Aurecon Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aurecon Group Employee Reviews

If you weren't an engineer or someone super senior then you were treated poorly. It's a very clicky environment - if you don't fit their mould, you'll know it. Very poor leadership when it came to supporting ALL staff.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Poor leadership; lack of support to work flexibly
You have your own time on finishing the job on hand and always has a positive workplace culture. And the most enjoyable part of the work is that you get to work with most of the friendliest colleagues everyday.
Aurecon in itself if you take away the people is not bad, the jobs i worked on were fantastic. however management is horrible , you are treated with 0 respect and expected to complete ridiculous deadlines DUE to unorganized management. overall i would not recommend Aurecon because your skills and person WILL BE VALUED elsewhere.
Pros
free lunch snacks and breakfast
Cons
management, work environment, work life balance
In Aurecon, I worked in a positive and collaborative environment to complete the projects at a quality level. My colleagues were professional and supportive in character. I practised problem-solving, decision-making, innovation and creativity through engaging in a wide range of activities. Knowledge and skill development is highly encouraged in Aurecon. I also used a number of advanced engineering software to carry out design process.
Overall good place to work. It felt like I was being pushed towards what they wanted me to do rather then what I was wanting to do. Difficult to get grounding as an undergrad. Had a good workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was inefficient work with how it is scheduled and bureaucracy. Most enjoyable part was completing tasks and learning skills.
Pros
Good work place, professional development.
Cons
Long hours, bureaucracy
friendly staff with welcoming attitudes. Hard workers and a positive and safe environment to be in. I enjoyed doing work experience with Aurecon for a week, early starts and late afternoon finishes.
Pros
kind staff, friendly environment
Happy to keep returning when required i have worked on various projects with various teams over the past 4 years in brisbane and in the field all were good to work with
I enjoyed working with intelligent people who were willing to learn but also to teach. I worked in both field and various offices in my time with aurecon, therefore I believe I can say without hesitation there is is a fine culture within the company.
Cons
nil
Aurecon provides a work environment in which anything can be achieved. While there, I was swept away into a workplace culture full of vibrant, friendly people full of knowledge and kindness. Help is never far away, but neither is a true working challenge.
Pros
Refreshing, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Bid Coordinator for major transport infrastructure projects managing 3 group secretaries and supporting the Transport Unit Manager and team and the three groups of Rail Tunnels Roads and Geo-Engineering teams
Pros
Great people
Cons
Complex systems and steep learning curve
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aurecon Group?
Being a global company there is lots of room to move overseas to work. For an upcoming Drafter or Engineer the opportunities are endless. A lot of young enthusiastic people.
Pros
Opportunity to Travel
Der Vorstand und Abteilungmanagers sind engagiert, eine ebenmäßige dynamische berufliche Arbeitskultur zu unterhalten. Die Firma auch sehr ernst hinsichtlich ein 'Work-life balance' und es hat einige großartige Police eingeleitet: sehr gut für Angestellte mit Familien.
Pros
befriedigend Arbeitskultur
Cons
Verständerung zwischen Abteilungen manchmal nicht adäquat.
Excellent Job/Work balance. I was able to learn new things and I value that in a work place. Nice work environment and I enjoyed working with my direct managers.
Pros
NIce work atmosphere
Cons
A bit of politics.
My usual day began with checking emails and responding to any needed. Check mail. Answer incoming calls when needed and transfer them to appropiate people. Checked employees filing trays and start organising files in their jobs numbers and distribute them. Assisted with finance by balancing petty cash, edited invoices and entering them work software and excel. Would get ask to do tasks by fellow employees such as editing documents, scanning, binding and printing. Do stationery orders. Completed any deadlines by end of business day. I got along well with fellow employees and was able to talk to managment about any issues or concerns I had. Every day I was learning something, such as new procedures, training etc. It does get hard and overwhelming when I had lots of deadlines in one day. That's when time management comes in. If I needed to I would pass on some task to fellow admin employees. I loved that everyday I was doing multiple tasks and was able to help out fellow employees with their work.
Management have a good outlook on work/life balance so the employees stay engaged in their work without sacrificing their home life.
Great people to work for. Clear responsibilities communicated by managers. HR Manager was always seeking other work for me internally. Meetings only as really necessary to gather information or doing reviews. Good use of information technology. Up to date software. Was given time to come up to speed with software provided.
Pros
good central location near public transport and cycle friendly. no weekend work.
Cons
temporary short term contract role.