ARCare Employee Reviews

friendly
PCA (Former Employee) –  Keysborough VIC1 April 2019
Excellent ethnic and nice place to work. enjoyed my time nice staff and friendly residents. Very close to my place so travelling was not a problem. Management has changed so therefore not getting many shifts. The new team management did not even bother looking after the the old staff. Not very happy
Pros
Calm and relax environment
Cons
not getting many shifts now
Wonderful company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Portarlington VIC8 February 2019
Absolutely loved this employer, enjoyed my time there. Flexible part - time hours that worked in well with me having school aged children. Fantastic managers and staff
“5 star”? More like faux star
General Services Manager/ Roster Co Ordinater (Former Employee) –  South East Melbourne VIC22 January 2019
It’s incredibly sad how a business can promote itself as “5 star” when it can’t even back up its own staff members.
The care staff that genuinely have a lot of love for the residents end up being scrutinised for being too slow when at the end of the day they’re doing the right thing by giving dedicated care to the residents without seeming like they aren’t interested in what’s being said to them and enjoying the chats that their apart of.
The higher up the ladder you climb the less your backed up with your work and you’re more likely to be blamed for petty things that have nothing to do with you.
In short, the genuinely kind and caring staff no matter the role end up being made disposable and the rushed with no want to listen end up with all the shifts.
The company also avoides overtime at all cost as well as agency staff which is practically frowned upon.
Pretty unfair when the roster is short staffed and regular/ permanent staff are willing to fill the shifts but they aren’t allowed because they’ll be over their 76 hours per fortnight regardless of being causal or part time.
Being employed casually would be the best option to begin with from what I’ve seen if you wish to consider working for this “5 star” company.
Pros
Lovely residents, families, and some sensational staff members, Permanent staff in dementia specific are sensational
Cons
The people on top of the ladder see anyone under them as disposable
Great work place lots of support
Assistant in Nursing - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD24 June 2018
Best Aged care facility I have worked for, great staff and good support from Nurses and management, I would recommend this facility to anyone interested in caring for the aged
Worst Company to work for
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey Hills VIC12 April 2018
Bad food service practices provided by Arcare Surrey hills - non HCAPP qualified staff serving hot food. Management at Surrey hills is very incompetent. favouritism and gossip with Manager gets you a long way. Unprofessional PCA's.

If you want to experience dismissals out of the blue then this is the best place to work for. Great orientation session, they sell the world but beware they are the worst organisation you can work for.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, Bullying and Harassment
Great ladies to work with
Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murarrie QLD7 September 2017
Work was satisfying to do. Nice to see results of work fairly quickly. This is not always the case in this industry. Team was welcoming.
Team love what they do.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Not always consistant
Decent workplace
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 May 2017
i worked with arcare for a couple of years and found it to be very enjoyable they do have a lot of issues with the management side of things but the basic workplace is great.
Work is good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Queensland9 May 2017
Work is good but some co workers are suck ups
Facility is superb and residents are nice
Management is very good and they attend to issues right away, but, whether they do something about it if it affects people they like, I don't know
bissy,fun,sad
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 April 2016
always on time, work in a fast environment, meet new people, have a laugh with co workers, have dress up days, I have learnt that the elderly people need company and someone to talk to as some of them are lonely, they hardest part of the job is leaving the elderly people so you can go home, the most enjoyable part of the job was watching the elderly laugh, and have fun,
Pros
get attached to people
Cons
very bizzy, alot of work to be done
Good
Carer (Former Employee) –  VIC6 October 2015
I loved the great resident and family to care for and staff but short hours.

Great team to work with and leadership fom rns

Good uniform

Lack of packing
loved this job
Contract Full-time (Former Employee) –  logan22 September 2015
i studyed my level 3 at ar care, i have learnt how ansd what to do as a care worker, what i love about this job is the people i work with, full of fun and joy. the hardest part of the job is when im asiisting patient to eat and me seeing them not wanting to eat..the most enjoyable part is to attend work ..loved turning up to work
we had no time to communicate with the residence as much as i would like to .
Environmental Cleaner/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Victoria15 December 2012
As a cleaner a typical day at work is the job was very busy lots of things to do people where nice I took pride in the work that I did . I learned OHS regulations and safety and cleaning with no chemicals in the work force. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to age care people. I enjoyed the people who lived there and there family's . The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the people who worked there were nice and friendly. management was excellent had no problems.
Pros
dressing up on special occasions
Cons
long days when needed