Aurecon Group logo
Aurecon Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aurecon Group Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Ordinary

If you weren't an engineer or someone super senior then you were treated poorly. It's a very clicky environment - if you don't fit their mould, you'll know it. Very poor leadership when it came to supporting ALL staff.

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Poor leadership; lack of support to work flexibly

Productive and an encouraging workplace.

You have your own time on finishing the job on hand and always has a positive workplace culture. And the most enjoyable part of the work is that you get to work with most of the friendliest colleagues everyday.

not worth your effort

Aurecon in itself if you take away the people is not bad, the jobs i worked on were fantastic. however management is horrible , you are treated with 0 respect and expected to complete ridiculous deadlines DUE to unorganized management. overall i would not recommend Aurecon because your skills and person WILL BE VALUED elsewhere.

Pros

free lunch snacks and breakfast

Cons

management, work environment, work life balance

Positive learning and collaborative environment

In Aurecon, I worked in a positive and collaborative environment to complete the projects at a quality level. My colleagues were professional and supportive in character. I practised problem-solving, decision-making, innovation and creativity through engaging in a wide range of activities. Knowledge and skill development is highly encouraged in Aurecon. I also used a number of advanced engineering software to carry out design process.

Strong company with good professional development

Overall good place to work. It felt like I was being pushed towards what they wanted me to do rather then what I was wanting to do. Difficult to get grounding as an undergrad. Had a good workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was inefficient work with how it is scheduled and bureaucracy. Most enjoyable part was completing tasks and learning skills.

Pros

Good work place, professional development.

Cons

Long hours, bureaucracy

productive and positive workplace

friendly staff with welcoming attitudes. Hard workers and a positive and safe environment to be in. I enjoyed doing work experience with Aurecon for a week, early starts and late afternoon finishes.

Pros

kind staff, friendly environment

good place to work

Happy to keep returning when required i have worked on various projects with various teams over the past 4 years in brisbane and in the field all were good to work with

good company

I enjoyed working with intelligent people who were willing to learn but also to teach. I worked in both field and various offices in my time with aurecon, therefore I believe I can say without hesitation there is is a fine culture within the company.

Cons

nil

Ultimate Workplace

Aurecon provides a work environment in which anything can be achieved. While there, I was swept away into a workplace culture full of vibrant, friendly people full of knowledge and kindness. Help is never far away, but neither is a true working challenge.

Pros

Refreshing, enjoyable atmosphere

Cons

N/a

Fantastic Systems and Training

Bid Coordinator for major transport infrastructure projects managing 3 group secretaries and supporting the Transport Unit Manager and team and the three groups of Rail Tunnels Roads and Geo-Engineering teams

Pros

Great people

Cons

Complex systems and steep learning curve

Jobs at Aurecon Group

See more jobs

Room for Transfers overseas

Being a global company there is lots of room to move overseas to work. For an upcoming Drafter or Engineer the opportunities are endless. A lot of young enthusiastic people.

Pros

Opportunity to Travel

Hervorragend Arbeitkultur

Der Vorstand und Abteilungmanagers sind engagiert, eine ebenmäßige dynamische berufliche Arbeitskultur zu unterhalten. Die Firma auch sehr ernst hinsichtlich ein 'Work-life balance' und es hat einige großartige Police eingeleitet: sehr gut für Angestellte mit Familien.

Pros

befriedigend Arbeitskultur

Cons

Verständerung zwischen Abteilungen manchmal nicht adäquat.

Aurecon Group

Excellent Job/Work balance. I was able to learn new things and I value that in a work place. Nice work environment and I enjoyed working with my direct managers.

Pros

NIce work atmosphere

Cons

A bit of politics.

Productive and welcoming office

My usual day began with checking emails and responding to any needed. Check mail. Answer incoming calls when needed and transfer them to appropiate people. Checked employees filing trays and start organising files in their jobs numbers and distribute them. Assisted with finance by balancing petty cash, edited invoices and entering them work software and excel. Would get ask to do tasks by fellow employees such as editing documents, scanning, binding and printing. Do stationery orders. Completed any deadlines by end of business day. I got along well with fellow employees and was able to talk to managment about any issues or concerns I had. Every day I was learning something, such as new procedures, training etc. It does get hard and overwhelming when I had lots of deadlines in one day. That's when time management comes in. If I needed to I would pass on some task to fellow admin employees. I loved that everyday I was doing multiple tasks and was able to help out fellow employees with their work.

Good focus on work/life balance

Management have a good outlook on work/life balance so the employees stay engaged in their work without sacrificing their home life.

Good project focussed work with little distraction

Great people to work for. Clear responsibilities communicated by managers. HR Manager was always seeking other work for me internally. Meetings only as really necessary to gather information or doing reviews. Good use of information technology. Up to date software. Was given time to come up to speed with software provided.

Pros

good central location near public transport and cycle friendly. no weekend work.

Cons

temporary short term contract role.