ARCare Employee Reviews

Beautiful Mission, Lack of Leadership
CLINIC NURSE (Former Employee) –  Central Arkansas10 June 2019
I fully stand behind the ARcare mission, but there was a serious lack of Leadership during my time there. I was bullied, harassed, threatened by my fellow nurses. My manager was aware and did nothing to help me in fact, she wrote me up while the people bullying me were allowed to continue harassing me. It got so bad that I stopped eating. I was a nervous wreck. They made my work life miserable and it ended up bleeding over into my home life. My manager refused to take action. I ended up resigning. Best decision I ever made.
Pros
Good pay for the area, lovely patients
Cons
Coworkers, Management
Beneficial job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Benton, AR28 March 2019
I am currently employed with ARcare and can honestly say it has been very rewarding and beneficial for me. I have been able to learn new skills and work on old skills that were put on the back burner. I am constantly learning new things each and every day that will benefit me later on in my career as well as now.
A great place to work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Augusta, AR29 January 2019
ARcare is a great company to work for. But as all companies go, it depends on the department you work for and whom you work for. I would honestly say most of the supervisors are very nice and very easy going. But as with anywhere you might work, some are not.
Good place to work with good benefits
340B Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, AR14 January 2019
Busy full day
Learned a lot about the federal drug program
I enjoyed being a part pharmacy department
Got to travel to several cities
Family oriented company
Good company
Professional Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, AR4 January 2019
There are a lot of good folks at ARCare, and it is a pretty decent place to build a career. The benefits are excellent, and the work atmosphere is pretty positive.
pay was not great
clinic staff nurse, assist MD (Former Employee) –  Augusta, AR4 June 2018
I enjoyed working for ARcare-but I wish the pay was more & I would never have left.I asked for a raise of only $2/hr more and it was denied. If it had been approved I would have stayed.
Fun environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arkansas24 February 2018
Loved working at ARcare always was looking for things to help the clinic out. They do not treat employees straight across the board. What is good for 1 might not be good for another.
Pros
Paid insurance
Cons
Short staff
It takes passion
Service Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR23 February 2018
It takes passion to work as a Service Access Specialist at ARCare. The downside is Management lacking the necessary skills to be a manager. You have little room for growth, the buddy system is deep. Watch what you do and what you say. Compensation is okay. Communication is horrible.
This company has a very high turnover rate so that says a lot about the company and what it stands for. No advocacy for the employees and quality management does not take things seriously.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
Lacking management experience
A learning experience
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cabot, AR18 January 2018
I enjoyed my position as an MA with ARcare at my home clinic we had a great team. It was like having a second family. At times it was stressful as there were a lot of call-ins or last minute arrangements and it made that day difficult. I did however disagree with how the managers handled certain situations between co workers as at times i feel they took sides instead of being fair and professional.
Pros
Team work
Cons
several call-ins
Fmla
Service Access Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, AR11 December 2017
FMLA was needed and exhausted what was granted. Was not friendly environment to have to use FMLA. Frowned upon and hired over faults found while out on FMLA and a complaint filed.
Love my job!
Nursing Staff (Current Employee) –  Lonoke, AR26 October 2017
This is a very fast paced environment and stressful at times, but very rewarding. Management and fellow co - workers are very understanding and like family. Everyone is able to work together in times of need or when short staffed. Providers are very approachable and you learn new things everyday. Overall, love coming to work every morning!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Augusta26 October 2017
ARcare is a great place! Every day I look forward to going to work. I don't feel like it's a job at all and my co-workers are the absolute best. ARcare is definitely the best company I've ever worked for!
Great Relationships with coworkers
Admin (Current Employee) –  Central Arkansas26 October 2017
Love my work family! We work in a quick paced environment, caring for anyone who walks through the door. It can be tiring, just as any other job in healthcare. Expectations are high, but we are caring for peoples lives- so they should be. This company gives me the ability to bring new ideas to the table- especially when they involve how to help the less fortunate with access to services (not just healthcare). They are not afraid of change and progress.
Best part of this job is how coworkers rally around their work family in times of need. Illness, financial stress, family stress- when these issues have come up, everyone works together to get their teammate through it.
Pros
Great hours, Ability to change locations within company, Excellent benefits (vacation/retirement plans/insurance), truly care for patients
Cons
Very busy clinics, demanding healthcare environment
fast pace
Worker (Current Employee) –  Arkansas25 October 2017
Arcare has been great! not only as an employee but also as a patient (since I get free care at any ARcare). The benefits are AMAZING! Not only do they pay my premiums for my insurance but the 401K packages pays x2 what I put in up to 4% of my pay. We are like a family. I have never worked at another job where I had this type of atmosphere. I feel my management really listens to my ideas to make things better. It is a fast pace job but very rewarding due to the provider never wanting to turn a patient away.
Pros
benefits/401K
Cons
busy
Work & Life Balance
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria15 August 2017
Good thing with Arcare ( Melbourne) is that they prioritise the employees. Schedules were flexible depending on what days are you available to work. Ratio of patient to pCW is good.
Case Management
Service Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR10 August 2017
Work load varies, management was somewhat unreasonable with demands, but overall I enjoyed interacting with the clients. I enjoy helping people, so that made the job satisfying.
Staff not valued.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Des Arc, AR2 August 2017
If you're not a APRN or MD you're not valued. You have to bring in $$ to mean anything to this company no matter how well you are with patients and the community.
Pros
Free health insurance for the employee only.
Cons
Cut throat company, disloyal, unpredictable.
Not somewhere I would recommend
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Arkansas6 July 2017
Very hectic, not fairly compensated for travel pay, health insurance through company is horrible, not fairly paid. You can not move up in this company.
Pros
8-5 hours
Cons
Too many to list
Great company
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  McCrory, AR14 June 2017
ARcare is a great company to work for. Nice people, nice benefits, nice job atmosphere. I've made lots of friends while working here and have gained lots of life skills.
Benefits
Cons
Not paid for lunch
dood
medical assistant / medical scribe (Current Employee) –  Lonoke, AR14 April 2017
Great work place to work but you don't have enough staff for the amount of patient your seeing. Very loving place to work very busy clinic to work work load is very heavy.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short of staff over work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARCare. Our community is ready to answer.