Aurecon Group

23: Aurecon Group Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Free fruits and collaborative environment

It's a good place to start, they have good projects and my team leader and teammates are supportive. The company has done lots of projects and there is always some reference material from past projects.

Fun place to work with very supportive management

Great selection of projects. Aurecon is a very inclusive place to work with a lot of opportunities to engage with colleagues. They really care about the wellbeing of their employees. Innovation is front-of-mind and are always striving to be a leader in this space. Allowed to be creative and the teams are generally quite flexible when it comes to working arrangements.

Poor management

The management is money hungry and invest bare minimum in the operation. All just talk and produce nice presentation to lie to the employees and clients

Good workplace

It is a good place to start your career. The business unit culture ignores bullies' behavior. It seems the norm to work overtime without claiming overtime. The good point is that I developed a lot of good friendships.

Not much to fault

Good company to work for. My managers seem to genuinely care about their staff. Reasonable variety of work coming in. Great work/life balance and flexibility.

Pros

Work/life balance, good remuneration, flexible working arrangements, very diverse and good gender balance

Cons

Very hard to become a shareholder, not many landmark projects, limited presence outside Australia and NZ, not as many opportunities to travel abroad

Tight deadline but great colleagues

Overall great culture that has allowed people to develop continuously. Challenge is around getting a pay rise. Even with high performance, I saw my pay only rise 10% over 5 years.

Pros

Travel, team, the work

Cons

Long hours, Low pay

Ordinary

If you weren't an engineer or someone super senior then you were treated poorly. It's a very clicky environment - if you don't fit their mould, you'll know it. Very poor leadership when it came to supporting ALL staff.

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Poor leadership; lack of support to work flexibly

Productive and an encouraging workplace.

You have your own time on finishing the job on hand and always has a positive workplace culture. And the most enjoyable part of the work is that you get to work with most of the friendliest colleagues everyday.

not worth your effort

Aurecon in itself if you take away the people is not bad, the jobs i worked on were fantastic. however management is horrible , you are treated with 0 respect and expected to complete ridiculous deadlines DUE to unorganized management. overall i would not recommend Aurecon because your skills and person WILL BE VALUED elsewhere.

Pros

free lunch snacks and breakfast

Cons

management, work environment, work life balance

Positive learning and collaborative environment

In Aurecon, I worked in a positive and collaborative environment to complete the projects at a quality level. My colleagues were professional and supportive in character. I practised problem-solving, decision-making, innovation and creativity through engaging in a wide range of activities. Knowledge and skill development is highly encouraged in Aurecon. I also used a number of advanced engineering software to carry out design process.

Strong company with good professional development

Overall good place to work. It felt like I was being pushed towards what they wanted me to do rather then what I was wanting to do. Difficult to get grounding as an undergrad. Had a good workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was inefficient work with how it is scheduled and bureaucracy. Most enjoyable part was completing tasks and learning skills.

Pros

Good work place, professional development.

Cons

Long hours, bureaucracy

productive and positive workplace

friendly staff with welcoming attitudes. Hard workers and a positive and safe environment to be in. I enjoyed doing work experience with Aurecon for a week, early starts and late afternoon finishes.

Pros

kind staff, friendly environment

good place to work

Happy to keep returning when required i have worked on various projects with various teams over the past 4 years in brisbane and in the field all were good to work with

good company

I enjoyed working with intelligent people who were willing to learn but also to teach. I worked in both field and various offices in my time with aurecon, therefore I believe I can say without hesitation there is is a fine culture within the company.

Cons

nil

Ultimate Workplace

Aurecon provides a work environment in which anything can be achieved. While there, I was swept away into a workplace culture full of vibrant, friendly people full of knowledge and kindness. Help is never far away, but neither is a true working challenge.

Pros

Refreshing, enjoyable atmosphere

Cons

N/a

Fantastic Systems and Training

Bid Coordinator for major transport infrastructure projects managing 3 group secretaries and supporting the Transport Unit Manager and team and the three groups of Rail Tunnels Roads and Geo-Engineering teams

Pros

Great people

Cons

Complex systems and steep learning curve

Excellent work place and very cooperative team menbers

Proud to be working with Aurecon. Friendly working environment, professionally manged company. Takes good care of employee's future.

Pros

Very Flexible

Cons

Nothing to mention

Room for Transfers overseas

Being a global company there is lots of room to move overseas to work. For an upcoming Drafter or Engineer the opportunities are endless. A lot of young enthusiastic people.

Pros

Opportunity to Travel

Hervorragend Arbeitkultur

Der Vorstand und Abteilungmanagers sind engagiert, eine ebenmäßige dynamische berufliche Arbeitskultur zu unterhalten. Die Firma auch sehr ernst hinsichtlich ein 'Work-life balance' und es hat einige großartige Police eingeleitet: sehr gut für Angestellte mit Familien.

Pros

befriedigend Arbeitskultur

Cons

Verständerung zwischen Abteilungen manchmal nicht adäquat.

Aurecon Group

Excellent Job/Work balance. I was able to learn new things and I value that in a work place. Nice work environment and I enjoyed working with my direct managers.

Pros

NIce work atmosphere

Cons

A bit of politics.

Productive and welcoming office

My usual day began with checking emails and responding to any needed. Check mail. Answer incoming calls when needed and transfer them to appropiate people. Checked employees filing trays and start organising files in their jobs numbers and distribute them. Assisted with finance by balancing petty cash, edited invoices and entering them work software and excel. Would get ask to do tasks by fellow employees such as editing documents, scanning, binding and printing. Do stationery orders. Completed any deadlines by end of business day. I got along well with fellow employees and was able to talk to managment about any issues or concerns I had. Every day I was learning something, such as new procedures, training etc. It does get hard and overwhelming when I had lots of deadlines in one day. That's when time management comes in. If I needed to I would pass on some task to fellow admin employees. I loved that everyday I was doing multiple tasks and was able to help out fellow employees with their work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurecon Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Aurecon Group with