Aurizon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aurizon Employee Reviews

Australia68 reviews
Great Place to work
I enjoyed working with the many professionals at Aurizon.
Aurizon has a diverse work force and the network of knowledgeable persons allows for innovation and integration.
Productive and fun place to work
Aurizon was a wonderful company to work for and I'd happily work there again the workplace culture Aurizon provides is phenomenal, management is wonderful a typical day at work consisted of working on wagons in the workshop carrying out services repairs and air tests etc, out in the yard was re and otr's changing wheels brake blocks and air tests. The hardest part of the job would have to be doing an otr in the rain and the most enjoyable part would be going to work everyday seeing your workmates you have made that you class as family and everybody works as a team.
Aurizon has some great people
Aurizon was ok place to work, lots of new technology to support. Aurizon has many sites around Australian that require support. Aurizon internal IT team is very small and use outsource partners.
Productive workplace
Workplace culture in remote locations is sound, with all employees working to the best of their abilities. Productivity is sometimes inhibited by an overly bureaucratic head office.
Good opportunity
It was good while it lasted.
Different management means inconsistent work ethics, great team apart from inconsiderate individuals but overall ok to put up with.
Experience counts for nothing
Over 35 years experience 22 as a Driver, 10 of those as a driver trainer. Dimissed. Thrown out like a used tissue. It is cheaper to get rid of someone with a mild disability than actual fix hazards. Shows they are all talk and no action on safety and diversity!
Boys club with hope of getting more women on board. Their only aim
Aurizon as a company was relying on their previous contracts as QR. As these contracts are now over and the executives have milked the coffers for all they can, they are struggling to understand the market and how to achieve success. Restructure after restructure keeps removing staff but not executives. If you gain access to the boys club, you will smoke your cigars and play trains in the CEO's office. If you are from a diverse group, you will generally be looked after. Anyone else is bullied and harassed mostly because executives have no idea what they are doing and have huge egos due their their position in the company accompanied by a lack of skills and qualifications.

All in all this is a terrible company to work for if you are looking for job satisfaction. They are removing all "perks" and pay equal or less than competitors. All they are interested in is saving money so they can report profits to shareholders, increasing executive pay packets, and telling the media they employ women and people from the gay community.

They are all show and no substance.
Redundant had.no choice
Was a great job But New management never got to know employee one on one..
My sitiation & experiencing the culture changes was done to quick & staff found it difficult for change
Toxic management, the restructure kings.
If you want to work for a company that promotes based on gender, loves to restructure every 5 minutes, provide rosters with no work/life balance, happy to lose experienced staff, promotes a safety culture as long as it doesn't cost anything and constantly expects more and more productivity without providing a way to reward you for your efforts, then this is the place for you.
I like working here and have had nothing but good reports for my work. But no offer to go full-time or future contracts in sight
You would be expected to work hard, get little to no incentive to maintain high level work load.
Plenty work travel potential depending on your role. No real incentive to travel for work though.

Pay is pretty good, no sight of future employment.

Shown my abilities over and over.

It feels very corporate.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Limited employment future
Aurizon help me career
Before I join Aurizon , I couldn't even spell "manager" ... now I is one!.

Payday was good.

I really like the trains too.

The teknology was fascinating too.
Pros
You get to see trains.
Cons
Trains
A company that is constantly restructuring
Making employees redundant then asking the ones left to take a pay cut and take on more work is disgusting.

On positive note the new building is great in the technology is up to date.
Employees increasingly feel like they are walking on egg shells
Spend a great deal of time guiding current managers to remain within regulators requirements
Bulk freight management, interpersonal skills, safety focus

Unwillingness for cooperation between departments to allow advancement

Extremely slow to embrace Diversity and safety directives

Honesty and integrity over future advancement

Helping people, delivering training
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Advancement through hard work
A good place to work
The workshops in Rockhampton provided a place for employment for many.

Various trades and persons worked there for many years. It is sad that it has closed due to the continual restructure of Aurizon.

Many people were left redundant because of it.
Productive working environment
Excellent work place, good management, work / life balance. working at Aurizon has helped me shaped my work / life ethics.
the work place culture is absolutely fantastic.
Great Leaders, tough suppliers
My days include long hours and a great deal of supplier and internal stakeholder interaction.

Co-ordinating changes to contracts, managing supplier relationships, performance and negotiations are big part of each day.

I am also kept rather busy with coaching and preparing the work loads of the other team members.

The culture in my immediate team is very positive, although is often challenged due to the immense pressure from the business to deliver steep outcomes in an under resourced environment.

I work an 11 hour day every day at a minimum because I love what I do and want to drive positive outcomes that reflect well on me. However, I am not forced or pressured to stay beyond my contracted hours.
Pros
Exceptional Manager
Cons
Not enough financial recognition for the impact I make
There is nothing good to say about this company
Too much middle management, that have no idea about their jobs or the roles of the employees underneath them.
Work/life balance is non existent. Your shift changes constantly and you never know what or when you’re working until the last minute.

There is a real divide between management & employees.

Aurizon top management hit the workers with a big stick & use bullying tactics. If you are a ceo or a member of the board, then you’ll probably be happy at Aurizon. The actual workers, who are out there during the night, wknd, public holiday & making things happen, are treated with such disdain.

DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
I can’t think of any
Cons
No work/life balance, Poor rostering, Bad management, Unable to use your leave when you want it. Far too much wknd & night work
A business in decline
A company in decline, lost direction on safety & health, constant restructures, very little security, customers have a very low opinion. majority of personnel are either praying for redundancy or actively leaving...
Ex public sector business
Employees have many years of experience. Can be an issue dealing with red tape on projects etc. Fun atmosphere. Flexible working hours and good work life balance.
Challenging and fulfilling
Best 8 years I’ve spent as a driver working relay from Adelaide to Perth
Work mates shared a common goal and management were approachable and receptive
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Fatigue isolation
badly run - hard for new starters
terribly run, safety was not on their priority list. Training was obsolete.
place was not organised enough to train people well enough to succeed. wouldn't recommend working for aurizon.
Pros
pay
Cons
poorly run