Auscript
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Auscript Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
High turnover resulting in little expertise, especially with management. Poor pay. High stress. Expected to work overtime on almost a daily basis. The wrong people are continually promoted and the most knowledgeable are ignored. The best thing about this job is easily the content of the work. If you're willing to ignore everything else in favour of interesting work, then this is the right job for you!
I see a few negative reviews for this company - I'm a current employee and have been with Auscript for three and a half years now and have not experienced the negativity that others have mentioned.

I have a great and hardworking team around me, have had to travel around the country multiple times, and people in my department have advanced into higher positions. My office has a mixed culture with people from different ethnic and religious backgrounds who are welcoming and easy to get along with.

I enjoy working here and will be here a long time.
Pros
Great team, opportunity to travel, advancement opportunities, good pay.
Cons
Occasional long hours.
Company very focused on growth and does not value staff at all. work-life balance and culture is not good. A lot of stressed out employees and terrible staff retention. Underpays employees.
They have a culture of bullying that encourages discrimination throughout the organisation. They support young white people but if you are over 20 years old or have any differences at all then you will be bullied into leaving if not fired entirely.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bigoted company with a culture of bullying
It doesn't pay enough.
High expectations of 98% accuracy even though multiple speakers who talk over the top of each other and one audio channel.

Audits even on field tapes when not even standing next to microphone.

You can work the hours you want is the only postive.
Pros
Work in your own time allocation.
Cons
Pay too low about $15 per hour.