee.I’ve learnt to appreciate the elderly.Management was excellent.I felt valued, safe, comfortable.Hardest part of the job for me was when the resident dies. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to their stories, it was like working with little kids .

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No cons

Worst management ever

I worked in seven hills facility, managers doesn’t care about staff, too much drama, managers doesn’t solve problems and they want you to do their jobs, and seems to be the same in other locations around Brisbane, they don’t value staff even if you are a good worker and the residents are happy with your job, you are just a number for them, also they said that is a business so they just care about profits. Worst company I’ve worked.

Do not work at arcare

Arcare has heavy handed management and a snitching culture.Once you have given your all after nearly 10 years you will be discarded like garbage. This has happened to many Arcare employees.

Cons

Coersion, Lies, Bullying from upper management

Not a good place to work

Staff to residents ratio is HORRENDOUS at arcare keysborough. Has a very high manager turnover. There's simply not enough staff throughout the AM and PM shifts to properly look after residents and look after them WELL. All modern, fancy pants looking on the outside but rotten on the inside. Highly would NOT recommend anyone to look for employment there OR send their loved ones there. All they care about is money, money, money. Good grief.

Pros

The residents and building friendship and getting to know them as a person and not a room number

Cons

No dedicated staffing even though it's been promoted, Not enough staff, Cut shifts/move staff coz of vacancy, (bad) attitude re. agency staff, Money starved attitude - higher ups, Doesn't look after old staff

Fun work place,friendly staff

We are very friendly with each other.and helping with all the staff as well.nice working environment.the staff and residents have very nice boonding.

Pros

Bring your own food

Cons

Half hour lunch + morning tea break 15 min

Overall

Some sites were great to work in, great staff, great management, great to work at, then they changed their level of care, other sites created an environment that was unnecessarily hard, staff numbers were extremely low, many staff did not have the skills or the desire to offer great care to the elderly residents and were plain lazy, hard to get replacement staff, profits were more important than the care, food and activities given to the residents. Due to low staffing levels you were always running around catering for at best basic care needs, some days some of those basic care needs were reduced depending on who was working and if they could get a replacement for a sick staff member, sometimes working understaffed

Pros

Cons

Incompetent staff and low staffing Levels

Very rewarding , everyday brings so much differents

I loved the place management, staff and co workers were so helpful, working as a team and helping when other co workers. When things get tough the tough gets going. Never give up, was my first actions to wards my work and the love of my job. With a positive attitude and having care for others with empathy, brings calming and reassurings. Bring them as much joy happiness in their last year's . Security and comfort is a good start. This job was very rewarding.

Pros

Very rewarding, everyday is different.

Cons

Very fast pace, morning hours expecially. Hand over from the nightshift. Gives you a good update, on what needs to be done. Take notes were very helpful.

Bad Management they hide the problems rather than deal with them.

Saw a lot of really bad management choices made for residents and worse for staff.It’s all about the management .No one else !!Worst company to work for by far.

Pros

Car 🚙 park .

Cons

Bad communication .Bullies and approaches to problems is to NOT deal with them.

Good work/life balance and rates but poor management and drama

As a casual you can bid on shifts through the app so you can choose when to work so good work/life balance and hourly rate is high. Training on shifts was lacking and you are expected to know what you're doing on your buddy shifts. Training for fire training/company database etc was appropriate. Drama between all staff made it hard to be trained not knowing who to take advice from. Management does not investigate staff drama and prefers high turnover of staff over solving issues. Does not support care workers regarding aggressive residents and incidents resulting in injuries to care workers. Covid measures were/are appropriate. Facility is beautifully decorated and resident rooms are spacious.

Pros

Work/Life balance, Good for residents

Cons

Long hours, staff drama, no support from management

Clean and fair workplace

Had wonderful time to be a part of Arcare, motivating management, providing various roles to those who are interested and show expression of interest. Encourage further study and support to go ahead.

Horrific workplace. Poor management. Extreme understaff.

Worked there for a few months, always understaffed, and often nil replacement could be found, the staff agency was never called to replace staff. Very stressful. Management is ignorant and rude to staff. Workplace bullying from colleagues is usual. I felt super stressed before and after work. I went to work thinking about if we had enough staff. I went home unable to wean down from the stressful shift. I cried many many times. On the first shift, I did not have a chance to have a toilet break, it was that busy, I was asking the staff where was the toilet on the second day. Leaving Arcare Glenhaven was a no brainer decision. I felt bad for the residence. Due to the above-mentioned issues, clinical care is like a lottery. You are lucky if the RNs followed up the job properly, or you might miss your antibiotic by a few days. Yet management is not doing anything about it. Care manager is more like a Non-care manager. staff between shift had only 15 minutes to Handover care of 120 residents. Management said this was because scientifically our brain started to wander after 15 minutes. So either staff rushed through the handover to finish on time, making the risk of missing information extremely high or stayed back to do it properly, unpaid. Some staff are very good at their job but felt very unsupportive from the management. Because of understaffing, they were often the ones who had to cover the extra workload, yet no extra pay. The worst company I have ever worked with and will not recommend it to anyone.

Pros

five star facility

Cons

Poor care, often understaff, minimal pay, overworked. Toxic environment

Average

Some colleagues are nice but the uncertainty in working schedule, difficulty or non-allocation of tools, less training and lack of guidance in onboarding makes the overall experience less than promised.

Stressful and under appreciated

Under Staffed Staff not valued Excessive Workload Budget focused, not consumer focused Poor management Poor support No opportunity for growth Poor training

Pros

Free coffee when a good comment form received

Cons

Reduced working hours with increased work load

A fantastic place to work

Arcare is a very clean and professional environment to work in and practices safe and fair work . It is 5 star and you have to give 5 star service . They have regular training and meetings

Arcare is quite supportive team

supportive team but not well in managing or scheduling shifts some time hard to communicate due to different view indirect phone which could lead to misunderstanding

Terrible staff culture

I was bullied and they decide if your face fits. They made my life a misery and it gave me dreadful anxiety which I now have permanently. I was so dissappointed. It was a dream place to work before I actually went there. No management support.

Managent

Managemt dont care they just like to cut back hrs on nurses to save money then thdy complain when they cant fill shifts . The hardest part is eor6kjjng in dementia unit which if yr injured by a certssin resident its all ok or groupped tgsts alddo fine we just gave to put up with it

Hourly rate too low for the work I do

Looking for work elsewhere currently because I have been working here for a year.It's not 5 star. Royal commision should come look behind close doors!

Fast Paced Workplace

Fast Paced Workplace. You must be a very quick cleaner in order to succeed at this workplace. I found it stresful and i believe their understaffed and need more staff to share the load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcare Aged Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Arcare Aged Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?