Aurecon Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not as innovative, flexible and advancing as it claims to be
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not say15 January 2018
Management is not consistent in decisions and approvals. Traditional based management practices are strong; even after the company claims to provide flexible work arrangements and flex time.
Pros
Global company with good people smattered amongst an autocratic environment
Cons
The organisational objectives & strategies are not congruent with the operations
productive and positive workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales6 November 2017
friendly staff with welcoming attitudes. Hard workers and a positive and safe environment to be in. I enjoyed doing work experience with Aurecon for a week, early starts and late afternoon finishes.
Pros
kind staff, friendly environment
good place to work
Safety professional (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 September 2017
Happy to keep returning when required i have worked on various projects with various teams over the past 4 years in brisbane and in the field all were good to work with
good company
safety professional (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD24 June 2017
I enjoyed working with intelligent people who were willing to learn but also to teach.
I worked in both field and various offices in my time with aurecon, therefore I believe I can say without hesitation there is is a fine culture within the company.
Cons
nil
Ultimate Workplace
Undergraduate Communication Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2017
Aurecon provides a work environment in which anything can be achieved. While there, I was swept away into a workplace culture full of vibrant, friendly people full of knowledge and kindness. Help is never far away, but neither is a true working challenge.
Pros
Refreshing, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Fantastic Systems and Training
Executive Assistant - Transport Services (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 40007 February 2017
Bid Coordinator for major transport infrastructure projects managing 3 group secretaries and supporting the Transport Unit Manager and team and the three groups of Rail Tunnels Roads and Geo-Engineering teams
Pros
Great people
Cons
Complex systems and steep learning curve
Room for Transfers overseas
Quality & Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA21 January 2017
Being a global company there is lots of room to move overseas to work. For an upcoming Drafter or Engineer the opportunities are endless. A lot of young enthusiastic people.
Pros
Opportunity to Travel
Hervorragend Arbeitkultur
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 September 2016
Der Vorstand und Abteilungmanagers sind engagiert, eine ebenmäßige dynamische berufliche Arbeitskultur zu unterhalten. Die Firma auch sehr ernst hinsichtlich ein 'Work-life balance' und es hat einige großartige Police eingeleitet: sehr gut für Angestellte mit Familien.
Pros
befriedigend Arbeitskultur
Cons
Verständerung zwischen Abteilungen manchmal nicht adäquat.
Aurecon Group
Admin Assistant Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 November 2015
Excellent Job/Work balance. I was able to learn new things and I value that in a work place.
Nice work environment and I enjoyed working with my direct managers.
Pros
NIce work atmosphere
Cons
A bit of politics.
Productive and welcoming office
Receptionist/Administration Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD5 May 2015
My usual day began with checking emails and responding to any needed. Check mail. Answer incoming calls when needed and transfer them to appropiate people. Checked employees filing trays and start organising files in their jobs numbers and distribute them. Assisted with finance by balancing petty cash, edited invoices and entering them work software and excel. Would get ask to do tasks by fellow employees such as editing documents, scanning, binding and printing. Do stationery orders. Completed any deadlines by end of business day.

I got along well with fellow employees and was able to talk to managment about any issues or concerns I had. Every day I was learning something, such as new procedures, training etc.

It does get hard and overwhelming when I had lots of deadlines in one day. That's when time management comes in. If I needed to I would pass on some task to fellow admin employees.

I loved that everyday I was doing multiple tasks and was able to help out fellow employees with their work.

Want to know more about Aurecon Group?

Ask a question
Good focus on work/life balance
Project Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia22 October 2014
Management have a good outlook on work/life balance so the employees stay engaged in their work without sacrificing their home life.
Good project focussed work with little distraction
Senior Drafter/3D Modeller (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne, Victoria29 September 2012
Great people to work for. Clear responsibilities communicated by managers. HR Manager was always seeking other work for me internally. Meetings only as really necessary to gather information or doing reviews. Good use of information technology. Up to date software. Was given time to come up to speed with software provided.
Pros
good central location near public transport and cycle friendly. no weekend work.
Cons
temporary short term contract role.