Aurizon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aurizon Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

The job gave me a great introduction to QLD railways & the coal industry in CQ. Also I was able to work in FNQ & 12 months relocation with my family to WA.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Bureaucracy
I enjoyed working with the many professionals at Aurizon. Aurizon has a diverse work force and the network of knowledgeable persons allows for innovation and integration.
Aurizon was ok place to work, lots of new technology to support. Aurizon has many sites around Australian that require support. Aurizon internal IT team is very small and use outsource partners.
Aurizon as a company was relying on their previous contracts as QR. As these contracts are now over and the executives have milked the coffers for all they can, they are struggling to understand the market and how to achieve success. Restructure after restructure keeps removing staff but not executives. If you gain access to the boys club, you will smoke your cigars and play trains in the CEO's office. If you are from a diverse group, you will generally be looked after. Anyone else is bullied and harassed mostly because executives have no idea what they are doing and have huge egos due their their position in the company accompanied by a lack of skills and qualifications. All in all this is a terrible company to work for if you are looking for job satisfaction. They are removing all "perks" and pay equal or less than competitors. All they are interested in is saving money so they can report profits to shareholders, increasing executive pay packets, and telling the media they employ women and people from the gay community. They are all show and no substance.
You would be expected to work hard, get little to no incentive to maintain high level work load. Plenty work travel potential depending on your role. No real incentive to travel for work though. Pay is pretty good, no sight of future employment. Shown my abilities over and over. It feels very corporate.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Limited employment future
Excellent work place, good management, work / life balance. working at Aurizon has helped me shaped my work / life ethics. the work place culture is absolutely fantastic.
My days include long hours and a great deal of supplier and internal stakeholder interaction. Co-ordinating changes to contracts, managing supplier relationships, performance and negotiations are big part of each day. I am also kept rather busy with coaching and preparing the work loads of the other team members. The culture in my immediate team is very positive, although is often challenged due to the immense pressure from the business to deliver steep outcomes in an under resourced environment. I work an 11 hour day every day at a minimum because I love what I do and want to drive positive outcomes that reflect well on me. However, I am not forced or pressured to stay beyond my contracted hours.
Pros
Exceptional Manager
Cons
Not enough financial recognition for the impact I make
Too much middle management, that have no idea about their jobs or the roles of the employees underneath them. Work/life balance is non existent. Your shift changes constantly and you never know what or when you’re working until the last minute. There is a real divide between management & employees. Aurizon top management hit the workers with a big stick & use bullying tactics. If you are a ceo or a member of the board, then you’ll probably be happy at Aurizon. The actual workers, who are out there during the night, wknd, public holiday & making things happen, are treated with such disdain. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
I can’t think of any
Cons
No work/life balance, Poor rostering, Bad management, Unable to use your leave when you want it. Far too much wknd & night work
Employees have many years of experience. Can be an issue dealing with red tape on projects etc. Fun atmosphere. Flexible working hours and good work life balance.
picking and packing orders to go out. loading/unloading of trucks. loading containers on to trucks driving a 54 ton forklift great workplace culture top safety standards . great company to work for.
Pros
experience driving all types of forklifts
Cons
none really
Aurizon has the making of a great work force but needs to align its efforts and improve customer service and its operating reliability. It has been going through significant change since IPO in 2010, and has experienced excessive management turnover.
Many jobs will be lost as a result of a drive to 75 initiative by Senior Managers who are only concerned about their own jobs. Sadly many hard working individuals were forced to take pay cuts as a result of this type of management initiative.
Pros
Great industry to be working in.
Cons
A new management structure forcing lower paid jobs or redundancies at the lower staff level.
The maintenance workshops were productive thriving,highly regarded and professional workplace with many deadicated knowledgible workers. Execitive management decided to ignore that and close the sections down.Another example of the trend in Australia at the present time to down size its workforce at any cost.
Pros
Deadicated professional;helpfull workers.
Cons
Incompetent management, low moral, no employment expectations.
Every employee are kind and great help in times of need it gives you all the solutions to the engineering problems that you cannot solve and cannot achieved.
Pros
All engineering softwares installed upon request
Cons
Flexible Hours
As a Change Manager, lead people through major change programs. So rewarding when the client begins to feel confident about the transition. I learned more (about everything) in 4yrs at Accenture than learned in previous 15. Management are amazing. Strong, intelligent, know the big and detailed picture. Co-workers likewise. An honour to work with such brilliant people. The hours were long and the expectation extremely high. Lead to poor work/life balance. Achieving the unachievable - on a daily basis - was exhilarating, and tiring.
Pros
People and processed and staff development are amazing
Cons
up or out company. constant pressure to (out)perform