Aurrum Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aurrum Aged Care Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Ok place to work. Could be stressful at times due to understaffed. A very small and out dated facility to work at. Managerial issues due to facility being sold.
Engaging and challenging work place that is rewarding. Organising and coordinating care of some of the most hard working AIN's and EEN's I've ever had the pleasure of working with
Its very good to work in aurrum and the place are clean and take good care at the residents..they are always ask a question and feedback from them and also from the workers.
Great staff to work with ,but not enough everything rushed ,better care should be given.Ratio unacceptable alot admin not enough floor staff, handovers rushed, rushed at meal times which mean residents rushed. Overall the place looks pretty but have a closer look. To be expected to attend to 52 residents with 2 floor staff then 3 at dinner is not a good safe working environment
Was a good place but not anymore. Bad management, manager doesn’t know what she’s doing, bad staff-resident ratio, many of newbies nurses were lack of nursing knowledge and yet very cocky, even makes false accusations to others when they got caught making mistakes. Horrible place to work.
I appreciate the new things I learned which are diverse to what I previously learned from the past experiences. The job itself and its responsibilities helped me developed in exerting more patience and passion to make every work to become productive and efficiently and effectively done.
Nice facility, but worst management I’ve ever met, says one thing, does another, even promoted a nurse who has only 1 year experience as an in charge who’s bossy, can’t take constructive feedback, panic easily when emergency happens and lies and point fingers to others when she did something wrong, doesn’t know how to lead but work as a leader, lol. Management doesn’t care either, smiles when listening to you and forgets next second. PCA-residents ratio is sky hight, 1:12 in the morning, only 3 PCAs are working between 1pm to 3pm for 55 residents, and manager expects great work performance, lmao.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Too many to count
No job security or benefits to working at Aurrum, management are a joke and change more often then the residents change pads, $22 an hour to work your bum off all day, about a 1 nurse to 12 resident ratio which is unacceptable in a high care facility like Aurrum.
Staff are always asking for shifts but never have any available because they keep cutting costs. Have to shower a minimum of 8 people a day, most before breakfast and then there’s about 17 pages of paperwork to finish before you go home and if it isn’t done you have to stay back for free to finish it, so if you like working hard for nothing in return but a bad back definitely apply here.

The only good thing about the place is the other AIN’s you work with so you have someone to rant to about how terrible it is to work there.
Pros
The other AIN’s you work with so you have someone to rant to about how terrible it is to work there
Cons
literally everything
Management at Aurrum is terrible, especially from head office as they are so out of touch and so far from actually working with the residents on the floor they just cut costs any way they can so they can get their monthly bonuses.
There is about a 1 AIN to 12 resident ratio and they all have to be up before lunch, working for $22 an hour breaking your back to get people up in time or they'd be the ones to suffer, as they would be stuck in bed all day everyday if the AIN's didn't work their buts off and go without their breaks to get things done in time.

15 pages of paperwork has to be done before you leave at 3.30pm and if its not done you'll have to stay back and do it for free.

If you like employee benefits and job security definitely don't apply for a job here, both of those things don't exist.

Management like to fire people who speak up about about the things that are wrong with the running of the facility, your permanent shifts will be cut without any notice what so ever and there is no benefits at all that come with working with this company.

They go through facility managers and care managers like underwear however AINs and other floor staff that have been there for years always get the blame for problems that arise.

The only good thing about working at Aurrum are the other

AINs working with you as you both can vent to each other about how terrible this place has gotten over the years.
Pros
Cose to home
Cons
Management, pay and lack of hours
Be confident and well prepared for new challenges like cooking for very high dignity!
Some of the residents are very familiar with what they getting !
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
If you want to go home on time, finish your tasks every day!
Great and progressive company to work for. They are new to aged care relatively and as a result, they show inexperience in some of their decisions and expectations. However, they mean well and are well financed.
Pros
Free Lunches and secure employment
Cons
Management treat staff like they are below them. Bullying is bad here, and management do nothing about it. It is a shame because it has potential to be a great home for plenty of residents.
I have learn how to teach exercise classes and help the elderly. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was helping the elderly and being able to be apart of the experience with them.
Pros
Friendly and welcoming environment
Cons
There really isn't a typical work day, all intentions are to focus on planning, sometimes it does work out, other days which sometimes turns into most days a change is required to cater for unforseen circumstances.
Every person is an individual some people are made for nursing and some others are not.

Some staff are respectful, mindful, caring not only to the residents but the families.

The down side of my job is learning to let go when a resident has passed away, because they make such a positive impact on your life.

At the end of the day as long as I have done everything to make someone's day better than I feel I have accomplished my job.
Pros
Residents are the best
Cons
Low wages, staff are under appeciated
the demographics were perfect, the duties and responsibilities i thoroughly enjoyed. i loved this job…however there were a lot of parameters that were beyond my control…this proved to be very hard for me in many ways…happy to disclose all of them...
Every day is different working with residents accepting challenging behaviour and knowing how to handle with each residents.Fun working with different co workers in every shifts.
Pros
Can work on different shifts
Cons
Challenging job when dealing with dementia residents
My fellow AIN's and RN's were wonderful to work with, very supportive and willing to help in all aspects of the job.

The hardest part of the job was becoming attached to the residents only to be informed of them passing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the praise from the residents for making them happy, comfortable and safe.

Management were unfortunately not very approachable. While I can accept they are very busy, taking the time to listen and being willing to help if asked was not considered, at all.
Pros
Spending time with the elderly and seeing them smile
Cons
Too much focus on jobs and none on what the resident wants - no personal aspect.
Great place to work and very supportive co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was the team work and the challenges overcome together.
I was always taught If I had nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all. I believe this is my safest course of action in reviewing Aurrum as employers. Suffice to say, I left this employment voluntarily and I would not recommend a friend to apply to work there.
Pros
Nil
Cons
List too long
There were some days when it was great to go to work and make a differance but there were times when there were unrealistic expectations by management which made it hard to care for the residents in a proper and realistic way .
Pros
some good staff
Cons
management were very bossy