Asahi Beverages Employee Reviews

Ok if you only want casual work.
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 May 2019
If you are a casual at Asahi you are a target. Management have hired a person who is quite capable of getting rid of someone if they don't like them.
Staff ~ team members, are great to work with but if you have a problem with management don't bother. They don't have your back.
Wages are good.
The hardest part was trying to proof that you were right and that they were wrong.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the team members.
Pros
Good staff (workers)
Cons
Long hours, no assistance from management.
Work Culture and Security
Assistant Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC 304318 December 2018
I found good work environment at Asahi, staffs are friendly. I enjoy working here. Salary benefits are also quiet good. The only dark side is related to job security. If you are casual, there is very low possibility to be there for more than few months.
Pros
working hours flexibility, good salary
Cons
temporary roles for casuals.
Challenging and productive role with high degree of autonomus working
L&CO Manager NSW & Qld (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW30 July 2018
Overseeing day to day operations targets are met. Plan for longer term operation to ensure site and company targets are met. Encourage, empower and engage team members to deliver best possible results
Good company to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC24 May 2018
Good company to work for.
Great team. Good management.
Not really good for casual worker/operator. No job security for them, if you are looking for a Permanent Role, this company is not the one. But if you are looking for a good working experience, this is a good place to gain some.
Pros
Free drinks onsite
Cons
No job security for casual labour
Is a who you know based business culture in QLD is poisonous
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Qld26 June 2017
Senior Management in Qld needs to be overhauled too many staff leaving retention is an issue people not happy starts with the leader who has been their too long
Pros
Cons
Not a great atmosphere lot of fake people pretending to be your colleague
off site warehouse was in a residential area :(
Raw Materials Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW14 March 2017
I worked in a volatile atmosphere, workplace culture was very negative, the turn over of staff was quite astronomical to say the least. very little training, fly by the seat of your pants kind of days. I learned there were no benchmark standards to measure. The management structure was poor, with very little support.
Good for employment but not for advancement
Leading Hand Dipatch (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD31 January 2017
Good wage, plenty of work, no room for succession or advancement. No appreciation for work produced at a high level. Fellow employees are ok to work with, but more often then not lazy people come into employment and are succeeded into higher roles through personal interactions with senior staff or supervisors, this is viewed by this organisation as having higher significance over work performance and attendance.
Pros
Good pay and sometimes hours
Cons
No future development
Good place with Great people
SAPL Key accounts CS Rep (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC28 November 2016
It is very easy to get to know our Managers/Team Leaders, they're understanding and caring (in relation to issue).

The people in my team are lovely, kind and overall wonderful people to work with.

Everyday is somewhat different, there is some repetition in my role, however different circumstances/issues always change.
Pros
morning teas (once a month)
Cons
no overtime
Great place to work with some fantastic people
CHRO (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 October 2016
Great People, Great Brands and Great Place to work.
Fast paced and challenging FMCG environment with plenty of scope to gain experience and knowledge of ANZ beverage industry as well as Japanese Parent Company.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Fast paced and very challenging
Excellent place to work at with amazing people
BulK Orders Clerk (Former Employee) –  Archerfield QLD30 June 2016
Enjoyed a fast moving role, always new things to be learnt and opportunities to be had. Ability to be part of projects to assist in creating better work practices build better work models. Management within the Queensland Branch was easy to speak to about any issues either personal or business. Lovely people to work with. Hardest part was saying good bye.
Pros
Ability to work from home if and when required
Cons
Being contactable 24 hours
great place to work
Warehouse Operator - RF Scanners (Former Employee) –  Payneham SA26 April 2016
was with the company for 15 years.
3 years labour hire 12 years on books.
Learnt many different areas of work.
was made Redundant in March 2016
Small Team
Technical Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wingfield SA13 June 2015
- 7-5pm WE 8-1pm
- Post-mix technical details
- Communication issues from management
- Co Workers helpful / pleasant
- Hardest part was learning technical side
- Most enjoyable was learning technical side
Pros
Work Colleagues
Cons
No advancement opportunties
fun and energetic place to work
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Welshpool, Perth W.A30 April 2015
my typical day at work was always demanding but fun. There was not much that they could teach me as I pretty much knew what I needed to do to complete my given task. The hardest part of my job was getting my supervisor to show me hoe to use the system they had in place. Although i did enjoy most aspects of the warehouse environment, what let me down was how they would not let me advance in my role.
I always got along with my co-workers and it was always a pleasure working next to them, wether it was with the pick and pack crew or out in the yard.
Pros
buy cheap drinks
Cons
held me back.
Great group of people to work with
QLD Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Springwood QLD23 March 2015
Very supportive environment, Great teams to work with, everyone pulls together.
I work to ensure that the personal strengths of our sales force are shared and utilized to grow stronger, I support territory managers in the field, helping them to find solutions when faced with challenges from their customers. I support them in management meetings voicing their ideas and concerns to ensure we continually adapt and improve.
I carry out re negotiation of contracts with existing accounts and the creation of new contracts/agreements with new accounts.
I provide relief coverage when sales managers take holidays, whilst doing this I audit their area to ensure consistency across the team'
I also run state based projects to further assist the states growth. In particular new business development and Route planning of territories.
Pros
Very stable and supportive management culture
Cons
Very stable management culture
Fun place to work
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Welshpool, WA3 January 2015
Working at Schweppes Australia has been fun. The people are nice and they help out when necessary.
Everyday is a different day in schweppes,because you learn new things everyday. Communication is a great asset with the staffs and the management are readily available to give advise on issues concerning the daily production.
The most difficult part of the job is issues arising from the breakdown of machines, or quality problem, the sweetest part of the job is solving such issues arising from the daily production.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Great environment to work in friendly atmosphere
Credit Applications Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine Vic 304314 October 2014
Typical day is to process credit applications statewide within a 24 hour turn around along with general administration tasks. I have grown in the role and have taught others to do my job as well. My co-workers are easy going people who I can relate and work well with. The hardest part of the job when it is extremely busy is to process all the credit applications as I only work part-time but other than that I nearly always meet my deadlines. I enjoy my job and believe I do it well as I pay particular attention to detail and have high standards when it comes to work ethic.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
parking is a long walk away from building when it rains
a very happy workplace with alot to learn
product manager (Current Employee) –  Welshpool, WA8 March 2014
I am looking to learn everything i can as i am new to my job but the people are nice and they help me understand what i am here to do i am getting the hang of how the product is made and how it is bottled and the procedure of packaging
Pros
great work place
Cons
sore legs from standing
Pleasant workplace
Receptionist / Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wingfield15 November 2013
Reception & Sales Administration duties to the SA Sales team