AstraZeneca
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from AstraZeneca:

AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Great workplace environment friendly and good fun
Great workplace environment friendly and good fun

Plenty of work and generally fast paced

Flexible timetable and forgiving if late

Opportunity for advancement
Good people, work very hard
I really enjoyed Astra Zeneca. I had to pass a three stage interview for a 12 month fixed term role. Including a personality and ability test. So they filter the people that can work there. The people there are the nicest people I have worked with, not perfect, not all totally friendly, but the least political. A lot work very hard, hours were long, benefits of gym membership at the uni, cheaper food, discounts on medication, events and events centre.
I did have a stressful job, but because the people were nice I didn't feel it as much.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, people nice
Cons
can be long hours, some uncertainty at that point in time.
Very easy going workplace
Most enjoyable about Astra Zeneca is working with good bunch people who are all very friendly and easy to get along.

Hardest part of the job I have to say the travel to and from work
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Site has been expanding with the introduction of a number of new Lines and there a number of new systems and innovations that have improved work flows.

Senior Management driving a safety, quality and Lean culture, focussing on people development, better communication and best practice sharing.

Vibrant place with excellent opportunities to develop and grow.
Productive and Fun place to work with many banefits
Well known organization with lots of benefits and very good and friendly workplace culture. Good working hours and healthy and safety focused environment.
Pros
Good pay rate, safety focused environment
Qualidade
Excelente empresa para se trabalhar. Produtos inovadores, reconhecimento do trabalho aos seus colaboradores
great company for long-term stability
Very balance work/lifestyle and fantastic people. Great pipeline growth and potential for the company. Fantastic place to work for job security and career growth
Fun workplace
I gained many new skills here, met some many different people and left with many friends.
I only left this position due to a relocation to NSW in Australia. Where my partner is studying his PhD.

I will be looking for something similar to this role
IT was a great place to with lot of opportunities to grow your career. great work life balance. flexible work life balance. Great senior management team that support your individual development plan.
Fast paced manufacturing facility.
Ever changing manufacturing facility which maintains a competitive outlook on performance and rewards. Employees are encouraged to continuously grow and adapt with evolving market and business demands. They are also given the required tools to master their roles and encouraged to consistently challenge the bar.
Pros
Monthly rostered day off.
Cons
Constant restructures and redundancies.
great place to work, gym provided
A great place to work well balance and flexibility in working time. This is a pharmaceutical company with lots of people came from different culture and race but the morale is high. Workers from the operators to top managers are so friendly and respect with each other.

I love my job that is why I lasted for over 20 years but my latest role was made redundant due to shift change and organisation re-design within the quality department.
Pros
food is subsidised + yearly corporate bonuses
Cons
Multi skilling
Highly structured professional organisation with strong ethical and development oriented culture
An excellent place to work with great support mechanisms and flexible approaches encouraging work-life balance.
Rewards were generous with competitive salaries and allowances, additional leave available on a performance basis.

Good technology provision with latest iOS devices and online tools.

Management culture was generally good with a collaborative approach to development and goal achievement. Most difficult aspects of the role are overcoming access barriers to the target customer group and addressing sales threats (like pricing issues, generic competition or strong competitor activity, or other market forces).
Pros
Flexibility, Salary, Incentive and Car Allowance
Cons
After hours work, country travel, external market forces.
Office politics
The security company I was with was dodgyand got involved in too much of the client's office politics.
Pros
Good food at the canteen.
Cons
Too much office politics and bickering.